Episode 14 - Disaster in Hatte

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outer Shoal -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Freeing Mr. Heyden turned out to be one of the simpler exercises Sager had to deal with during the battle. As soon as MacAlpin’s Dias was inside the ship, the Chief relayed an order and soon the whole hangar was fully sealed; the thin atmosphere that had allowed people to go around temporarily exposed was raised to safe levels within ten seconds. With a couple of crew to assist him, he nodded, “Blow it open,”. The safety releases were activated, and after a sickly hiss the main cockpit hatch popped off its mounts revealing the inner door.

Sager knocked on the cockpit before opening it. His features scrunched up when he got a face full of cigarette smoke as a burst of it roiled out, and he waved it away in a coughing fit. “Do you need **koff** medical attention, **hack** JG?” he asked, squinting into the cloud.

- Hallway, Near Ready Room -

As Michiko and Bernard neared the door to the ready room, the younger pilot murmured, "...he saved my life out there and I can't even remember his name... kids... Gela's gun crews... at their posts til the end... in front of my eyes... they were all kids dying out there...". It took Michiko a moment to realize he had been talking about the sickly looking pilot they had passed on their way. She wasn’t sure what to say. As she guided him gently into the ready room, his reaction made her think about her missing home colony. “Well, you’re fine... and we’re safe here...” she said softly, trying to reassure him and herself. It wouldn’t do him any good if she broke down again in the middle of everything. “We should sit down and have something to eat,”.

- Portside Catapult -

Fritz was hardly paying attention to the small window in his HUD that showed Jane from the bridge as his Rick Dias stopped briefly on the only functioning (but blocked) catapult. She was still talking to someone in the background as her face replaced the static. “We’re getting confirmation on those sightings of enemy flares...” she relayed to someone off-screen before turning back to find that she was connected. “Lieutenant Commander, what is your team’s status?” she asked, her tone hinting that she was mildly surprised. At what, Fritz wasn’t sure. He saw Jim land before he had gotten back into his MS, and Michiko was headed off with that Korbel kid... “We’re fine,”. He shut off the connection.

He let his suit slip off the Dervish using the ship’s momentum just as the Zomel was gutted by mega particle fire. With a grunt of approval at the hit, he turned his Dias around and rocketed back in the direction of the fighting that was finally starting to die down. He hoped the Minovsky had thinned enough that he could use his radio to help him find Celeste...
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

--Team 3--
--Wes Curren--

Curren quickly manuvered his Rick Dias so as to dodge the last two shots coming from Stukov. Afterwards, he just snorted in amazment. The ace was running away! Wes narrowed his eyes as he muttered a few curses under his breath in frustration. He couldnt down the annoying bug that was Stukov, and it annoyed him that he couldnt at least snag a Marasai to go along with the HiZack kill from earlier. He could try one last time.

"Ugh, it's worth the shots," Wes says as he took aim and fired 3 more shots at Stukov, in case he was able to pick the man off in the last minute. All the while, he was beginning to pull back towards the Dervish to regroup.

Apprarantly, he had lost track of the battle completely. Slim Jim's Dias was nowhere to be seen, as were the rest of Team 3's trio of Dias. Curren wondered if his unit was the last on the field before he made a full turn and pulled away towards the Irish-class flagship.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
RGM-79 GM

Shin sees the other Marasai teams retreating and he is about to tell Samantha that their forces seem to be retreating but he guesses she saw it sooner than he did and she pushes off his Marasai cuasing his Marasai to move back before he uses his verniers to right himself and then he starts boosting after her Marasai towards the Kirov making sure to avoid the debris on the way. While boosting to the ship he tries to keep an eye on the Marasai behind him to make sure he isn't attacked now that they are leaving. He also deactivates his beamsaber and puts it back into the recharge rack.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Wedge14

Emerging chin first from a venomous cloud of tobbacco and stale air, was Pan Heyden.

The pilot's eyes raced across the hangar quickly scanning his surroundings. His rabid gaze seemingly bypassing Sager Polk like he was invisible, as Pan made note of the few Rick Dias units that had decorated the hangar. Heyden didn't respond to the gagging mechanic until the moment of his complete extraction.

His feet firmly hitting the ground, he grinned. His teeth surprisingly white for a heavy smoker. Besides for a few scrapes on his arm, and a sore shoulder the Lt. Jg was fine.

"I'm not as f*cked as my suit. Built a little tougher then this P.O.S." Heyden glanced back at what used to be his Nemo, then turned back to Sager.

"Who should i report to?"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
wonton bob

-Kirov Hanger-

As soon as Jason's Hizack was reeled in, he was extracted and ready to join in on the battle once again. Looking toward a couple of mechanics he bellowed.

"Gimme another suit! They ain't killed me ye-" *Bonk*

As Jason turned, he was cut short by a clipboard full of paperwork being pressed up against his visor.

"Your CO said you'll handle this. I need it done. Now." A haughty mechanic demanded.

Jason grabbed the clipboard with both hands as if trying to strangle any bit of life it had. With teeth grinding, Jason looked up at the heavens.

"PICARD!!!!!!"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
RGM-79G GM Command

(OOC: Sorry I didn't post sooner. >_<)

Ryo sees Wolf's Marasai launch a signal flare to retreat and boosts after Wolf's and Alexandra's Marasais while keeping an eye on the enemy units so he can fire at them if they attack while Beta team falls back. 'Almost out of energy for the beam rifle anyway so this is good.' He thinks to himself.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Goose

Clute notes the Titans retreat flare as the Marasais fall back into the shoal, and points his beam pistol at Wolf's Marasai as he falls "back" to Jacob's side, avoiding the mass of mega-particles. The pistol comes up, his targeting system ready... and he holds fire.

Both he and Jacob have taken damage, and he really doesn't want to try taking on two Marasais when he doesn't need to... especially as Wolf's Marasai seems to be tuned to higher specs than his Rick Dias Custom.

Jack's eye twitches as Alexandra evades all six shots - I don't believe it, that's one really lucky Titan - and decides that, as she draws her beam saber, that he's going to put her down. He aims and fires off one shot from his beam rifle... as Alexandra moves out of the way, following Wolf, evading his shot by accident.

Jack snarls in fury and open an wideband channel, broadcasting in the clear. "To the Marasai pilot who's running away from me! You are very lucky! But beware, your luck will not last forever!"
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
wonton bob

- The Dervish-
-Ready Room -

Bernard sits down knowing his body needs the nourishment but hunger is the last thing on his mind. Looking away wondering if he had joined up for the right reasons. Bernard balled up his fists to stop his hands from shaking and quickly hides them under the table.

forgot how ugly it can get..how many more nightmares will this battle generate. ah

Bernard pulls out a 26oz bottle of bourbon from his ankle holster. He had swiped it from Barrique's bedside while he was unconscious. It had been a present from Heyden. Bernard places it on the table and slides it toward Michiko who seems to have a calming effect upon Bernard. So much so that he begins to open up about his past without realizing it.

"Here. It'll help you forget. At least for a little while."

Bernard looks directly at Michiko, "So where are you from?...My one regret is not contacting my family right after the War. Of course, my war didn't end til '85. Even then I was too ashamed." Bernard hides his embarrassment with a smile.

"I wonder if they ever think about me. I'd give anything to be back on Mahal right now."
ORegan

Patrick watched as his commander launched off shots at the enemy, and wondered if he should do the same. He wasn't ordered to...so maybe he shouldn't...but the commander did so...so woudn't copying the commander be a good thing? Patrick didn't know. As soon as they got to the battle, the order to retreat was given.

Still following Picard, he asked, "What are my orders, Sir?"
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
King Monkey

Reflexively, Jacob pulls the arm of his Rick Dias up to protect the head of the Mobile Suit. It's a pointless gesture as a shaft from the scattered beam shot from Wolf's Launcher cuts through the edge of the arm like paper, leaving a nice, half circle through the armor but missing the head.

Another lance rips through his suit's left torso, leaving a hole through it that he could float through if he was outside the Rick Dias. A final shock of energy finishes the job of disabling his suit's right leg.

To say that his Rick Dias is "damaged" is a bit of an understatement. Yet again, Jacob Markado has managed to survive despite having his mobile suit completely mangled around him.

Nonetheless, a moment after realizing he's not dead, a fact that comes as a bit of a surprise given the fact that the last thing he saw before clenching his eyes closed was a beam launcher aimed at him, he draws his pistol down and aims it towards the Ace Marasai. The relief he feels when he realizes the enemy is withdrawing is rather un-soldiery, but there, nonetheless. He doesn't fire, as the last thing he wants to do is kick over that particular hornet's nest again.

Apparently, the battle is over, at least this part of it and he drifts closer to Clute to initiate skin talk. "Looks like Team 3 managed to hold them off, again," he says, referencing the fact that they generally get guard duty. "What should we do now, sir?"
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

When Sager arrived with Ian to free the pilot from the pink Nemo, Eckardy and Greydon moved off to return to their Rick Dias. Both were nearly repaired, or rather, as repaired as the Dervish, which was close to optimal but not quite. Eckardy wasn't worried about that, they were heading out and odds of them going into another fight...

He shook his head and popped his helmet off. Eddie rubbed sweat-stuck hair from his forehead and sighed. He wondered what those odds might really be. The Dervish, both before and since it's joining of the 4th Advance, had had mixed luck with things like that. The ship and it's team had pulled several clean missions, few or no losses on their part, and done well. They'd also been a part of a handful of rougher, bad ones, the one that got them into the 4th could have been called a debacle, no doubt about that. This one might be the next, for the unit at the very least, if not the ship too.

Eckardy finished a quick check of the his MSA-099S and nodded. It was fine. He moved over to Ian's similar machine just as the older pilot emerged from his cockpit. "Fine as it can be, for what good it may be."

Eddie nodded and pulled his helmet back on, but didn't seal it. "Good." His tone dropped. "How's Marvin?"

Ian glanced around, rubbing his mouth. "Dark." The word came as a deep sigh. "Very dark. He didn't say much, but that look... And his actions. Hell, he started smoking."

Eckardy was suprised by this. "What?!" His hands slapped for the empty pouch on his belt.

"You left 'em. He found them and lit up." Ian offered with a shrug.

Eckardy muttered a few quick curses. "Alright. I'll talk to him later. Can you go bring him down here, we may need to go back out."

Ian nodded and headed off towards a door that would lead him to the ready room. Eddie shook his head again. Marvin was taking this all hard, and quick. Eddie knew Roy's death wouldn't fully hit him for a while. It prompted him to mutter again. "Crap."

===============================================

- Ready Room -

Marvin sat alone with his thoughts when Michiko Sato, whom Cowboy hardly knew, and another pilot he'd never met, arrived and took another table. They began to talk or chat or something, Cowboy paid no attention to it. After a few minutes, he stood up, collected his stuff, as well as the things Eddie had left like his cigarettes, pulled on his helmet, and walked out the door without a word to the others. Outside, he crushed the cigarette with a gloved hand, and then started off towards the hanger.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outer Shoal -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

While Pan was looking around the hangar, Sager was getting a closer look at the pilot’s unique paint job and extensive damage. "I'm not as f*cked as my suit. Built a little tougher then this P.O.S.,” Heyden grunted, "Who should I report to?". Sager blinked and conceded “I can see that...” before shaking the cobwebs and answering, “I think LtCmdr. Eckardy is still somewhere around here. Or your could go to the bridge... but I’m sure they’re just as busy as we are down here,”. As if on cue, the mechanical commotion around them momentarily increased in intensity.

- Ready Room -

Michiko was surprised when Bernard produced the bottle of liquor and pushed it in her direction. "Here. It'll help you forget. At least for a little while,” he said. He seemed to have calmed down a little. He smiled weakly, "So where are you from?...My one regret is not contacting my family right after the War. Of course, my war didn't end til '85. Even then I was too ashamed... I wonder if they ever think about me. I'd give anything to be back on Mahal right now,”.

So he was a Zeon... Michiko shifted in her seat and waved the bottle away, “Not while I’m on duty...”. She had survived and watched the war as a teenager, and never thought she’d be fighting alongside a Zeon. As a spacenoid, she clearly remembered the huge anti-Zabi sentiment among the survivors of Side 5... “I’m from Side 4,” She said, her voice quieter than before, hoping he wouldn’t remember Loum’s redesignation.

- Bridge -

Wade, intently focused on his work, expected to see the Abbey or one of the other members of the bridge crew when someone laid a hand on his shoulder. When he turned around to acknowledge them, he found a gibbering Maximilian Gates. The captain had left Wilson in command while he briefly stepped off the bridge, and in the time since Wade had turned back to his controls the 4th’s sponsor had awoken from his wordless stupor and floated over to apologize profusely. “I’m sorry... I’m so sorry,” he repeated over and over, grabbing the helmsman’s arm. His gaze was that of a man who had gone over the edge. “Wha?” Wade muttered, completely unprepared. He tried to shake Gates off but the man wouldn’t release his grip.

“Damn it...” Wade grunted, resisting his pull as he tried to keep the ship on course. He called for help, “Jungst... Damn it, let go! Filmore! Somebody pull this loony off me so I can steer the ship,”. The other crew of the bridge had been going about their business at stations that faced away from the helm, and they were startled at the outburst. “It’s my fault,” Gates plead as Jungst pried him off the helmsman.

“What the hell is going on?” Abbey asked as he re-entered the bridge. “He’s lost it, sir. Won’t stop apologizing,” Jungst explained. He found himself the new focus of the sponsor’s clutches as Wade said without turning around, “He grabbed me and wouldn’t let go,”. Abbey’s balled his hands into fists. “Get him out of here. Lock him up if he won’t calm down,” he ordered.

The captain’s hopes sank as Maximilian was lead out of the bridge. “Oh, God... there goes our one big shot at lessening the blow for this sh*t-storm...”

- Fritz -

The only reason he had an idea where Celeste was was that the fighting had died down a lot since he had landed. Without the huge volume of fire going on that had lit up space before, he immediately noticed a short burst of beam fire and a sickly thruster glow in a nearby part of the shoal. Even if it was her, he knew she probably couldn’t hear him at this range due to Minovsky and the debris. Nevertheless, he called out, “Celeste... Ltjg. Angelina, do you read me? Celeste, can you hear me?”. He picked up speed and continued to dodge chunks of debris as he moved in the direction of the lights.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Heyden quickly ran his finger across his nose and sniffed. Giving the mechanic a nod.

That eckardy guy was the clown who picked him up. Why waste his time with the small fries when all he would do is report to the captain. Heyden would just do it himself.

The pilot somehow in a mary sue moment knew exactly how to get to the bridge from the hangar. (i.e. He followed the arrows. read the directory asked someone. It doesn't really matter how he figured it out. He just did)

The Pink nemo pilot was going down the last hall before he saw some suit and a rather stoic looking guy locked at the arms coming his way.

Heyden smirked.

"I don't think this is an appropriate time for you two lovebirds to go pound out a 'quickie'"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Combat Bridge -

"What are our mobile suits doing?" demanded the Commodore upon receiving notification that Echo's mobile suits were undergoing a general withdrawal, "We still have the upper hand here. Why are our mobile suits falling back without finishing the job?"

"Sir," piped up Sergei, "It appears Beta Team was the first to retreat. They were the biggest team actively engaging the enemy, so it appears their withdrawal forced the other suit teams into a bind."

The Commodore slammed his fist into the armrest. Beta Team!? That was the team his own son led! What had driven him to retreat when the enemy was cornered?

"When the mobile suits return, I will see Lieutenant Commander Ritter personally," he intoned coldly.

- Corridor -

Nick's rather candid response was a little unsettling. Trent wasn't exactly the type to be so open, not after the life he'd lived. Not wanting the conversation to spiral into anything weird, Trent responded, "You're not launching, not to go get yourself killed for nothing. Something better can come of this, but it'll have to come later. For now, just go to your team's ready room and wait it out for now."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
wonton bob

-Ready Room-

... “I’m from Side 4,”

now was that before or after the war..or is it even the Side I think it was..I've been so outta the loop I wouldn't know if Sides were added..

Bernard grabs the bottle back. "Good. more for me."

so she's a stickler for the rules. Can't say I wasn't the same at her age..just took me a long time to realize...

Bernard takes a long hard look at the bottle before finally taking a drink. A look of disappointment falls on Bernard as he puts the bottle down.

"Sorry 'bout the rant back there..been a long time since so many people died around me all at once. Some things you just can't get accustomed to."

Bernard looks at Michiko and notices that something about her has suddenly changed. There is an uneasiness about her as if she was uncomfortable sitting next to him. But all that compassion fades away as he takes another drink.

"Heh, promised myself I wouldn't touch the stuff. Only a few months ago I was sleeping in alleys of Amman. But the way things are headed and from what I heard this Fleet just been running throughout the war. Just gotta enjoy life while you can." Bernard pushes the bottle toward Michiko one more time.

...I'm just so tired of running and hiding...so tired..
Cybaster

Alexandria-class Kirov, Flight Hanger

"Looks like you took a face full of buckshot point-blank, man," Was all the Chief Mechanic said as, floating with Gilliarme inside the Kirov's now-hurried Hanger Bay, he appraised what was 'left' of his Marasai with a look of disdain and winced, painful-looking eyes. The Marasai was just being slid into a corner of the deck. "I didn't think those Rick Diases could fire them like that. Always thought doing that'd blow the barrel wide open on those shotguns of theirs."

"Well, they could," Gilliarme nodded in agreement. He wasn't about to argue the semantics about it. "These Marasais are sturdy, but they're not invincible. Can it be fixed?"

The Chief Mechanic frowned and turned around to face Gil with the good ol' roll of the eyes that signified annoyance, which really wasn't that far off. The mechanic could see that Gil was dedicated, but... "I'll be blunt, Lieutenant. I don't even know if it can be salvaged after all that damage, much less repaired. Even if I could do anything, it's not going to be done anytime soon." To accentuate his point, the mechanic added a callous shrug. "I'm afraid you're pretty much grounded, Lieutenant."

I was afraid he'd say that, Gilliarme frowned inwardly in resignation, and his feet touched the deck floor. "No other spare suits? Are you sure about that?"

"Guaran-f***ing-teed."

I was really afraid he'd say that. With that resigned thought, Gilliarme absently turned towards the Hanger Bay doors and the space beyond it. Somewhere beyond it was Delta Team, and Sam and Shin, and here Gilliarme was, grounded. "My wingmen are still out there, though," Gilliarme continued aloud, narrowing his eyes. "I can't stay here if they're still out there fighting. Are you sure you can't spare another Mobile Suit? What about Diotrephes' Marasai?"

"I'm sorry, sir, my hands are tied on this. That Marasai's being locked down for evidence---"

As Gilliarme next turned sharply back and glared at the Chief Mechanic, his look was one of frustration. "With all due respect, monsieur, do I look like that matters to me at the moment? As long as it can move and fire a Beam Rifle---"

Being frustrated was, however, a bad idea, and the moment he did, the wound he sustained caught up with him. Gilliarme was cut short as cutting pain shot into his shoulder, forcing him to wince, purse his lips reactively and hurriedly press his right hand against the bandage there. "---And there's that, too," The Chief Mechanic added as two junior mechanics had noticed Gilliarme's wince of pain and had floated over quickly to catch him by both upper arms. "I think you had better checked into the infirmary instead, sir---"

"---I'll be fine! You don't have to---" Gilliarme retorted sharply and began to try to shake the two other mechanics off of him, but the Chief Mechanic's glare was adamant.

"Don't have to what? Treat you as an invalid, sir? With all due respect, from the looks of things if you don't check with the infirmary soon you might just end up being that. C'mon, sir. I know what you're thinking, but it's time to be sensible about this."

"I said I'll be..." Gilliarme began, but at that point another pang of pain emerged, and Gilliarme was silenced. Combined with the scrutinizing glare of the Chief Mechanic, Gilliarme realized that it was pretty much time to admit that he had been defeated. "...Y-you're right. Very well, I'll do that, then. Let go of me, s'il vous plait, I'll---"

The Chief Mechanic's scrutinizing gaze turned into a devious grin. "Oh, no you don't. One of you escort the Lieutenant to the infirmary; the other one, get back to work." That said, he gestured with a backwards thumb towards the corridors, and the mechanic to Gil's left let go and floated away towards another Mobile Suit. Gilliarme frowned, shaking his head.

"You didn't need to do that. I'm a man of my word."

"No doubt, but I'm not taking chances," The Chief Mechanic simply answered with a smirk, and dismissed Gilliarme with a wave of his hand. "---Too many hotshot cadets already thinking they're some Amuro Ray or Yuu Kajima and trying to pull a fast one on me." Not about to argue, Gilliarme simply shook his head again as he and the other junior mechanic floated past him, towards the corridors, and headed for the Kirov's infirmary.
Last edited by Cybaster on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Cardi Doorl

- Delta Team -

Sam cam within range of the Kirov. She didn't particularly care that she was ahead of the general pack, as it were.

But then again...

"Shin," she uttered flatly, "Go ahead and land ahead of me."

- Alpha Team -

Stukov didn't even notice that he'd been absentmindedly gnawing on his left pinky until he came within communications range of the Kirov. Delta Team was ahead of him, and that was perfect. Stukov insisted on being the last one out of the battlefield anyway.

Now, what bothered him was Wolf's sudden choice to retreat, especially when the enemy was cornered. That, as far as Stukov could tell, wasn't like Beta Team's leader at all.

Leandro's battered Hizack Custom drifted in some time later.

"Stay here, Leandro," murmured Stukov, "We will be the last ones in."

"Understood," was Leandro's cold reply.

- Hades Team -

Picard snorted in response to Patrick's inquiry for orders. "We're pulling back. Those idiots from the Kirov's teams wussed out, and now we're paying for it."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outer Shoal -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Pan Heyden floated out of the hangar with a sniff and a nod, leaving Sager and his crew with a totaled, brightly colored war machine. The Chief directed a couple of his overworked men to secure the Nemo and get it out of the way before he spied MacAlpin’s MS newly settled into its rack. Floating over to Jim’s Dias, Sager smiled and said in encouragement, “That’s what I like to see. Bring ‘em back and I can fix ‘em. Can’t do nothing about dead pilots. Do what you can and stay alive,”. He came to rest on the suit’s shoulder and tapped on the cockpit hatch.

- Ready Room -

Korbel grabbed the bottle back and grunted, “Good. More for me,”. He took a swig after a moment that left him looking displeased. He set the drink down and apologized, "Sorry 'bout the rant back there..been a long time since so many people died around me all at once. Some things you just can't get accustomed to,” before looking Michiko over again. He seemed to finally pick up on her discomfort, but shrugged it off and took another drink.

"Heh, promised myself I wouldn't touch the stuff. Only a few months ago I was sleeping in alleys of Amman. But the way things are headed and from what I heard this Fleet has just been running throughout the war. Just gotta enjoy life while you can,” Bernard explained, pushing the bottle back across the table. Michiko understood what he meant; about the running, anyway. She didn’t even have a real home to run back to if things got to be too much for her with the AEUG.

She shook her head at the booze. “I don’t want to get dehydrated,” she declined again, running a hand through her damp hair to put her point across. Michiko had always tried to be friendly with the people she served with, especially J.D. and the others in her EFSF unit back at 27th, but she was finding it difficult to think of something to say to comfort Bernard. Maybe this is what Fritz used to feel like around spacenoids...

- Hallway -

As if Jungst didn’t have enough to deal with, he stepped into the hallway outside the bridge with Gates to find a smirking officer he didn’t recognize. "I don't think this is an appropriate time for you two lovebirds to go pound out a 'quickie'," Heyden quipped. Jungst, noting the man’s rank, simply replied, “Very helpful, sir. Please move if you’re not going to help me haul our gracious benefactor down to sick bay,”.

- Bridge -

After focusing on local voice traffic for so long, Jane nearly missed the faint, garbled message at the edge of her hearing. Mangled by Minovsky and thinned out by the debris surrounding them, it was totally incomprehensible, but her instruments managed to hint that it was coming from outside the shoal and that it appeared to be on one of the few AEUG-only channels. “Captain... sir!” she said, turning towards Abbey who was re-situated in his command seat.

The captain, doubtlessly expecting another nugget of bad news and slowly beginning to show his age from the stress of combat, leaned forward slightly and grunted for her to continue. “Sir, I think there is a friendly unit in the vicinity that is trying to contact us... their signal is too weak at this range, so I can’t make anything out,” she explained, pressing the earpiece closer to her head. “Probably drawn closer because of the lights...” the captain thought out loud as he pondered the possibilities of the latest development.

After a moment he shook his head and waved at Wade to continue. “Nothing we can do for now but get out of this garbage... hopefully you’re right and we’ll run into the Radish on our way out,” he smiled weakly.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ascension

Jim tried to blink his world into focus with only partial success.

"Wha...?" he mumbled, his brain in a haze.

Slowly the memories of how he got where he was came back to him. There was a fight... a fist fight... and then there was an angel... another fight... this time he was in his Dias... and he actually won for a change! And then... then he lost again... an... arm? Yes, it was an arm... and then he ran away... and he landed on the ship... and then everything got fuzzy... and then... well, then he came to... still in his cockpit.

"What?" he indignantly exclaimed, "I passed out in the cockpit and they just forgot about me? They just left me in here? These guys are ALL out to get me! It's 'cause I'm from Side 3, isn't it? You're all a bunch of prejudiced bastards! You hear that?!? You're all a bunch of bastards!"

Suddenly a giant fist loomed large on his panoramic screen as a mechanic knocked on his monoeye. He heard a faint voice from outside the cockpit.

"Hey chief, the yelling thing works a lot better if you've got your external speakers on! Or at least the radio or somethin', dude! You're just wasting your breath at the moment."

Jim angrily punched the button to open the cockpit hatch and emerged from the Dias's head in a rage.

"You! You knew I was in there! You've been waiting this whole time for me to wake up just to taunt me, haven't you?!? Why I oughta..."

"Hey, chill bro! I didn't mean nothin' by it! I just didn't want to disturb your sleep is all!"

"Why if I wasn't so sore I'd beat the tar outta ya fer that!"

"Oh, like you beat those guys from Eckardy's team?"

"THAT'S IT! You'd better start runnin' now, boy!"

"I'm too pretty to die!" the mechanic squealed in mock fear, pushing off of the Dias's head and floating across the hangar.

"Wrong move, buster! Space is my element! The void is my home! You can't hope to outmaneuver me in zero g!"

"Good thing this is just microgravity then!" the mechanic said with a grin, pulling out one of those things I can never remember the name of that we occasionally see people using in Gundam and shooting a line to the side wall. "See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!"

"I haven't heard that taunt used since elementary school! Can't you even taunt creatively?!?" Jim raged ineffectually. Floating through the very center of the hangar without a single thing to push off of, without any sort of line, he was pretty much stuck waiting until the inertia from his initial push carried him to the far wall. In a hangar the size of the Dervish's, that could take a while.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Psyden

Celeste is making good time towards the Dervish, or at least good enough time to make it without getting left behind.

Thunk-thuck

“What was that?”

She calls of the tell-tales to find the obvious, red indicators indicating the holes burned through her suit by beam weapons, along with several surrounding areas in yellow indicating non-critical damage.

Thunk-Thunk-Clang-Boom

The entire cockpit goes dark following the sound of breakers tripping. Celeste pauses for a moment before going straight for the flashlight on her utility belt.

With a click, a circle of blue-white light appears on the monitor above her.

“There we go.”

Celeste undoes her restraints and swings out and around to the back of her seat and opens the panel to expose the cockpit’s electrical systems. Looking at the complex circuitry, she sighs.

“Things where soo much easier on the old GM models…”

She opens the visor of her helmet and puts the well chewed rubber butt of the flashlight into her mouth before quickly inspecting the boards for serge damage.

“None? Good.”

She slides the last circuit board into place, takes the flashlight out of her mouth and begins flipping the various breakers.

“…Ok, control panel, good. Monitors, check. Projectors, check. Secondary cameras, check. Primaries, che-”
Celeste flips the breaker for the Primary camera feed, only for it to flip itself back to the middle.

“S***”

She closes the breaker and flips it open again, only to have it trip again.

“Come on, damn it! You’ve had enough time to cool down!”

Again, she resets the breaker and opens it, and again it trips.

“F*** it, I still have the Secondaries.”

When she gets back to her seat and straps in, she is greeted by the image of her tell-tales being projected onto the still dark screens. All the previously yellow areas are now the burning red marking critical damage, and more of the surrounding healthy green areas have turned yellow.

“Damn it to Hell!”

Celeste manually switches the video feed from the Primaries to the Secondaries and yells “****” as she slams on the controls to narrowly avoid running head-long into a corner of colony window. The big red machine spins around the debris like a quarterback dodging a tackler. Before she can breeze a sigh of relief, she notices that the yellow area has spread. The Dervish isn’t too much further. Rick Dias are built tough. It’ll get her back to the ship.

(OOC: I will likely post again tomorrow regarding her landing. Fritz, the Lt.Cmdr.’s message fell in the time period when her suit was blacked out. Didn’t know how to add it in there and have it sound right. Now, I am going to go to sleep because I am have to rewrite just about every word due to typos.)

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?