Going to Iraq EDIT FOR 2010! In KUWAIT!!!!!!

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
dreacon

ORegan wrote:
dreacon wrote:as stated, i plan on coming back here alive, with no "Lead weight"
besides, I made a promise to someone that i'd come back, and if i didn't keep that promise, she'd kill me.
Yeah, if you don't come back she'll never speak to you again :P

all jokes aside, my cousin is a marine and is in Iraq too, so I want him, you, and everyone else that kicks ass in our military(I.e. everyone) to come back. This doesn't only apply to Americans only, but to the other countries with boys and gals over there.

Good luck and keep safe, we need you to help us take over the world, so I'll be sending you a Dessert Zaku. :)
oh, but i already packed my Not a Zaku, Not a Zaku!!
well i supose i will need a spare machine for parts at any rate,

Thank again :D
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Zeonic Glory

Good Luck. Stay Safe. Come Back. Keep your nose clean. May your aim be true. Glory to Zeo- I mean, the U.S. Army. Try not to let the heat get to you. To ensure safety, I'll give you something better than a Desert Zaku-

RANDOM VOICE: Better than a Desert Zaku?!?!?!? Heresy!!!!!!

You will recieve a Dwadge Kai (nothing like a Desert Dom). *Note Shipping may take 12-52 weeks. May be damaged. Assembly Required. No Refunds. Call the number at the bottom of the TV screen to purchase additional euipment, weapons, and an extended warranty. Thank you for shopping from the Pezun Engineering Corps :P .
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
dreacon

WHOOO
got back after 2 weeks of training, any how learned a bit more.

I'll be going to Camp Victory bahgdad, the HQ of the joint forces.
doing op security my platoon= Guard duty!
and although it will be $55 a month i will maintain intra Web conectivity.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
V2

live.
Kishiria

dreacon wrote:WHOOO
got back after 2 weeks of training, any how learned a bit more.

I'll be going to Camp Victory bahgdad, the HQ of the joint forces.
doing op security my platoon= Guard duty!
and although it will be $55 a month i will maintain intra Web conectivity.
You'll be fine. Camp Victory was where HDS spent his first deployment. He had decent internet access. His current internet access blows, and he still pays $55/month for it.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Tafumi

Camp Victory has a decent internet system. At least, it did a year or so ago when I went there. Of course, I was only there for a few days working on that DoD side of the network before going back to my cubby hole in Qattar.

It's about as good as you'll get in that neck of the woods.

The only advice I can give as a random stranger is try not to let it get too routine. When they days start blurring together, you start to kind of loose it. A lot of guys I know went a little loopy while of there. Myself included though I was able to recover.
dreacon

Hey, incase anyone was wondering, i'm still alive!

I'm in camp shelby, i'll hit kuwait in about a month.

any ways, mission overhaul,

I'll be in talil (SP) LSA Adder, doing convoy Sec..
ASP Driver, team 4, 1st platoon, B- co 217th BSB
ShadowCell

Good to hear you're still in the same number of pieces you were in when you left.
teslashark

be back before get hit !8)
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
LaBambaMan

May sound a little late, but good luck to you *salutes* I may not support war, but I honor any man willing to die to protect those he loves. Come back alive buddy. And if you run intoa Jeff Akein(I think that's how you spell his last name) tell him to be careful. Hail Zeon.

-Spencer
"Because frankly you're thinking entirely too hard about the physics behind giant flying robots." - Homeless
dreacon

Well i made it to kuwait, where i will be for at least 20 days.
Its a little hot but that aside its not too bad.
Albireo_818

WOOT!

Not far to go until Baghdad.
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
Lans

I don't know you mate, but good luck in there.
dreacon

a, the intra web, how i have missed thee,

well i'm in Iraq now, just out side Nasarya, i think thats how its spelled, i dont have a lot of time to talk but, as it would happen its easy to buy anime here, how ever i am a little more than a little worried, i saw a G-Gundam Box set w/ a picture of the Freedom on the cover.
a scant $30 price tag on most of them.
Wingnut

dreacon wrote:a, the intra web, how i have missed thee,

well i'm in Iraq now, just out side Nasarya, i think thats how its spelled, i dont have a lot of time to talk but, as it would happen its easy to buy anime here, how ever i am a little more than a little worried, i saw a G-Gundam Box set w/ a picture of the Freedom on the cover.
a scant $30 price tag on most of them.
We've seen covers like that before. Bootleg central there. IIRC, the Strike has shown up on a supposed box set for Victory Gundam as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
dreacon

well as i'm sure some of you notice, i've been online more often, no i havent jumped ship, I'm just paying out the teeth for the inter web thingy.

Things have been oin more than smoothly i've already knocked out close to 4 months.

the worst thats happen so far was that i got "Diddled" an i'm not even sure thats bad.
i got it for paying for a free fan sub.
oddly enough i got the best job o the post IE: i run a gravel pit between the hours of when ever the hell i show up untill i feel like leaving an even then i just sit in an office all ay playing Zoids legacy. my blitz Tiger is almost unstoppable!

then i come home to my 8 x8 living space an watch Robotech (Death to minmei!)

but in all this i do have one problem

I need gunpla. i need it baaaaad.
Rei Murasame

I'm a serious latecomer to this thread, but I also want to say that I hope you get out of there alive.

I think that this war was not actually a good move, and I would hope that next time around you'll be more fortunate. US Soldiers must be having a difficult time dealing with all this, as I know the British ones are.
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
goufx

sry for posting this way late, but if you get a chance to read this..

good luck, i am in civil air patrol, and my dream is to be a paratrooper. so all i have to say is good luck, god speed, keep your head down, and even if you are in teh military, don't be afraid to question orders if you do not understand. it is the basis of good followership, and, if you are going to be in command, answer the questions, explain to the your subordinates. finally, there may be certain times you may think something your that is happening is wrong, stand up for it and voice it. it may get you in trouble, but it is your duty as a follower. more importantly SIR, is come back alive, and bring as many home with you as possible. and as i said earlier, good luck and god speed.

oh, and i agree with ya, minmei should just die already, I HATE HER! but, in all honesty, she is not as bad as dana sterling in masters, trust me.
J-Lead

"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
RedBlitz

Keep on going Dre, I dont know how much time you have to go, but dont give up and work hard!! Or slack off if you have the chance... :lol:

May victory be yours!!! Same goes to your Liger!! lol
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei