MAHQ gaming clan?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Chris
Administrator

MAHQ gaming clan?

Now that I'm on the next gen bandwagon, I figured I'd give this idea a try. Would people here be interested in forming an MAHQ clan for games such as Resistance, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3, etc? Personally, the only FPS games I have are COD4 and Resistance (borrowed from a friend). My PSN name is amuromsz006 if anyone wants to find me in game. The whole idea for this is just to have some fun and interact with clan matches.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
J-Lead

Sure, I'll jump on the online gaming fad. I don't have many online oriented games for PS3, just Resistance so far. Everything else I have is for 360, which, ironically, I don't have a Live ID for yet.) Anyhoo, my PSN online ID is the same as my Mechatalk username, so send a friend request if any of you feel inclined. (I can't promise that I'll be on alot, though.)

...And with that, I'm off for a jog around the block! :)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Mwulf

I think it depends entirely on what kind of clan you're wanting to make...

Either one that plays to win, or one that plays for fun. If it's the latter, I'll jump it, but I don't think I've gotten my CoD4 multiplayer lvl up enough for a clan yet... I can only focus so much in an FPS. ~__~
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Scyron

I'd probably be down, but I'm afraid I'm using multiplayer pretty exclusively on the 360 until metal gear online. There was talk of an ace combat squad I think and one for that 360 gundam game, if it ever comes out.
Fritz Ashlyn

Scyron wrote:...and one for that 360 gundam game, if it ever comes out.
It would be great to have one on there. The MAHQ/MechaTalk 1st Company 3rd Very Light and Fragile Armored Type 61 Battalion.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Zeonic Glory

I'd love to join a MAHQ FPS clan. I don't have a PS3 though....

I do have a 360 with a Live account. It's the same as my name here.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Turinu

Aye, I have a 360 with a Live account, gamertag Turinu. Only playable online game is Armored Core 4 though, and I've just started playing it.
RedShirt0909

Hoo-yah, mech-heads united online! My live ID is the same as my ID here. I've got COD4, DOA4, and Halo 3 as the games I play most often.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Chris
Administrator

Mwulf wrote:I think it depends entirely on what kind of clan you're wanting to make...

Either one that plays to win, or one that plays for fun. If it's the latter, I'll jump it, but I don't think I've gotten my CoD4 multiplayer lvl up enough for a clan yet... I can only focus so much in an FPS. ~__~
Like I said, it would be just something for fun, not really to compete with other clans. It's just another way for MAHQ peeps to interact. I'm not at clan level at COD4 either yet, but I'm working toward it. If you've gotten far enough to unlock Domination, I'd suggest that as a fast leveler because you get 15 points for each flag captured.
Nightwing03

Unreal Tournament 3 eh? I Might be interested in joining the clan, but i'm not sure if i'll have time though...
♣♦♠♥
VR7

I don't have a 360 or a PS3, but if I'm lucky I might join you guys on MGS4 one day. I used to play MGS3 Subsistence, but multiplayer MGS3 was shut down a few months ago.

In terms of PC games, I do have UT3 and the Orange Box, so we could probably play something like Team Fortess 2. I also have IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, which is great fun despite the learning curve, but I doubt anyone here is into those types of games. :P (WW2 flight combat sim, most popular multiplayer combat sim in the realism field AFAIK)
-noel
Toxicity

I have a 360 with a whole slew of online games. Personally, I think it would be really badass to have our own Chromehounds squad, but I'm game for anything you guys might suggest.
Wedge14

WHEN I pick up COD4 i'll be down. I'm godawful at FPS's and hate most of them. But hell i'm down for some entertainment as long as it's casual and not very demanding.

Would any of the PS3 fellas be open for a warhawk clan?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Chris
Administrator

The MAHQ clan is officially born - I achieved clan status on COD4. Anyone else at that level on COD4, just add MAHQ as your clan tag. I'll eventually get Warhawk, so I'll join in on that too. Since this is a loose clan, it doesn't matter if it's split up between people on PS3 or 360.
Zeonic Glory

All right. Now we just need for someone to make a 360 MAHQ Clan and for me to reach the level to join a clan and I'll be ready to rock.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Mwulf

Eh, I actually just got that too. I'll join the next time I get online.

I was doing pretty well in the Domination thing, and then a map loads that I've never seen before... that's essentially a tiny box. ~__~ Hate that map.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
VR7

Steam Clan? PC game branch of the MAHQ clan?

Just got Team Fortress 2 installed and hopefully working great. If anyone's interested, I could try and rig up some TF2 matches somewhere, probably arrange for matches on a pub server or come up with a passworded server somewhere.

With all PC games, I would recommend getting something like TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, (preferably Ventrilo because I do have a miniature server set up for that already) which is a better alternative to most built-in mic chat solutions.

Edit: Link to the MAHQ group for Steam. It's currently set to invite-only, if anyone here wants an invite let me know, preferably via Steam or MSN.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mahq

Note I only have Team Fortress 2 installed, unfortunately. I don't have disk space for anything else Steam-related at the moment.
-noel
velocity7

Unreal Tournament 3 does sound like an option. Can we evaluate whether or not PC and PS3 players can play together?
solid snake

For COD4 I recommend playing Search and Destroy. Every kill is worth 50 XP.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Jak Stoller

In CoD4 you realy need to play headquarters for kills (not captures) with a good balanced team to get some healthy Exp (I usually get around 800 to 1200 exp before challanges roll in), if you play the game with a head on your shoulders it's easy to walk through a prestige every four to five days.

When I come off vacation (30 days of leave, thank the lord) I'll see if I can talk my clan (Oryx) into helping out. I already play with Guyver and a few others.

--Jak