OddlucK's recolors/frankens/et al--Updated 5-12-10

The place to share your artwork.
Wingnut

OddlucK wrote:Char doubles the number of fin-funnels on his Sazabi
Double of none is still none. Regular funnels are a different story.
Still that's not a bad edit. Adding in parts of components behind the suit itself is a very good franken skill to have.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
OddlucK

Wingnut wrote:
OddlucK wrote:Char doubles the number of fin-funnels on his Sazabi
Double of none is still none. Regular funnels are a different story.
Still that's not a bad edit. Adding in parts of components behind the suit itself is a very good franken skill to have.
Heh. Oops. Fixed. :D

I do know the difference. Stupid typing. :)
Nightwing03

Woahhh, how'd you get the Thing on the shoulder to fit inbetween the gap on the shield so well T.T? I Honestly still think that your still up their with EZero8, oh and you know about Gundamofficial images right?
♣♦♠♥
Silent_Knight_Gundam

It looks very nice if you put the shoulder shields on both shoulders and on the both sides of the both legs and replaced the side hip armor with a smaller verson of the shoulder shields, that would kick ass. I would do it but you already have the basic idea and made it awesome.
OddlucK

Thanks, guys! :D
Silent_Knight_Gundam wrote:It looks very nice if you put the shoulder shields on both shoulders and on the both sides of the both legs and replaced the side hip armor with a smaller verson of the shoulder shields, that would kick ass. I would do it but you already have the basic idea and made it awesome.
I initially tried putting the other shoulder shield on the far shoulder, but it required more rebuilding of the part than I'm yet comfortable doing. I also considered putting the left shoulder armor on the left leg skirt, but there's some directional issues that make it look poor. However, the hip armor replacement is a very good idea I hadn't considered. I'm thinking I'll mod the shields on the hips a bit to make them fit nicely (and maybe a bit more propulsion enabling).

I think I'll make this a back-burner project. The ideas I'm having are more elaborate than I'm quite ready to tackle, unless true inspiration strikes some day. Sazabi 1.75, maybe? :lol:
Silent_Knight_Gundam

OddlucK wrote:Thanks, guys! :D
Silent_Knight_Gundam wrote:It looks very nice if you put the shoulder shields on both shoulders and on the both sides of the both legs and replaced the side hip armor with a smaller verson of the shoulder shields, that would kick ass. I would do it but you already have the basic idea and made it awesome.
I initially tried putting the other shoulder shield on the far shoulder, but it required more rebuilding of the part than I'm yet comfortable doing. I also considered putting the left shoulder armor on the left leg skirt, but there's some directional issues that make it look poor. However, the hip armor replacement is a very good idea I hadn't considered. I'm thinking I'll mod the shields on the hips a bit to make them fit nicely (and maybe a bit more propulsion enabling).

I think I'll make this a back-burner project. The ideas I'm having are more elaborate than I'm quite ready to tackle, unless true inspiration strikes some day. Sazabi 1.75, maybe? :lol:
Thats a easy problem to fix, people will be soon asking how the current shoulder shield is being attached to the Sazabi's shoulders. Just draw on or cut a piece off of anotjher mobile suit to make it look like its being attached to the underside of the shoulder. Do the same for the leg have some sort of piece behind the sheild but on the side of the ankles or legs. You did say its a stop-gap measure to keep up with amuro's nu gundam so having deatchable sheilds is a good idea once he destroys the funnel to have more mobility. Its all a suggestion I think would help out. :)
OddlucK

Added RGM-79H Hydro GM. A mass-production, OYW era, amphibious GM.
Silent_Knight_Gundam

OddlucK wrote:Added RGM-79H Hydro GM. A mass-production, OYW era, amphibious GM.
HOLY CRAP!!! this is just......wow a big jump from your previous work. I love the work you did on the shoulders, it is the most distinguish(different) part of the design. Keep it up!
Gundam_Master_0079

Silent_Knight_Gundam wrote:
OddlucK wrote:Added RGM-79H Hydro GM. A mass-production, OYW era, amphibious GM.
HOLY CRAP!!! this is just......wow a big jump from your previous work. I love the work you did on the shoulders, it is the most distinguish(different) part of the design. Keep it up!
I agree with Silent Knight. Great Job man!
Glory to the Principality of Zeon!
OddlucK

Just a minor upgrade to the Hi-Nu, today.

Nu-Nu
Nu-Nu With Weapons
Last edited by OddlucK on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gundam_Master_0079

OddlucK wrote:Just a minor upgrade to the Hi-Nu, today.

Nu-Nu
Nu-Nu With Weapons
Looks pretty good man, the 1 things bothers me though is those grey pixels for example: the legs. you should really try to connect them, but besides that i think this is awsome.
Glory to the Principality of Zeon!
OddlucK

Gundam_Master_0079 wrote:Looks pretty good man, the 1 things bothers me though is those grey pixels for example: the legs. you should really try to connect them, but besides that i think this is awsome.
Thanks. :) The pixels of which you speak are actually a remnant of the Hi-Nu art being shaded. I'm not yet good at shading, so rather than try to shade the shoulders, I chose to flatten the Hi-Nu. I should have made a point to erase those pixels, but I was focused on the shoulders/shield and didn't really notice them. Sorry. :D

Edit: They've been fixed.
Last edited by OddlucK on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Folken Fanel

It's a good job, with the ZZ shoulders never really appealled to me. Also, the piece on top of the beam shield looks awakard. Nevertheless, you did a good job, and the beam shield itself looks awesome.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
OddlucK

Folken Fanel wrote:It's a good job, with the ZZ shoulders never really appealled to me. Also, the piece on top of the beam shield looks awakard. Nevertheless, you did a good job, and the beam shield itself looks awesome.
Thanks! The piece in the center of the beam shield is the generator for the shield. I wanted a unique shape for the shield so I chose a unique shape for the generator.
Folken Fanel

There's nothing wrong with the generator itself, just the placement. It looks like it's just hanging off the edge of the Nu Nu's forearm saber holder.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
OddlucK

Folken Fanel wrote:There's nothing wrong with the generator itself, just the placement. It looks like it's just hanging off the edge of the Nu Nu's forearm saber holder.
Ah. Well, it kinda is. I couldn't find a good place on the arm to put it, while still keeping the original shape. That point on its front kept digging into the arm. So, I just put it there. I suppose I could have made it look more integrated, but I figured the other benefit to that placement (aside from it fitting) is that the point can be used as a weapon in dire circumstances.
dreacon

Not that i've improve to this level yet, but i like you work, keep it up!
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
OddlucK

Just a recolor today.

Shin Shining Gundam
Shin Shining Gundam Hyper Mode

Yes, the Dark Hadou has made its way to the G-Gundam-verse
dreacon

Not bad, but i'm not sure what i think of it myself. then again recoloring white to black is a real pain, i havent figured out a way of doing it that isnt alot of work
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

dreacon wrote:Not bad, but i'm not sure what i think of it myself. then again recoloring white to black is a real pain, i havent figured out a way of doing it that isnt alot of work
You could always use the fill paint option if your feeling lazy, but that tends to cover up certin lines. I always tend to change the paint brush size and just carefully go along it in full zoom.

Not bad, it kinda looks like a "What if" scenario, if Domon was infected with DG Cells. For a hyper mode, I was expecting it to be blood red. That probably would've worked better

Now that I think about it, the colors on Shin Shinning normal mode are kind of trombeish
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2