Episode 14 - Disaster in Hatte

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 14 - Disaster in Hatte

((OOC: Anyone who absolutely needs to wrap up something in the old threads, please do, but ASAP. Otherwise, everyone continue here.))

~ A Few Hours Later ~
- Outside Side 2 Shoal Zone -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

The 4th had entered L4 without incident and was rapidly approaching what remained of Hatte province, still in a staggered pursuit formation. “Mr. Wilson, bring us to a full stop. Jane, relay that order to the fleet,” Capt. Abbey ordered as he turned away from the main viewport to return to his chair. Gates had returned to his spot earlier and was sitting in silence for a change, his arms folded as if to say he was unimpressed with the world. “I hope you’re satisfied, because I’m entirely fed up with this pursuit,” the captain grumbled as he sat down. “Ms. Alman, prepare to order the fleet to set course for Lunar orbit. I’ve had enough of flying out this far deaf and dumb. We haven’t heard from the Argama in hours,”.

Gates grunted indignantly and said, “Sounds to me like you’re looking for the earliest excuse to turn around and leave,”. Abbey turned to him and his eyes narrowed. “Yes. Yes I am,” he said matter-of-factly. Gates leaned closer and lowered his voice to an accusing tone, “Damn it, Carl, don’t get cute with me. If you set a dead-end course deliberately, then so help me...“. Abbey’s jaw set and he turned his head so his vision was locked on the main viewport. “That isn’t the case, sir, and you know it. I don’t know what you expect me to do in this situation; we haven’t heard from any other AEUG forces since we were on Luna.”

The sponsor settled back in his seat and went back into silent brooding, but not before retorting, “Captain, I want you to at least search the outer debris field before we turn tail and run back to Von Braun,”. Abbey’s grip on his armrests tightened, and he managed to respond with a monotone, “Yes, sir,”.

- The Gela -
- Hangar -

“Well, damn, Chief. I can’t believe you brought us our present personally,” Myron chuckled as soon as the louder equipment fell silent. “Yeah, I got clearance since the fleet was slowing down. It’s nice to see I can still move one of these things without breaking anything or hurting anybody,” Sager said as he floated out of the cockpit of the Gela’s newly delivered ‘field modification’. “We didn’t know what the hell to think when this thing stumbled out of the Dervish, Chief. You managed to use Lt. Barrique’s Nemo to make this?” one of the mechanics called out as he moved to settle the mobile suit into place so the crew could look it over and run systems checks.

“Yeah, and that Hizack somebody on the New Yark plunked. I guess you can tell that part,” he answered, smiling. The hybrid mobile suit, a ‘HiNemo’ as Sager had christened it, was an impressive looking piece of mechanical battlefield ingenuity. One of the techs back on the Dervish had described it well, saying it looked like a “Hizack Mk. II or somethin’”, and indeed it did. Painted in Nemo greens, it appeared to be a rough, sturdy Hizack with some sort of upgrades to its midsection and legs. If one were to open the cockpit and mess with the controls, it was obvious it didn’t use the Hizack’s control scheme, power plant, sensors or much else.

“We didn’t have a whole lot of time to test much, but I figure it’ll perform like a Nemo or maybe a little better,” Sager explained as he headed for a clear catwalk. He came to rest and chuckled, “Now who gets the privilege of flying me back to my ship?”.

- Bridge -

“Sir, the hangar is reporting delivery of a new mobile suit?” the radio controller reported, a bit confused. Von Gyuden nodded and replied, “It’s fine. Someone notify Ens. Traubel he has a mobile suit,”. The captain frowned slightly and added, “Any word on why we’re holding position?”. “Nothing beyond the initial order, captain,” came the reply. Von Gyuden blew out some air and commented, “I hope we didn’t bother coming this far out for nothing...”.

- The Dervish -
- Crew Rec Room 4 -

After heading to one of the rec rooms to find out what the ship was doing, Fritz sank into one of the chairs and rested his forehead on his hand. What a relief it was to hear the fleet had stopped moving. Now it looked like they would turn around and head back to Von Braun, and he wouldn’t have to carry the weight of tricking the captain into pursuit any more.

- Bridge -

Abbey had left his chair yet again to avoid sitting so close to Gates, and he was back at the bridge windows. He had been considering their sponsor’s ‘request’ to search the debris, and finally he squeezed his eyes shut and sighed. He opened his eyes and called out, “Ms. Alman, contact the New Yark, and have Capt. Guanche ready his MS team for deployment as a recon unit,”. Jane leaned back from her station and responded, “Sir, the Gela is establishing contact with us,”. Abbey turned to her and nodded as he moved back to a distance where he could see the main screen without craning his neck.

“Capt. Abbey,” von Gyuden began, his head and shoulders taking up the majority of the large screen, “I don’t want to seem impatient, but what is the fleet going to do, sir? If we’re going to turn around and head back to the moon, then why the wait?”. Abbey shot a look at Gates before clearing his throat and responding calmly, “Yurius, I’m about to send Christopher’s unit into the debris field as a recon team. Once they find nothing out there, we’re going to turn around and head back to Luna,”. Von Gyuden nodded, but he didn’t seem convinced. “Sir, this area of the shoal zone is thin enough for a ship to enter. If you don’t object, sir, I’d like to volunteer the Gela to enter the debris for a more thorough search,” he offered.

Gates chimed in, “There’s a good idea, captain. We seem to be in a dead zone anyway, why not let a ship sweep this outer area?”. Abbey frowned his obvious disapproval, but before he could answer, Jane announced that the Thunderchild had also hailed the Dervish and she was patching Capt. Coates into the conversation.

“Captain. Sir,” Coates nodded to Abbey and Yurius respectively, “I get the feeling the Gela’s skipper has beat me to my question,”. The main screen was split in half vertically, with Coates now occupying the right side. “If you’re interested in our current idle state and were thinking of offering your ship’s services as a scout, then yes, Capt. von Gyuden is ahead of you,” Abbey answered. Coates smiled slightly and said, “All that time serving on his staff made us think alike, it seems. Sir, if the Gela is allowed to scout the area, then I request that the Thunderchild accompany her. If the Titans are here, then it would be better if we traveled together,”.

Abbey lowered his vision for a moment and then looked back up at the screen. “Fine. The Gela and Thunderchild are to stay close enough to the edge of Side 2 for a hasty retreat from L4 if things go south in the debris field. You two stay alert and don’t do anything foolish,”.

Once the connection was closed to both ships, Abbey cursed under his breath and moved to the comm station. “Jane, put the fleet on standby. If those two find anything out there, we have to be able to respond immediately,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

-Chuikov, bridge

Captain Dombrowski glared at the suspicious debris field as if he could drive the Titans out into the open simply by sheer force of will. He was sure they were there, lurking, waiting. As soon as Nathan realized that the enemy fleet's trail led into a shoal zone, he became convinced that the real reason for their sudden retreat from battle back at the moon was to lure the 4th into their territory in order to spring an ambush and annihilate the rebel fleet.

"Red alert! Battlestations!" he ordered.

"But sir!" his first officer protested, "Captain Abbey only ordered the ships to go to standby, not full alert."

"Protest noted, XO... now carry out my order! If you still think I was out of line when the dust settles, feel free to call for a court-martial, but until I am either slain or removed from command I am the captain of this vessel, I and no other."

"A... Aye, sir," the XO reluctantly replied, "All hands to battlestations. Red alert."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Psyden

-Dervish, Bridge

Celeste moves onto the bridge a few seconds before the order for stand-by is given, this time dressed in her AEUG uniform, courtesy of a stop over by her room for a quick shower and change and then for a bite to eat. If she is lucky enough, her pilot suit should be clean by now, too.

But all that becomes insignificant as she stares out the rocky debris field out in front of her.

This definitely isn’t Von Braun. Must have established contact with them before leaving…

“Captain?” At first her voice is questioning, but she quickly regains her composer. “Permission to request where we are?”

Almost as an after thought, she adds on the next bit, "And I have experience navigating Shoal Zones, so hopefully I can be of some assitance."

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
King Monkey

Jacob has managed to eat and get some rest, though only after taking a long shower and pacing in his room for quite some time. Once more he was glad there was gravity on his new ship. Pacing was a little neurotic, but without gravity the only equivalent would have been pushing off from one side of the room to the other and, well...it wasn't called bouncing off the walls for nothing.

He still wasn't sure that he had done anything wrong in the previous battle. He certainly didn't regret going to the Hamburg's aid. Especially since it seemed like no one else was going to. But, he knew that he shouldn't have disobeyed orders. The AEUG weren't the band of disorganized thugs the Titans liked to portray them to be, after all.

Still, he didn't know how he would react if a similar situation came up. He wanted to be a good soldier, to wait for orders and fight alongside his teammates, but he couldn't watch good people die for want of orders either.

His head snaps up as the signal to go on standby sounds. It looks like he might get a chance to find out and make that decision soon. A thoughtful frown still furrows his brow when he gets to the hangar a couple minutes later and changes back into his normal suit.
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Curren's Quarters--

"Standby huh...? Looks like we got ourselves stuck." Wes says, sitting up on his bed. He had been laying there for awhile, neither sleeping nor was he really awake. It was sorta like a nap, but he was aware of what was happening despite lacking a train of thought. Now that he was up, he might as well get ready.

Changing into his pilot suit, he stretches out so that he doesnt feel as stiff. Stiffness... he wouldnt have that problem if he wasnt wrapped up in bandages for those long days back then.

Done changing, and slinging his helmet over his shoulder, he walked over to the hangar. It doesnt seem like they'll be getting a briefing since they were on standby on some random signal.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
jim1899

-The Hamburg-
-Bridge-

Jimmy was standing near to Capt. André Loweno for a time now, just looking at how the people run stuff up here. He had been there for few hours already after wandering around in his room figuring what to do around this ship, he also train in the simulator for a certain times before coming here. He also check on his Nemo and found out everything still going good, he think of the team captain that there lost in the last battle a sad scene for him. Than after all that he here in the Bridge looking out to space while enjoying how people at the bridge doing, specially doing a nice job keeping up on the other ships due to the damage to the Hamburg, he than notice that they are nearing to a stop now and the other ships as well. Jimmy than spoke up to the captain and say “Sir, any commands?”
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Combat Bridge -

All crew aboard the Kirov had been ordered to don normal suits upon entry into the Side 2 shoal. In the hours since Taskforce Echo entered the debris fields, everyone had been on the move, setting everything up for Cmdr. Andrewson Trent's plan. Trent himself never left his command seat as he oversaw all the details. There were the Hizack teams from the Buxoro and Ipswich, returning from their task. With the entire taskforce in an ungodly-thick cloud of Minovsky, they had to signal by blinking their monoeyes.

The rest of the ships in the taskforce had spread out to where Trent had ordered them. They were no doubt in position already, their suit teams on standby. Ltcmdr. Marshall Nguyen was to act in Trent's stead to command the other vessels.

Only the Hades was still within view of the Kirov, as planned.

The only thing bothering Trent for now was how Lt. Tariq Sayed remained present on the bridge at all times, occasionally whispering to Commodore Wolf Ritter XXIV.

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Four launch catapults - enough for each team to have one of its own. With all suits ordered to remain ready for launch, Ltcmdr. Wolf Ritter XXV had his personalized Marasai on the launch catapult. As soon as the launch order came through, he'd be out in space, shortly followed, no doubt, by Lt. Ryo Naka and Ens. Alexandra Engel. The time was coming.

"Father, I still think about it at times."

Mercedes was in Alpha Team.

"We all do, Wolf. It's part of our fate. Those we love, the best of us, will be sacrificed."

That maniac Alexsandr Stukov would command her in battle.

"Remember, son, that I have commanded men since long before the war. I have seen the sacrifices of many men. The brave, the loyal, the promising, some I considered surrogate sons, they were so dear to me. The pain we carry is part of being a Ritter. It reminds us we are not gods, even if we do have a destiny greater than anyone else can truly understand."

Mercedes will do fine on her own. That's how Wolf saw it: she was on her own, even though she was on Alpha Team.

"You lost your brother, and I lost my dear son. You know the pain as well as I do. I see it in your eyes, son. I've told you and your siblings about the pain that comes with our destiny. You've known about it your whole life. Carry it with you, and it will make you stronger. Never forget the beloved dead, and one day, when the destiny of the Ritter clan is fulfilled, then the sacrifices of those who went before, in all the generations that preceded us, will be forever honored. That promising boy Rigney, that loyal war pilot Furrows, and especially our Mstislav."

All Wolf had to worry about was Alexandra. She was getting better, but was still at risk of making rookie mistakes. She needed just a little more time for her potential to come to term.

"The pain we carry is a form of love, my son. One that few of the others can ever truly understand. That is why we always remember everyone who went before us. And when our destiny is fulfilled, then the worthy ones, the loyal ones, the ones who understood what had to be done to fix this world, will stand with us as brothers and sisters and sons and daughters and cousins. And those who turn away, those who deny or betray destiny, will be disposed of like dogs. Traitors always die, my son."

Ryo, too. Ryo was a veteran, but was startlingly timid on the battlefield, from what Wolf had seen. Hopefully that was just a temporary ailment, because aggression would be necessary in this sortie.

"Beta Team, report in."

-

Ens. Samantha Fulton braided her sky-blue hair as she entered her Marasai. As the systems came to life, she snapped her helmet into place.

Another one. Just one more, I guess. This is my life.

- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Lt. Picard "M-Hover" Kamek ran a hand through his pompadour before snapping on his helmet. Ens. Varis Silverwind VII was already present and suited up, but then again that guy seemed to be everywhere and nowhere at once, all while never doing anything notable, memorable, or even much useful.

Picard kicked off the floor to the open hatch of his mobile suit. "Get in your Hizack, Ensign," he called out, "And get it on the launch elevator so it's ready when the time comes. I'll be on the other one."

Jason Drossel and Patrick Miller could damn well wait for the launch catapults to clear. M-Hover intended to be the first one out the door.

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles -
- Combat Bridge -

The Herakles and its mobile suit team would not be among the first to engage the enemy. Hell, if things went a certain direction, it was possible they wouldn't engage the enemy at all. Considering the state the unit was in, Ltcmdr. Isaac Berg, jr., couldn't blame Trent for placing the Herakles in that position.

Ens. Kyle Roberts was, of course, in the executive officer's seat. This battle would prove an interesting learning experience, no doubt.

"Get me the mobile suit team," barked Berg, "Are those two failures on standby yet?"

"I'll find out, sir," called back a bridge crewman, who immediately tried to contact the mobile suit bay. Berg, meanwhile, adjusted the helmet of his normal suit and settled back in his command seat.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Psyden

Constantine is in his fully repaired Hizack, doing one last check of his systems, more out of nervousness and in an effort to keep himself occupied, then anything else, when he is contacted by the bridge.

“Ens. Pendragon, reporting all systems green.”

Where is Ens Lepak...?

The young pilot thinks back again to the added weight around the suit’s waist. Hopefully, those six missiles will prove to be worth their weight in the unlikely event that he is sent into action. But such a thing is unlikely, due to the incompetence of his former CO and XO. Of course, it is only natural that their failure should overshadow the fact that he not only engaged two Nemo, with pilots whom where more experienced than him, but he managed to do so until he was ORDERED to withdraw and only suffering minimum damage. Then there was the ambush which he survived whilst returning to ship with ANOTHER pair of Nemo.

To top it all off, this plan was thrown together and put into motion rather hastily, giving Constantine little time to sleep and none to train either himself or the incompetent left behind…

Even though this assignment is meant to keep the Herakles out of the way, where it, or its seemingly incompetent pilots wouldn’t be able to interfere with the rest of the plan, it does prevent Lepak from keeping himself killed, thus further disgracing Pendragon’s name.

At least this time, someone had actually had the forethought to actually tell him what the Hell’s going on…

Kylern

His first battle aboard the Herakles and just as the Captain had told him they were holding the rear line. Not much there for honor to be gained but really what kind of honor could her get from this position anyways. It was his job to do as he was told and learn as he went. Nothing much but it was enough to make him feel important. Kyle made sure his normal suit was properly fit and what not.

Mentally he prepared himself for what was going to happen during this. He hoped that the Rebels weren't as clever as they were made out to be. If so then they would have a problem, if not then this might help win them the war. The sooner the war was over the less people would have to die and he could go back to Earth.

"Please do not let this be the swan's last song. I refuse to let this be my first and last battle." He said the odd little prayer to himself knowing that everything would work out just fine. They were on the right side so justice was with them. The rebels would pay for the trouble they caused and the threat they posed to Earth. He wanted to see them all burn.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Cybaster

Gilliarme, too, lined up his Marasai onto Delta Team's launch catapult in turn, taking deep, steady breaths to calm his rhythm and restore his focus. After that talk with Shin earlier, Gilliarme and Shin had began implementing Shin's suggestion of trying to 'corner' Samantha in the Mess Hall, making talk of their personal lives beyond the military planning, trying to get Samantha to open up more. Gilliarme couldn't say they were successful; overall, Samantha was still closed to herself (and deliberately making it more difficult), but it wasn't really her fault, Gilliarme supposed.

That miniscule amount of progress he and Shin had made thus far was going to have to do.

Opening a general comm channel, Gilliarme pressed a few more buttons and finished his preflight checks, moving his hands around over his controls to practice combat movements and making himself ready. If the plan worked, great; if not, however, it was still going to be an even fight, and nonetheless he couldn't get careless. "Lieutenant Yamamoto, Ensign Fulton," Gilliarme asked evenly, "How're you holding up?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
The Big Zabowski

"Lieutenant Yamamoto, Ensign Fulton," Gilliarme asked evenly, "How're you holding up?"

Shin was essentially, a flurry of activity in his cockpit. Buttons and switches were being depressed and flipped in rapid succession as he did an abridged version of his preflight checks. Having gotten there just 5 minutes before they were scheduled to launch can be testament to this trying task he had to finish. He was so centered on a flickering console, whapping it several times over to get it to function, that he almost sent Gillarme's communicae in one ear and out the other.

He blinked twice, shook his head, and keyed the microphone on his helmet.

"Sir? All should be fine here. I just have a little glitch in one of my monitors..but tapping it every so often kinda fixes the problem. I'll have the techs check it after the sortie. You got any ideas for us to pull in the field sir, or should we just wing it?"

Shin kept his attention split between the headset in his helmet, and the continually flickering console, which he banged quite hard with his fist...causing it to go out.

"Aw crap.."

He didn't realize that he had his mic still on, and broadcasted it to both Samantha and Gillarme while he went to work rebooting the screen. But, if it didn't work, it wouldn't be much of a problem out there anyway, just more of a nuisance.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room 1 -

"Are we the only team on this ship?" Marvin asked as he and Roy entered Ready Room 1, to find only Eddie and Ian present, playing some card game.

Eddie glanced at them before getting back to the game, taking a card from a pile. "Hey, you're the one stalkin' me, Cowboy." He said, putting down a pair of cards. "And besides, who cares what the other teams do?"

Ian grinned as he dropped three cards, to Eddie's disappointment. "I'm pretty much convinced that MacAlpin kid avoids us, as I've only seen him at briefings. From what I've heard, he's got a pretty f***ed up view of the war."

Roy smiled as he sat down. "And you want to explain it to him?"

Ian drew, and then dropped, a card. "There's enough vets on this ship, we could do that."

Marvin took the last seat at the table as Eddie dropped his hand. "F*** it! I quit!" He banged his head into the table. His helmet, which had been attached to the back of his pilot suit, fell to the floor. "Ian, I swear you're cheating..."

Greydon grinned. "Side 3 rules. You Feddies play it weird." He picked up the cards and shuffled them.

"Anyone up for some poker?" Roy asked and got nods from the other three. Ian gave him the cards, which Roy shuffled some more.

Jane's voice came over the PA informing everyone to go to Standby Alert. It didn't really apply to Team 2, all of whom were already in their pilot suits and fairly close to the hanger. They could be in their MS in under a minute.

Roy began to deal the cards. "Hatte Rules, no more betting, 'kay?". He again got several nods, an emphatic one from the team leader. "So Ed... you and Ms. Alman, huh? You're first.". Ian and Cowboy grinned.

Eckardy, however, grimaced as he looked at his cards. "It started as a joke of mine but a week or so into our first deployment-Two." He said, tossing away a pair of cards and getting new ones. "Well, it just sorta happened and got serious. F***!" He tossed his entire hand in. "I'm out."

Marvin was next. "One. Eddie, you're weird." He took his new card as Eckardy extended a single finger from each hand. Cowboy Hamilton grinned. "Well, I'm in..." He said, and the game went on.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
wonton bob

- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

As his Hizack's hatch unfurled, Jason noticed Picard and Silverwind's suits creep towards the elevators. A sight which relieves him but also lets him know how inexperienced he is. Before the last encounter, Jason would have killed to be first taking point. A chill ran down his spine as he entered the cockpit and strapped himself in. Something huge was on the horizon, his hands would ache whenever he felt something bad was about to happen.

He shook his head.

damn nerves. can't let it get to me. can't let it affect me like last time.

Repeating to himself, Jason calms down. He is ready for whatever approaches. "Stay focused. Cover my wingman. I am a Titan I have no fear."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“Captain, the Chuikov has gone to red alert. No report of enemy activity.”

Abbey just waved the report away and nodded, “It’s Nathan’s love of preparation, that’s all. Let him be,”.“I’d wager the man would have seen the Three Second Declaration coming from a mile away if he had been in charge out here,” he added, a friendly grumble under his breath. From his right, Celeste’s voice rose over the quiet hum of bridge noise, “Captain? Permission to request where we are? ...And I have experience navigating Shoal Zones, so hopefully I can be of some assistance,”.

The captain smiled and gestured toward the window, “Welcome to Hatte province. The remains of destroyed colonies from Side 2 at L4. The last time the 4th Squadron entered this Side, we had the good fortune of visiting 18th Bunch and adding the brave Hamburg to our little escort fleet. This time, I’m afraid, we won’t be seeing any of the few intact colonies like 13th or 18th Bunch. And that, Ms. Angelina, is why you may be a great asset to us very shortly. I’m quite aware of your propensity for operations inside shoal areas.

Once the Gela and Thunderchild have sent us an ‘all-clear’ from this outer area, I’ll have us briefly enter to sweep again just to make sure nothing will pop up behind us as we turn to leave. I’m hoping we don’t find any trace of the enemy. When the time comes I’ll be more than happy to let you organize our final sweep of the area. Until then, you should stay near the hangar,”.

Near the doorway, Fritz listened to Celeste and the captain; he had left the rec room after deciding inertia wouldn’t get them back to Luna any faster. He cleared his throat and spoke up, “If you’d like, I can escort you there, Celeste. I was just heading for the lifts,”. Maybe this would give him a chance to discuss in private the problems they were wrangling with. He hadn’t seen the reporter since he left the two women on the observation deck hours ago.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

Loweno slowly scanned the debris in front of the 4th as the Hamburg settled into a protected spot near the Dervish. Ens. Davidson, who had been quietly observing the activity on the bridge, finally spoke up, “Sir, any commands?”. The captain frowned at the uncertainty of this “end” to their pursuit and grunted, “Go ahead and get suited up. Make sure your Nemo is ready to go,”.

- Inside The Shoal Zone -

- The Gela -
- Bridge -

The Gela and Thunderchild had easily managed to find a safe way into the outer edge of the shoal area, and they slowed slightly as they reached a denser patch of debris. Capt. von Gyuden leaned forward in his chair and interrupted the ongoing voice traffic from spotting teams to order, “I want the MS team to go ahead and launch. No room for catapult assisted launch; just get out there and move the pieces of debris we can’t avoid,”.

“Sir, the Thunderchild is deploying mobile suits,” came a report from the comm station. “Capt. Coates is a step ahead of me. No need to relay orders to the Thunderchild, I see,” von Gyuden noted, folding his arms. The helmsman called out, “Sir, we’re detecting trace amounts of Minovsky. Nothing on the sensors,”. Von Gyuden straightened his hat and gestured ‘forward’. “Let’s finish this up as quickly as possible.”
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EfreetCustom

Alex walked into the mobile suit bay, now with a new idea of what can happen in war. He looks at his newly repaired Hizack and sees that two missles pods where added to the waist armor, this only gave him a momentary sense of confort.

He got into his MS and booted up the systems, after a few minutes he was contacted from the bridge: "Ens. Lepak, your Hizack systems are all green."

Although the Herakles was ment to stay out of the battle ahead, Alex felt he could not make a fool of himself this time, if the need arises.
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
jim1899

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

The captain frowned at the uncertainty of this “end” to their pursuit and grunted, “Go ahead and get suited up. Make sure your Nemo is ready to go.” With that Jimmy instantly salute to the captain and say “Yes sir, right away sir.” With that Jimmy instantly move away and floated his way to the hanger.

-Hanger-
Jimmy arrive at the hanger and continue to move to the pilot lockers room where all the pilot flight suit are kept. In the room, Jimmy open his locker and look at his suit, he cant remember much of the last battle, maybe due to the death of there team leader and the last battle was really chaotic. After putting on the suit, Jimmy start moving toward to his Nemo, on the way he wave to a technician to ask him to come over, the technician come over and say “Sir, ready for another mission? Anything I can help?” Jimmy look at the technician with a smiling face and say “Ya, ready to go into space once more for the next battle, haven’t heard any direct command to launch yet due maybe to the fact that the enemy haven’t attack yet, anyway the thing I want to ask you to do is have a look around and check for any odd stuff on the exterior of my Nemo, thank.” With that Jimmy open the cockpit hatch and got into the cockpit. In the cockpit Jimmy turn on the computer system, while the system was activating, Jimmy thought of the old team leader of his team and say “Hope I won’t turn out like you, I still got a purpose to live.” Jimmy take out a photo from his pocket and smile “I come back, I promise.” Than Jimmy heard a sound, it mean the system is fully activated, “It seem everything are good to go, and with the data I input early on, guess there won’t be any problem.” Than a beeping sound can be heard from the system, it show someone trying to contact him, he open the com link and it the technician early on, “It all seem to be good out here sir, just we need to fix something for few minutes, we haven’t have time to maintain the mobile suit due to the progress of repairing the ship.” Jimmy say it ok and instantly close the com link and instantly say “O great, something turn up that need to be fix, lucky the technician found out about it, to go into a battlefield, everything have to be in 100%.” With that Jimmy calmly sit at the seat while looking at the computer screen in front of him.
King Monkey

It didn't even occur to Jacob to stop off at the ready room. If he had, he would have seen an entire mobile suit team there playing cards instead of floating around a hangar that was empty of pilots. The technicians and engineers were bustling around making last minute repairs and adjustments to the twelve Rick Diases arrayed there and Jacob had to scoot out of the way a couple times, but he was the only one in there who belonged inside one of the suits.

It was with some relief that he spotted Wes Curren entering the room. They had never spoken and he knew next to nothing about the man, but he did recognize him as another pilot. Pushing off of the arm of a Rick Dias, he floats down to the deck next to Wes.

"Oh good," he says, flashing the man a sheepish smile. "I couldn't believe I was the first one here and thought maybe I had misunderstood the orders. Any idea what we're going to be doing, why we've gone on alert, Sir?"
Psyden

“Sir!”

With a salute, Celeste does an about-face and nods to Fritz the acceptance of his offer.

“Hatte… I have returned. Drawn again by those who’d exterminate us who live amongst the Stars.”

This part is spoken under her breath, not really meaning to be vocalized at all. This place, this very shoal is where she had spent much of the later months of the war, guiding convoys through that ever-changing maze of drifting debris. It is also here where she say her first deployment, not a week after the War began, her first duty to try and pull as many survivors from the broken hulks that were once the epitome of Human Engineering, which became mute testaments to the evil that still lingers in the hearts of Man. But even though those responsible had been destroyed, a new entity has risen in its wake, and unlike the Principality, who guised their slaughter in such terms as ‘Independence,’ the Titans use ‘Order,’ ‘Peace,’ and ‘Justice’ for theirs.

As she goes by Fritz, she looks down and herself before using a toe to turn herself towards him.

“Sir, if you wouldn’t mind, I need to stop by my room to change into my pilot suit. I’m not as daring as some of the more… colorful… aces of the War.”

RGM-79G GM Command

Ryo had just gotten his Marasai ready when he hears Wolf tell Beta team to report in and contacts him, "Lt. Ryo Naka, ready sir." He says before moving his Marasai over to the catapault and watching the other Mobile Suit teams getting ready to go. 'Maybe this time we will beat the AEUG, we should have been doing better but I guess we underestimated their pilots and Mobile Suits. Can't let myself concentrate on this too much though.' He thinks to himself before wating for the order to launch.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Wedge14

Heyden woke up from his nap, things where getting hectic around the ship. He hadn't heard a standby order, or anything like that, but it was better to be safe then sorry.

Quickly pulling on a plain white t-shirt and black pair of pants there was no point putting on the full AEUG garb if he was just gonna take it off in a few minutes to put on a flight suit. He smoothed out his ruffled hair, stepped out of his quarters and grabbed a hold of a gripper. He grinned with an odd bit of pleasure as he went blasting down the hall at the speed of a slow run.

Something caught his eye. Sticking out like a sore thumb was a large pink thing in the hangar. Curiosity peaked, he kicked off the wall with his feet and floated right into the hangar.

His face grew redder then Char's zaku when he saw what had been done to his machine. The Mechanics down below where busy attaching a few final pieces to it. Pan's Nemo was completely decimated. Some sick practical joker had flowered it up. Pink and Yellow?

His lips curled back flashing his teeth, as his face contorted into a sick sadistic smile. Like a missile he sped towards the mechanic who was charged with taking care of all procedures that have to do with his Nemo.

He was there in seconds. Grabbing the Mechanic by the shoulder and spinning him around only to grab him by the cuff of his uniform.

"Whats the bright idea Grease Ape...." He snarled in the mechanic's face.

"You think it's funny taking my perfectly fine suit apart while we're in pursuit. Repainting it these god awful colors is the least of my worries. The pure stupidity of you dumb ass s*** sucking apes risking my life by taking my suit apart."

Pan reached into the mechanics tool belt and pulled out a portable welding torch. He lit it quickly with one hand. He held the flame only about a few inches from the man's face.

"Maybe you're too damn stupid to get it bolt head. But if you scum suckers messed up my Mobile suit by taking it apart and not putting it perfectly back together you'll burn you hear me??" He said inching the torch closer to the mans face.

Pan then suddenly released his grip on the fellows collar only to shove him into the nemo. Taking this time he pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and light it with the torch, he didn't let the mechanic get away either, he quickly grabbed him by the collar again.

"No more of this Horse s*** or we all die? You got that?"

"But the Captain gave it the ok!" the mechanic finally decided to grow some balls and speak up.

"Oohhh... did he now...well i'm gonna have to give him a talking too..." Pan said blowing smoke in the mechanics face, and unigniting the torch.

"You need to wash up kid...you're covered in pant." Pan said giving him one last push into the Nemo.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!