Episode 14 - Disaster in Hatte

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
EZero8

--Team 3--
--Wes Curren--

"Aww, what the f***..." Wes muttered when he realized that the Dervish had gone off farther than he had expected it to. Of course, that was what he got for being too consumed in fighting that damned Marasai to a stalemate.

What didnt help though was that he was running low on propellant after fighting throughout the battle without returning to the ship to replenish his supply. Damn him for being so caught up so as to forget even the simplest thing to resupply! His rifle and beam pistols were pretty much spent as well, now that he had time to actually look at his dashboard for his weapon info.

So Wes simply did what he would do if his car was running out of gas... create momentum while running on "neutral." It was like comedically going downhill and leaning forward to shift all available weight forward, only instead he was in zero-g and was pushing off debris. After a bit of tedious manuvering (and a fair bit of cursing when he just barely avoided chunks of debris that would've stopped his motion completely), he finally got close enough to the ship to start using his thrusters again sparingly to retain a constant velocity. It wouldn't be long before he finally reached the perimeter of the ship.

"This is Curren... coming in for a much needed landing..." he says over the COM, coming in very close to the ship so that they get his message.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
RGM-79 GM

(OOC: Sorry for not posting sooner.)

IC: Shin looks at Samantha's Marasai a little confused after she tells him to land first and wonders why she isn't landing first even though she got there first but he doesn't say anything about it. "Alright." then he boosts past her Marasai and into the hanger landing his Marasai and placing it into it's position and begins to shut it down while the mechanics begin to work on it.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
ORegan

Patrick had no idea what his commander meant about wussing out. He knew the meaning of the term, but not what the Kirov team did to be called such. 'They must not have followed orders' thought Patrick, as it was the only thing that could cause the Titans to become upset with them.

"Yes Sir, I'll...er...I'll...um............*long thinking pause*...........protect your flank."
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Wedge14

Heyden's eyes shot up when he heard the word benefactor.

"Make sure to show the bossman around the ship..." Heyden said rather a matter of factly.

"Show him the hangar and the sickward. Show him were his money goes in the end."

The pilot then started to walk past them and towards the bridge.

"I'll cover yer spot kid. Be quick, about. No promise i won't f*ck shit up."

And with that Pan entered the bridge. Making a quick b-line to Jungst station he sat down. Giving the person sitting beside him and casual nod.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outer Shoal -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Sager watched in disbelief as not only one of his crew, but also Jim MacAlpin proceeded to ignore him, have a quick spat and float out into the hangar. “Damn teenagers,” Sager grunted as he watched the mechanic retreat. He cupped his hands to his mouth and yelled after him, “No respect! ...Get back to work!” before pushing off of the Rick Dias after Jim. After a moment of drifting, he caught up to the pilot and caught hold of his arm. “You okay, JG? Sounds like your mouth is working fine.”

- Bridge -

Being a former radio operator, Filmore of course heard and registered everything Wes Curren said, but he was too preoccupied wondering who the hell had just sat down next to him to say anything in reply. He sent the green-light for landing to Curren’s Dias with the press of a button as he looked Pan Heyden over. The rough pilot greeted him with a silent nod. “Uh...” was Filmore’s hesitant reply as he tried to place a name to the face. The captain bailed him out of his quandary. “Who the hell are you?” Abbey asked, leaning forward in his chair to look Pan over.

- Sick Bay -

Jungst found a new, more appropriate victim for Gates to cling to in the ship’s doctor. “At first he wouldn’t shut up, but it looks like he’s calming down,” the operator explained, backing away in the direction of the door. The doctor struggled to get Gates to stay put on a bed near Lt. Barrique. Jungst stepped outside but stopped and turned back to lean through the doorway. “Hey, Doc, I just remembered you wanted updates on the fighting, right? The Gela and Thunderchild are both gone... we rescued some crew from both but it sounds really bad down there. We’re almost out of the shoal, so I should get back...”

- The New Yark -
- Sub Bridge -

Things had quieted down for the New Yark significantly since the crew had been forced to relocate to the sub bridge, and after considering their position for a moment Capt. Guanche crossed his arms and ordered, “Mr. Rausch, have recall flares loaded and ready. I don’t anticipate this fight lasting much longer,”. Rausch tried to read his captain’s intent and finally shrugged. “Yes sir.”

- Fritz -

Fritz watched Celeste’s unresponsive suit with growing dread as his radio calls failed to garner a response. Finally, her Dias seemed to jerk to life again as he neared her position and she rolled around a chunk of colony debris. Fritz realized he had been holding his breath since his last attempt to get her attention, and he let out a deep sigh. He moved closer from the side until he was within arm’s reach, and then grasped her mobile suit’s torso. “Celeste, are you okay?,” he asked, hoping skin talk would finally allow her to hear him. As his Rick Dias secured it’s grip, they began to drift through fresh debris from the Zomel.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

The pilot was starting to adjust the screens settings so he could see them a lil bit better before the captain interjected behind him.

Pan whipped his neck around quickly. Speaking in a quick and sharp tone he pretty much only used to keep himself out of trouble. He replied.

"Lt. Jg. Pan Heyden. Sir. New yark team. This is as close to the action as i'm gonna get right now. And you're down a man. Pleasure to be aboard." He finished placing a headset on his head.

Ascension

"Oh, hey," Jim called out as Sager approached, "you're that chief mechanic guy! Yeah, I'm fine, 'course I am!"

Jim looked over at his Dias and grimaced slightly.

"Better than the ol' Dias, at least... Sorry 'bout making so much work for you. If our comrades in arms hadn't beaten me senseless just before the fight I might've been able to save the arm... and the bazooka... and that other pistol... and... well, you get the picture."

Jim rubbed his head and sighed.

"Hard to put in a top notch performance when you're fighting on both fronts... your 'enemies' and your 'allies.'"

Jim suddenly looked Sager right in the eyes and his gaze was charged with a burning determination.

"I hate the Titans as much as any man in this fleet. Probably moreso than a number of them..."

Jim started shouting, his resolve melting into a frenzy...

"Isn't that enough? Shouldn't that be enough? WHY ISN'T IT ENOUGH?"

...and frenzy into desperation...

"No matter what I do for the ship, the fleet, the cause, I never hear anyone's approval... only their hatred. All of my superiors hate me. They always have. They always will."

...and desperation into resignation...

"Oh, **** it, why I am I saying this to you of all people. I don't even remember your proper name, Chief. Y'know what? Forget it. Forget all of this. I don't need your sympathy. Yours or that of anyone else on the ship... in the fleet... in the whole ****ing Anti Earth Union Group! I don't want your sympathy. Just leave me here to float. I need a few minutes to think."

((Warning: This poster has recently been exposed to Evangelion in dangerous doses. Does it show?))
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Goose

((Oh yes it shows, Acension. It shows.))

Jack is a bit disappointed that the enemy suits are running away, but he doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth; a quick check at Clute and Jacob show that both of them are damaged. He exhales and gently boosts over to both of them.

"Ready to head back, guys?"

((King Monkey: I'll be busy for a while, so you can RP Clute and Jack heading back to the Dervish. Will be busy for the next 48 hours or so. Thanks!))
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
King Monkey

Satisfied, and relieved that the Titans have been turned aside at least one more time, Jacob follows his superiors in his squad back to the Dervish. It appears that their mothership is in only slightly better shape than his own Suit and they have to wait for a chance to land on one of the remaining, undamaged catapult.

Once he maneuvers his heavily damaged Rick Dias into place, Jacob has a chance to really contemplate everything that had just happened. Removing his helmet, he's not surprised to find the padding within damp with sweat. In fact, the entire inside of his flight suit suddenly seems coated with ice water and he shudders slightly.

He'd gotten his first kill. He should be excited. It was an event that all warriors looked forward too and that far too many never got to experience. It was the whole point for him being out here in the middle of space on this ship after all. He was here to kill Titans.

But, he took no joy in it. He had come far too close to being just another number in that Titan Ace's no doubt long list of conquests. He couldn't be sure, given how chaotic the battlefield was, but he suspected that the AEUG had taken heavy casualties. But worst, he was beginning to think about the Titan that he killed. Not just the Mobile Suit, not just the machine, but the person inside it. The person who had hopes and dreams and probably a family just like he did, hopes and dreams he'd never achieve, that were now wiped out from the universe altogether, a family that would never see him again.

He doesn't know how long he sits there thinking, but it's long enough that the tech crew outside worries about him, especially since he's not answering them and the hatch is overridden and opened from the outside.

"Are you ok, kid?" gruff, chubby tech asks.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine, Kanockers," Jacob answers absently as he sets aside his helmet and climbs out of the cockpit. "Never better."

He pushes off his Mobile Suit and floats towards the walkway that runs around the hangar, blind to the carnage of damaged suits around him.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
EZero8

Curren let out a sigh of relief when he opened up the hatch of his Ricky D. The landing had gone smoothly, and now he can breathe "fresh" air rather than the recycled oxygen from inside his machine. After a bit of stretching out, he glanced around the hangar and surveyed the damages.

"We got owned..." Curren muttered, and realized that a Rick Dias was missing. And replaced by a Pink Nemo no less! Wes shuddered at the thought of the new pilot's... eccentricity. Or it could just be odd custom colors.

Wes didnt think much more of that before he wandered off elsewhere, letting his stomach guide him rather than his brain. He was starved.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outer Shoal -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

"Lt. Jg. Pan Heyden. Sir. New Yark team. This is as close to the action as I'm gonna get right now. And you're down a man. Pleasure to be aboard,” Pan explained as he put Jungst’s headset on. The captain nodded, satisfied, and leaned back in his seat. “Good man,” he grunted in approval even as his eyes were already focused back on the forward status screens and bridge windows. Filmore turned from looking at the captain and blinked at Heyden again. “Welcome aboard, I guess,” he said as he went back to work. Abbey’s reaction didn’t seem to have done much to boost his confidence.

- Hangar -

"Oh, hey," Jim called out as Sager approached, "you're that chief mechanic guy! Yeah, I'm fine, 'course I am!". Once the chief had caught up and grabbed Jim’s arm, he let go so they could drift without MacAlpin moving off in another direction. "Better than the ol' Dias, at least... Sorry 'bout making so much work for you. If our comrades in arms hadn't beaten me senseless just before the fight I might've been able to save the arm... and the bazooka... and that other pistol... and... well, you get the picture,”. Sager wasn’t sure what the kid was talking about. MacAlpin added, "Hard to put in a top notch performance when you're fighting on both fronts... your 'enemies' and your 'allies’.”

"I hate the Titans as much as any man in this fleet. Probably more so than a number of them..." Jim said before the chief could respond. Then the kid started raising his voice, shouting, "Isn't that enough? Shouldn't that be enough? WHY ISN'T IT ENOUGH? No matter what I do for the ship, the fleet, the cause, I never hear anyone's approval... only their hatred. All of my superiors hate me. They always have. They always will,”. Sager bit his tongue and held in his natural verbal reaction, allowing the JG to continue talking. But in his head, the mechanic was frowning. “Boy, you are crazy...”

"Oh, **** it, why I am I saying this to you of all people. I don't even remember your proper name, Chief. Y'know what? Forget it. Forget all of this. I don't need your sympathy. Yours or that of anyone else on the ship... in the fleet... in the whole ****ing Anti Earth Union Group! I don't want your sympathy. Just leave me here to float. I need a few minutes to think,” Jim finished his ravings quietly.

While Jim was talking, Sager had slowly reached out and regained his grip on the kid’s normal suit. Whether it was potentially for everyone’s protection or not was known only to him. The chief reached out with his other hand, taking hold of Jim’s collar (and making sure to count to ten in his head to keep from striking a superior). “You want a few minutes to think, huh? Don’t want my sympathy? Son, the only people that have my sympathy are the dead. Jackson and those other boys that died ferrying people out of the Gela and the Thunderchild while you’re busy playing hotshot robot jockey and pouting when people don’t like you for your glowing personality,” he said, pulling the pilot closer.

Oh, Sager was mad. Not ‘mad’ like he got when he yelled at his deck crew. This was real anger. His grip tightened a bit. “Hating the Titans ain’t enough. Hating the Titans don’t change a damn thing for anybody, and if it did we wouldn’t be out here fighting and dying. If you need a pat on the head every time you do something right, then you ain’t cut out for the military. The AEUG don’t need you, kid. If you don’t want to be here, then get out.”

The chief held Jim at arm’s length and continued, “I know damn well ain’t nobody here wants a whining kid under his command. Not Capt. Abbey. Not Eddie, Fritz or Clute. Not me. If you want to be a man, and if you want to do your part to fix some of the things that are wrong in this world, then you can stay. Pick up a rifle and get in line, son, because that’s what brings a change. Not talking,”. Sager shook his head and hesitated before pushing Jim away.

As the momentum sent him back towards the hangar floor, he called out, “And my name is Chief Petty Officer Sager L. Polk. If you hate the Titans and you want to do something about it, then start right now. I think Ms. Sato is in the ready room if you feel like talking to somebody a little more understanding while we get to work on your mobile suit...”
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

One quality no one with any knowledge of him would ever think of ascribing to Jim MacAlpin is the ability to know when to shut up.

"Who said I was here to change 'the world'?" he shouted, trying to hide his embarrassment with a veneer of anger, "All of you earthers are too fond of your homeworld to figure out that the ol' 'blue marble' is our problem! It's nothing but a breeding ground for tyrants! I'm not here to change the world, I'm here to destroy it! Frankly, I'm fed up with you guys. I thought when I joined up I was signing on to a band of anti-government rebels. I don't see any rebels here. This is no revolution, it's just a rich man's pleasure cruise! Forget it! I quit! The next time we stop in port, I'm gone. Don't even bother trying to stop me! I should've jumped ship already..."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Hallway Outside Hanger -

Ian met Marvin right as exited the hanger. "Ya okay kid?" He asked.

Marvin nodded. The walk, float really, but Marvin didn't care about semantics, had helped him clear his mind a little. "Better." He grunted with a shrug as Ian turned and started back towards the door he'd just come from.

They both entered the hanger's upper catwalk and found Eddie hanger over the rail, watching what was going on. He gave them a glance and a nod. Marvin came and stood to Eddie's right, with Ian to Marvin's right. "You left these." Marvin said, handing Eddie back his cigarettes and lighter without looking.

"Thanks, Cowboy." Eddie said, also not taking his view off the hanger floor. Without looking, he put the items back in a pouch on his belt.

Marvin watched what was going on down below, his mind floating between everything that had happened to him, and everything going on down there. People watching was something he'd done from time to time, he enjoyed it in an odd sense. Now, it just felt... better. It calmed him. The noise of the hanger had a similar effect. It was a familiar area and helped him. All three leaned foward and watched quietly for a few minutes.

Eddie broke the silence, "Pesudo-Zeke's blowing up on the Chief." He nodded where the young, even in Cowboy's eyes, and annoying pilot was yelling at Sager Polk. They could only make out some of the words, but none really cared, nor did it matter. None of the three men cared what the pilot was blowing up about this time, but it didn't take much effort to guess at, MacAlpin was predictable in his rants, they'd learned easily.

That wasn't the case with Sager, whom they'd all determined on their own that upsetting wouldn't be a very good idea. They saw him grip the younger, although higher ranking, pilot and pull him close. They couldn't make out the words, although the mechanic's face was visible, as was the contained anger in his eyes. Jim was pushed away not long after, prompting another loud rant from the immature pilot. Again they caught some of his comments, but they didn't budge from their spots high up on the catwalk. By silent agreement of a handful of glances, they planned to stay where they were and watch what happened.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wedge14

Heyden grinned, delighted he had gotten the captain's approval. As he turned back to his console the grim reality of him not knowing what he was doing sunk in for a brief moment only to be interrupt by one of the other bridge officers welcoming him aboard.

"Don't get too attached to me kid."

The lieutenant responded his eyes tracing the screen. From what he could surmise. The New Yark was still out there. Good thing too, that's were all of Pan's sh*t was.

King Monkey

The outburst from below catches Jacob's attention before he gets out of the hangar. Turning slowly, he leans over the railing just as the members of the other mobile suit team do, though he's not close to them, nor does he even notice them watching. Unlike Marvin, Ian and Eddie, however, he can't just stand and watch. He's come too close to death today and his nerves are too frayed to just listen.

"You mean tyrants like the ones who dropped a colony on Australia?" he calls out as he pushes off the catwalk towards Jim. "Or the ones who nuked an unsuspecting fleet during a naval review?"

He comes to a clumsy landing futher away from McAlpin than he intends and stumbles a bit. "You think Earth has the monopoly on murderous madmen? Obviously, you've never heard of the Zabis. You colonists need Earth. If it wasn't there, you'd have no one to blindside and backstab and blame for your problems except for each other. Just imagine how your world would crumble when you realized that you hate each other as much as everyone else.

"No one's going to try to stop you from leaving. In fact, keep talking like you are and I think I could find enough guys to help you jump ship right now."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Psyden

With a click, her faceplate is sealed and she responds.

“Ya, ya… Just had a power surge that flipped the breakers. My suit took a real pounding out there, but I think I’ll be fine as soon as I land.”

As Celeste nears the ship, she radios her intension to the bridge.

“This is Celeste Angelina coming in for an Emergency Landing on the Port Catapult. Repeat, this is Celeste Angelina coming in for an Emergency Landing on the Port Catapult.”

When Celeste draws still closer to the catapult, her cockpit is rattled by a heavy vibration. Those observing her would see the source of the shaking, a small explosion from within the wounded section of Celeste’s Rick Dias.

To Celeste’s surprise and obvious fright, the Rick Dias leaps forward as the engines kick in at full throttle, hurtling the red suit towards turquoise battleship.

Celeste wrestles with the near non-responsive controls to avoid slamming headlong into the deck, an endeavor which she is only partially successful in. Her suits left shoulder collides with -and is sheered off by- the catapult deck as she flies by. The impact causes the already beaten and battered unit to spin violently, the G forces causing Celeste to blackout nearly instantaneously.

Seemingly with Providence’s help, the impact is severe enough to trigger a fail-safe within the ultra-compact fusion generator, shutting it down and turning off all of the thrusters.

Celeste’s Rick Dias, one of the mosr powerful mass production war machines built to-date is left broken and spinning ahead of the fleet in a manner similar to the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

(OOC: Now, don’t worry, this isn’t a plot to kill Celeste off. There are 3 pilots out near the Dervish that I am certain of. Certainly, one of them wants to play ‘Knight in Shining Armor’. I’ll need to go back and reread some older posts before I post for Pendragon, but I should be able to have something for him by tomorrow or the day after. Now, I need to go register for some classes.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
wonton bob

- Ready Room -

Bernard returns to join Michiko after getting up from his seat for a brief minute. He brings bottled water and energy bars for both of them from one of the vending machines in the room. Some sort of action was needed to break the awkward silence. The feeling was reminiscent of Bernard's first and last date right before shipping out with the Earth attack force. It went south right after they met.

"Here, I'm afraid it's all that's left. We should eat up while waiting for the show to start. I wonder how they'll spin this or if there will be any sort of debriefing at all." Bernard places the goodies near Sato. As he takes a seat he feels the awkwardness return.

"Look, I'm a little inept at dealing with people, especially the young. Most of you guys got heads so big, I wonder how the helmet fits. Now, maybe that's a good thing..anything to keep us from going down that dark road again and ending up here.." Bernard realizing he's babbling takes a another drink finishing up the liquor and sends the bottle floating away. Then as if touched by the Gods of clarity, Bernard's eyes light up.

"I hope we stop by a colony or sumthing..I just lost all my stuff!"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great