Josh's Old Franken Thread

The place to share your artwork.
Josh

Josh's Old Franken Thread

Last edited by Josh on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 51 times in total.
Draco Starcloud

They're all excellent suits. I like the G-Prototype with its rifle and shield especially.

Your Vayeate Custom also gives me some ideas for a Custom I have planned.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Anonymous

Loving the Wildgeese

my favorite suit of all time the Tallgeese upgraded to the highest level good design
Josh

New Suit + pilot

UEF-EXGMS001+ "Gundam - Leon Reneaux Use"

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1104/lrgundam1xu.jpg

Leon Reneaux

Old Character I created a long time ago, but I guess I finally have a use for him.

I might just be writing my own little Gundam story for these suits and characters I'm creating. Anyone who'd like to help me with ideas for new suits and characters (possibly a the plot for this story too) are welcome to message me privatley.
Josh

Grunt suit for the story I've been thinking up.

UEF-MS020/NSR-1 - Robinson (Rob as a common nickname)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9946/robinson4ci.gif

If anyone would like to help me with some tech specs for my suits it'd be nice. PM me and we'll try to work some things out. (I know nothing about MS specs so you'd pretty much only have a idea of what I want each suit to be like)
Ascension

I like the design of the Robinson there... It has a nice feel for a grunt suit. For some reason I can't recognize any of its components, though... I'm usually pretty good at that...

I definitely like the Robinson.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Anonymous

Love the Rob, i actually started one almost just like that a while back except i keep the OZ-07MS's shoulder cannons and the OZ-09MMS's shoulders and fins, i was going to make it a paratrooper grunt that had some transforming abilities for better aerodynamics and so more could be stored in a plane. You dont mind if i do some more work on mine using the areas you did better than me do you?
Draco Starcloud

Looks like it's meant to be a cheap-yet-capable grunt. I may swipe the color scheme too.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
EZero8

These mobile suits look nice. The Rob looks like a reasonable grunt, easy to produce while also being most capable for its job. Your different Gundams look cool too. I like the "Gundam Leon Reneaux Use" and the "G-Prototype" best. Good job!
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Josh

Fesmire wrote:Love the Rob, i actually started one almost just like that a while back except i keep the OZ-07MS's shoulder cannons and the OZ-09MMS's shoulders and fins, i was going to make it a paratrooper grunt that had some transforming abilities for better aerodynamics and so more could be stored in a plane. You dont mind if i do some more work on mine using the areas you did better than me do you?
Of course I don't mind, Go right ahead. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

To everyone else, thanks for the comments. I'm already hard at work on my next suit. Also revamping the idea for the story. I'm thinking of changing the story around and make the "Leon Reneaux use" Gundam an outdate sort of relic that helped win a previous war. The Robinson becoming what the lack of need for newer mobile suit technology and something meant to be a worker suit for colonies. This new mobile suit will probably be a Gundam, the true Gundam I want to start out with in this story.
Ryujin

That Robinson's a neat, utilitarian design which would fit in well with other Patlabor mecha. Nice work! Are those objects on the forearms some sort of beam weapon?
Josh

Ryujin wrote:That Robinson's a neat, utilitarian design which would fit in well with other Patlabor mecha. Nice work! Are those objects on the forearms some sort of beam weapon?
No they're just cameras. I was thinking they could be used as a scope for weapons it can use. Or possibly used for covert operations where the suit will have to stay hidden and it can just use its arm to peek over something. Thanks, I wasn't going for a Patlabor feel at first but I certainly noticed it during the final touches.

EDIT: Here's a preview of my next suit. I won't say much other than it still has a lot of work yet to be done to it (as you can probably tell).

Linky, warning: contains the a little profanity just incase you may give a damn
tofu-speed

Pretty nice frankens but I found the wildgeese pretty funny looking because they don't seem to compliment each other too well. I liked your vayeate custom quite a bit though. Keep up the good work
Josh

new suit!

Sorry I keep holding off on making weapons. I just had to make up for the dissapointment that was my LR-Gundam. It was a real hard time making this suit, I had to start over 3 times before I finally got this. (note: I now know that the G-Savior is probably the most useless thing to try to create suits with.)

So I changed my story to make it so the previous Gundam I made was the first real Gundam used in a previous war around 40 years ago. (still trying to decide on a lot of things) and the basic idea is a new war starts, and this thing happens to show up ready to be stolen and used against its makers blah blah blah.

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6126 ... ne1gz7.gif

Right now I'm calling it Re-Gundam [Eins]. The "Re" being part of the project the gundam and its soon-to-come recolors and mods come from (Re-Birth, the recreation of the amazing mobile suit "Gundam" that helped the antagonists in the story win the previous war) the "[Eins]" is just the nickname for it, being the first suit in the line. (eine is German for "one" for those who don't know).

I will be making a recolor of this suit for my main character too. These colors are just the test colors it's painted in when the protagonists first nab it.

Sorry for copy-pasting this post directly from the post I made on Gundam-Plus, for anyone that may go there and already seen it. At the moment I write this I'm very tired. :/
Last edited by Josh on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turinu

I like the simplistic yet sleek look to that suit. The only thing I may have against it is its head. Just doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the body.
tofu-speed

I like the sleek design of it.
Josh

Shori wrote:I like the simplistic yet sleek look to that suit. The only thing I may have against it is its head. Just doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the body.
Yes the head was very quickly put together. I'll try to change it or redo it soon. I really didn't want it to end up looking like your common Gundam head.

Great, sleek and simple was exactly what I was going for. Thanks.
Cardi Doorl

A note: "Eine" isn't German for "one" - that's an indefinite article that's better translated as "a" or "an". It's sometimes translated as "one", but not in the same sense as the number (1).

"Eins" is German for the numerical "one".

Just something I noticed in your Re-Gundam[Eine].
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Josh

Cardi Doorl wrote:A note: "Eine" isn't German for "one" - that's an indefinite article that's better translated as "a" or "an". It's sometimes translated as "one", but not in the same sense as the number (1).

"Eins" is German for the numerical "one".

Just something I noticed in your Re-Gundam[Eine].
Stupid me, I suppose that's what I get for using a free translating tool over the net to get the german word for one. Thanks for pointing this out and I will change it.
Bezerker

that is a pretty smoothly designed gundam, almost as smooth as the Zeonesc suits i have seen
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!