Episode 13 - Decisions, Decisions [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Wedge14

After Pan's little life lesson with his student he marched his way up to the bridge. Determined empowered and just bored out of his face. He gave the Captain the slightest acknowledgment possible and took a spot where he could see the whole fleet and space around him.

He could see the hamburg putting along slowly. It was slowing them down. At that moment Pan kind of regretted taking part in saving the ship. If they had of lost it....it wouldn't be such a damper on them right now.

He mumbled to himself, a bit annoyed at this prospect, and leaned his shoulder against the thick space glass, as he slowly clenched his fist.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Big Zabowski

"Don't think nothing of it. I've seen anger take over many a man's soul. I'm glad I'm of some help."

"I understand your position. Trust is not always acquired easily. So I'll be an open book ..this once. Now, I don't like speaking about such stuff..it's not so easy to erase the images but near impossible to avoid the feelings attached. As for why I joined.."

"You must understand how easy it is to mold the ideals of the youth. With talk of true independence through out Side 3 and speeches about freedom filling every street corner, the call to arms was so over whelming that I joined the military without hesitation. I was a stupid 19 year old. You see for years we've been told that the Federation was encroaching on Side 3." With a look of anger Bernard balls up his fists.

"I believed everything they fed me. When hostilities began, it got ugly really fast. Our fight for Independence was twisted into some mad grasp for total domination..But even if we don't always approve of what we have to do, we must carry out orders for sake of country, our comrades, and more importantly our families." Bernard's shame returns forcing him to look down. "So I turned a blind eye to the atrocities committed for a quick end..so that my younger brothers wouldn't be drawn into that nightmare."

"Why we held on for so long? Call it pride or a day dream that Zeon might return..just to cling to something. My fight on Earth after Odessa was merely for survival. I stayed on in hopes of returning into space and going home. We did have an operational HLV. But after so long would I still be recognized? Would they be the same..if they're alive." Bernard shakes his head. " The way I remember them is the way I'd like to keep it, at least for now."

"As for Bitter's actions post-war, I can't comment on. Either he was following orders or was as desperate as the rest of us I don't know. I won't talk ill of the dead." Bernard blinks as if realizing something.

"You know, I think the Doc would call this a therapeutic exercise. But I think you still need rest. If you're tired we could continue this at another time.."

Richard nodded, his eyes loosing focus as he stared down at the sheets over his legs. It had been true then. The reports from the federals that were fed to the locals in his village had been falsified. He knew that Bitter had been a good man, a good commander, and a fierce comrade. It was these reports that called him into suspicion in Barrique's eyes, after report after report of Zeon "pillagers" assaulted local villages.. In actuality, they were destroyed not by Zeon Remnants, but mop up teams from the Federal Forces that were out to hunt those that they now mimicked..

At least, that was the reason why he went to Gibraltar in the first place. It was those mop-up teams that became the Earth Bound Titans, and were out for his, Hotch, Boddar, and the rest of the guys that stuck with him after they "Deserted" what was left of their Zeon Foreign legion battalion.

"As for me joining Zeon in the first place, it was more of the same. I joined the Zeon, right in the middle of my masters degree at Side Three's Zum University. I studied theology and comparative religions, in the hope of becoming some what of a social worker and dare I say it..minister over in Shangri-la.

Things were going good, until like you, I saw that the Federals began building up their current forces in some of the sides, setting up garrisons and the like to place 'peace keeping forces" in the colonies to protect against the spreading Deikun philosophy. These garrisons, for Shangri-la at least, were sucking the economy of an already fragile economic system, dryer than the Serengeti.. It didn't help that some Zeon supporters were building up strength in Side one, and around other sides as well.

It's ironic that when you vow never to join the military in order to help people, it ends up dragging you in anyway for that same purpose. That was why I joined the Foreign legion. They were putting down rallies with brutal force, claiming that the "Zeon supporters" started it. They didn't. Now, those federals were just like those that now full the ranks of the current titans, the same ones that I vowed to fight after the war.. As for Bitter and Africa.."

Richard looked up, his glasses-less eyes attempting to focus as he looked toward Bernard.

"Bitter was never seen that way by many of the locals where I was staying Bernard. I asked because I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, instead of the ass known as the Federation. They may have eventually been in the right during those last days under Revil, but I will say now..that I actually am torn between what the Federals once were, and where we spacenoids are going in this time of crisis."

Grabbing a glass from the lap table now resting over his legs, he took small sips of the icy water, the cooling sensation doing some to numb the warm stinging that resonated from what was functioning of his nerves, now mostly silenced by the pain killers. He took several more sips, before placing the glass back down and continuing.

"I was never fortunate to actually meet someone of Bitter's caliber, because being in the foreign legion meant that you were stuck with...sub-par commanders. At least, I was. My tours were absolute s**t, and to be honest, being in that foreign legion helped my sentiments of becoming disenfranchised from the Zeon cause, and eventual turn from them toward the open arms of our "Caring Earth brethren". After leaving the force with several of my men and commanding officers, we settled in several nearby villages, helping the children and families of these villages as atonement for our sins against humanity, as we saw them."

"I use the word sin because it's the closest word that I can identify with that describes how I saw what we did to the people of earth, of Sidney, of Odessa..and yes, even America. What we did was wrong, and we decided to help those which we hurt. But, in the end it caused more harm than good, because it gave the faux federal dogs a reason to slaughter innocent men, women and children for "Allying themselves with the Zeon menace". It was that mindset that eventually formed the titans, with some help from that fool Delaz.."

"To cut it short, they began hunting us down, one by one. Some were captured, but all ended up dead. Only 15 of us made it out of Africa and into Spain, headed toward Hong Kong. There we joined up with some Federal dissidents, that turned out to be early AEUG agents. From there, we wound up on the moon, and found work with Anaheim. At least there, we were in the company of like minded Zeon that now worked in the private sector. I flew test pilot for a couple of years until a representative from Wong Lee approached the 5 of us still working there to become pilots for the AEUG."

Richard smiled, his eyes moving back to the sheet at his feet.

"And from that day forward, we vowed to fight the Federals once more, not as Zeon, but as freedom fighters for the whole colonial sphere."
Last edited by The Big Zabowski on Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
jim1899

(Sorry been busy lately, so here my post again. It be short and hope no one mind I use a mechanic NPC for a while)

Jimmy was in his quarter hearing to his song in his laptop, they he feel hungry, so he walk to the cafeteria and grab some hamburger and sushi to balance thing off. He eat his food while looking around him, he feel that the Hamburg is a pretty quiet place. He look around and saw one of the mechanic that he was working with early on, so he wave at him and shout “Come and join me man, pretty lonely here.” The mechanic move toward Jimmy and quickly they both started to chat.
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

What a mess. Of course, it seemed like a good idea until he started really looking at what he had to work with. He wouldn’t admit it, but he had even been looking forward to this until all the parts and... crap was dumped in his hangar. Strewn. Piled. “Son of a bitch...” Sager rasped as burnt out, loose wiring floated past his head. Barrique’s Nemo was practically bleeding parts into the ship. Before he left the Gela with the torso, he had half-heartedly finished chewing out one of the replacement mechanics the ship was given, and then he barely had time to give his old partner in crime Myron a pat on the back before he had to leave.

Looks like Myron got the better part of the bargain. Not only did he take this hunk of junk off Myron’s hands, but now he had to work on it. Sager closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. “Listen up!” he called out, and most of the work in the immediate vicinity ceased. “Anybody who isn’t painting, banging out dents or keeping the ship from exploding is now on the work crew for our new project,” he yelled, thumbing at the collected wreckage. “AEUG sellin’ scrap for operating costs now, Chief?” one of the men asked.

Sager crossed his arms and continued, “Funny. Form up groups by specialty. Some of you guys start gutting the internals of that Hizack; get rid of whatever is left of the cockpit and pop the reactor. Some of you do the same with the Nemo. Be careful to not damage the backpacks. You dummies that can’t handle electronics should start fixing whatever is wrong with the rest of the Hizack and prepping it for whatever modification I come up with. I want to do all of this simultaneously and as quickly as possible. Let’s get to work,”.

- Fritz’ Quarters -

Fritz woke up, still in his uniform. He had dozed off while thinking about how hard it was to fall asleep. He found himself thinking that he would be better off asleep, at least until they finally caught up to Echo; being conscious entailed things like thinking and re-thinking what he had gotten the fleet into. He sat up on the edge of his bed, stiffly stretching his joints, and realized the combat mission and his normal suit had given him an odor. “Just another reason I don’t like the things. Sweat traps,” he muttered as he shuffled over to get a new uniform. Maybe a hot shower would help.

- The New Yark -
- Bridge -

Capt. Guanche found himself playing host to another pilot soon after Pan had quietly installed himself at the viewport. Ramon entered the bridge and allowed his momentum to turn him rightside-up as he came to a stop next to the captain’s chair. Well, as much of a “stop” as he ever came to. With his gyrating held to a strict minimum, he broadly saluted and then presented the captain with a work order from the hangar. “Requesting permission!” he politely yelled. The captain calmly took the paper from Ramon and looked it over in silence. “If we have the materials, then approved,” he nodded shortly. Ramon happily took it back and saluted again. “Hey~! Thank you, sir!” he cried out before exiting.

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“They’re be headed for L4, sir. No doubt about it,” Wade responded. Abbey nodded and contemplated their course. “Sides 2 and 5,” he said quietly. He shook his head and said, “If they hit the debris fields before we catch up, we can kiss them goodbye. That is, if they’re really trying their hardest to evade us. That shoal zone is treacherous to say the least,”. Wade adjusted his sunglasses and added, “Well, we should come within sensor range before they get too far in. Depends on the internal orbits and unforseen course changes,”.

Abbey nodded and clucked, “I just hate to move this far out without hearing from Von Braun. Or anyone else, for that matter. I’m liking this idea less and less as we go,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Pan glanced over his shoulder briefly as his fruitbasket teammate floated into the bridge. He sighed relieved the guy didn't really float over. Pan hadn't been the New Yark too long. But he was there long enough to form solid unwavering opinions about most the people he dealt with.

Pan and Mello barely spoke unless it was work. Pan silently resented his own team leader. He was a bit of an 'Enigma' he left most of the coaching up to Pan who worked vigorously to keep Thibault in shape. And he didn't really do it out of kindness...he really didn't have much of a choice. As long as Thibault was capable of following orders and taking attention off Pan he was happy with his performance. To be honest the kid was doing quite well. He had strong nerves and wasn't cracking under the pressure like most rookies, but to hell if Pan actually knew.... It's not like he'd sit down with the kid for a therapy session.

Pan's mind continued to wander as he thought the obvious about Ramon...his eyes flickering about as he stared at the darkness of space. Overhearing the small chatter going on in the bridge.

Pan patted his pocket and pulled out his cigarette case he opened it expecting to find some cigarettes inside and was met with just his lighter. He mutter a word that would be censored by Mechatalk's mighty swear filter under his breath and went back to quietly examining the fleet in silence.

EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Hangar--

With nothing to do on the catwalk, wes decides to leave and head back to his room to relax. He'll deal with the Zeke later... what he wanted now was some rest. He hadnt gotten it since he returned to the ship.

Opening the door to his room, he walks over and collapses onto the bed. Laying there for a few moments, he drifts off to sleep. There, he dreamed of the past again. Not really a troubled memory, but it was one of the rare OYW thoughts...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Ascension

-Chuikov, Break Room

Caroline blinked. "How we're holding up? Aww, you're worried about us, how sweet... Well, there's nothing we really can do but keep going regardless, now is there? Anyway, I think I'm okay... I feel okay... Hey, Vantz, do I look okay to you?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
wonton bob

- The Gela -
- Sick Bay -

"Delaz..." Bernard repeats to himself.

If I had known their true intent..

"I'm afraid it took me longer to fall of out love with Zeon. Even during the final days of the OYW when the chosen few went back while the rest of us were abandoned. But like an old girlfriend she came back in our lives in '83 and we were happy to oblige. Hard to give up one's beliefs, besides we were going home.. at least that's what I thought. When I was told what happened to the naval review my heart sank. We've learned nothing in all those years. And to think that weapon stood right before me."

Bernard puts his hands behind his head, locking his fingers. Looking up he tried to remember that day.

"The place was roaring with cheers as the stolen gundam entered our base. 'Victory for Zeon' he claimed as he came out of the cockpit..."

"What a fool I am." Bernard spits out a final remark on the subject. He doesn't intend to dwell on it anymore.

"Enough of the history lesson. How do you co- Do you think you will ever go back?..to Africa, I mean." Bernard quickly changes his question mid sentence.

I gotta find a way to cope with my demons my own way
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Psyden

Celeste isn’t all that familiar with Lunar geography, but it doesn’t take an expert to realize they aren’t heading for Von Braun. The 4th is gaining altitude, which probably means that they intend to pull. In the wake of such a suspicious withdrawal from what has now been identified as the Titan Taskforce Echo, it would make more sense to reestablish contact with Von Braun, unless she is over thinking this entire situation. There’s only one way to be sure.

Celeste pushes back from the window and towards the hatchway.

“Celeine, I’m headed for the bridge. Wanna come or stay here?”

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
The Big Zabowski

"How do you co- Do you think you will ever go back?..to Africa, I mean."

Richard took a minute or two to think. On one hand, he was actually happy to get out of that place and help stop the Titans. But then, there was the fact that he had practically abandoned the people in his village to their own devices at the hands of the Titans.. As he thought, he didn't even realize that he was muttering out loud until it was too late..

"... They're probably not even alive, Ri-.." He paused as he finally caught himself in mid thought. Might as well get it out into the open.

"Bernard, I left Africa in a state where there’d probably nothing left, so going back might not be worth all that much. It may sound harsh, but I believe that they'd think the same of me. Leaving those people in the middle of a Titans occupation, allowing them to do god knows what..was possibly the worst thing I could have done. Thinking back now, I am realizing that I may have made a mistake joining the AEUG, rather than staying behind and protecting them."

He sighed, staring blankly at a far wall.

"But the past is past, and I'm sure that they could probably handle themselves on their own. They have some of our MS, our weapons, supplies.. I guess I'm thinking too much into my actions. 's always been a problem of mine..

Though, after this is all over, I plan to join a Federal rebuilding force over there, be it voluntary, or being a member of the Federal Forces, so as to help the transition there. After all, being in the company of many a former Federal solider has..changed my views on the war rather than it being a propaganda filled, one sided narrow view.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
wonton bob

- The Gela -
- Sick Bay -

Bernard, now in a more relaxed state feels free to express his opinions on the future and their fellow squad mates.

"Rebuilding sounds nice but given the history of the human race, I'm sure soon after this war is over there'll be another one taking it's place. I 've got a feeling some sort of conflict will be around even past our lifetime."

Bernard pulls the chair close to Barrique's bedside.

"Speaking of feelings...I might be out of line here but Ltjg. Applegate seems a bit reckless to me. I know I haven't sortie with him yet but something about his devil-may-care attitude.. and also Al. Does he seem a little out of touch with you. Did you notice the rank badge? It's not a replica. But if you say it's ok then I won't worry about them much."
The Big Zabowski

"Speaking of feelings...I might be out of line here but Ltjg. Applegate seems a bit reckless to me. I know I haven't sortied with him yet but something about his devil-may-care attitude.. and also Al. Does he seem a little out of touch with you. Did you notice the rank badge? It's not a replica. But if you say it's ok then I won't worry about them much."

Richard could only chuckle a bit at Bernard's cautious, though unecessary attitude toward the two other members of the Gela team.

"Of course Norman is a little reckless, but that's more his way of keeping the Titans at bay. After all, he was a veteran of the Federals, so he would know a thing or two on how to keep his own ass in check out there..."

With a pause, Richard cleared his throat of some congestion before continuing. The zero G environment really wasn't helping him heal any better, even with the medication. It was as if he was just at a standstill. hearing the rough clearing of the throat, the doctor floated over to check the vital machines, before making a decision to up the dosage on the medication.

This subsequently made Richard become a bit drowsy as he continued. The doctor could only remind them though, that keeping the discussion going would only tax his patient further, and advised them to end it soon. Richard nodded in understanding, before continuing.

*Yawn*

"As for Al, I'd say there's a little more to him than just a kid fresh out of secondary school.. I'd say you bring it up with him, because at the moment, I doubt I'd be coherent in about 20 minutes the way this medication is kicking in.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
wonton bob

- The Gela -
- Sick Bay -

"As for Al, I'd say there's a little more to him than just a kid fresh out of secondary school.. I'd say you bring it up with him, because at the moment, I doubt I'd be coherent in about 20 minutes the way this medication is kicking in.."

"Perhaps.. but I'm not really the type to go strolling down memory lane. I'll let my worries rest and let you get some sleep. I'd better go check out the Nemos. I got a feeling we'll see some more action soon."

Bernard gets up and places the chair back. With one last look at the Lieutenant before he leaves, he wonders how long he will be out of action.

Damn. We're gonna miss his skills out there. I wonder who's gonna replace him since we are a pilot short and who's gonna clean up all that drool.
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

“Yeah... Yeah, that’s fine. Turn it off,” Sager nodded. The team he had chosen to lead personally had the boundlessly entertaining task of stripping the cockpit out of Barrique’s Nemo and checking every single separate system and device down to the base components. After removing the cockpit from the torso, they had secured it and gotten down to the mindless important work. Sager handed a tool off to one of his crew and shifted himself slightly so that the next tiny electrical part was in the center of his view.

In the background, another team had managed to stand the dead Hizack up on a maintenance rack with the help of a Rick Dias, and the giant mess that remained of its cockpit was being cut out and removed entirely. Next to that group, another outfit was working on the units’ backpacks and mucking around with readying the reactors for transfer.

One of his tag-alongs from the Gela move asked, “Chief, how long do you think this is gonna take?”. Sager glanced up at the man working on the linear seat and shrugged, “No idea. None of the work has been too bad so far, but we haven’t run into anything we need that’s beyond repair yet. I’ll relax a little when we’re painting the thing,”.

- The Gela -
- Sick Bay -

Through a series of transfers, a bad connection and a nice wait, the Gela’s doctor was put through to the comm station on the Dervish. “Eh, this is Dr. Breats from the Gela. I was wondering if Capt. Abbey is available for a moment?” Jane responded in the affirmative, and on the flagship Abbey quickly picked up his handset.

“Capt. Abbey, sir. Dr. Breats. You were already notified about Lt. Barrique over here. If you don’t mind, I’d like to have him transferred to the Dervish’s sick bay. ... Yes sir. ... Well, his broken bones should heal a lot faster with your gravity block. ... ... Right. Thank you, sir.”

With that done, things would be a lot calmer again in the Gela’s sick bay, and Lt. Barrique would be better off in the long run. The doctor rubbed his neck and got up from his desk to make another round to check on Richard’s vitals. He’d have to make sure the lieutenant was ready for transfer when Sager brought back whatever he was tinkering on.

- The New Yark -
- Hangar -

“HW~AAAAAAAT!?”

Most of the activity in the hangar came to a halt as Ramon wailed in surprise. “Wrong one! You’re painting the wrong one~!” he yelled as he propelled himself across the void toward one of the MS racks. Resting against the rack was a Nemo, and everything except it’s lower left leg and foot was a showy mix of bright pink with yellow highlights. It was just like the plans he had handed over, the ones the captain had given permission for. The only problem was that this Nemo belonged to Lt. Pan Heyden.

“What are you screeching about? We’re following these damn instructions to the letter,” grunted one of the mechanics as he turned away, the paint sprayer still in his hand. Ramon gritted his teeth and his hands balled into fists. For a moment he shook with anger, and then it suddenly dissipated. “Okaaay!! Now that I see it full sized, it’s not that great! Carry on!” he gyrated before kicking off, leaving a confused paint team in his wake.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
jim1899

-The Hamburg-
-Hanger-

Jimmy was moving around the hanger, looking at all the Mobile Suit that is currently in the hanger. He slowly walk pass few mechanic doing there job of maintaining those mobile suit that is currently in the hanger. He moves to his Nemo and he open the cockpit hatch and move into the cockpit. He power up the system, and saw all he data checking and stuff that the operating system of the mobile suit usually do when it power up. Jimmy slowly look at a manual and slowly to set some of his characteristic into the system based on the data he receive in the simulator he was in earlier. After half an hour in his mobile suit cockpit, he go out from it and close the hatch. A young mechanic come up to him and ask “So checking up on your Nemo?” Jimmy reply with a smile “Yup, need to fine tune it, we are chasing the Titan, wont be good for me if my Nemo not in tip top shape.” The young mechanic say “Yup, you don’t want to be like your ex captain, dead before the war even come to the end.” Jimmy reply with a sense of grief “Yup. Poor guy, wonder how his family felt after receiving news about his death. So what slowing down the 4th in chasing the Echo team?” The young mechanic laugh a bit and said “It our old metal ship Hamburg which are slowing down the whole fleet, wonder how long it take us to chase up with them with this broken ship that is still under repair by it own engineering crew.” Jimmy and the mechanic chat for a while before Jimmy eventually return to his quarter and have a rest.
Wedge14

Thibault Chareux floated by Ramon who had just finished causing a ruckus in the hangar. Curious to see what the noise was all about and a bit too shy to confront the ships' official person of alternative lifestyle.

He peeked into the Hangar head first and sticking out like a sore thumb was Lt. Heyden's Nemo mostly covered in primer and missing most of it's armour sections. The parts that had painted where a strange mix of pink and yellow. It kind of reminded the Ensign of Pink lemonade.

Pink Lemonade!? Would Lt. Heyden really do something this gaudy to his mobile suit?? And why would the Captain allow him to do something so silly?? Did this have something to do with Ramon?

Thibault bolted to the pilot's lounge as fast as he could, perhaps Mello would be able to divulge some information. If Pan was allowed to get a colorful suit the rest of the team should get one too!!!

He gracefully slipped into the lounge. Lt. Mello was there of course...But it was as Thibault feared...the Man was sleeping.

Head tilted back mouth agape. Mello lied snoring upon one of the benches.

Thibault cleared his throat.

"Erhhm Lt. Mello sir??"

"zzz"

"LIEUTENANT MELLO SIR????" He repeated yelling loud enough to damage ones throat.

"zzz"

"Blast..." Thibault scooted out of the Pilot's lounge. Mello was such a heavy sleeper it was surprise that he got to battles on time...Maybe he was just ignoring Thibault.

Thibault then unsure of where to go decided to go towards whereever Roman headed too. He was sure he went towards the personal quarters. More determination then brain's Thibault went looking for the colorful lt. jg.

Folken Fanel

Vantz, somewhat taken aback by both Jonas's entrance and Caroline's question, could not think of anything to say right off the bat. In an attempt to stall, he cleared his throat loudly and nervously before coming up with something to say. "You look more than okay, Caroline. I'd go as far as to say you look great." Even as he said the words, Vantz immdeiately regretted speaking them. His face turned slightly red.

In an attempt to ward off any humliation, he said, "As for me, Lt. Jonas, I'm holding up fine, aside from a bit of cockpit phobia. Had a few too many close calls back during the battle. Caroline here's helped me with though, so don't worry, it's not like I'm dead weight or anything!"
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Curren's Quarters--

Curren snapped awake suddenly after having another nightmare of the accident many years ago. They've been more frequent nowadays, and the fact that he's constantly exposed to his bottled up anger towards Zeon is starting to concern him. He didnt want to accidentally kill one of his comrades in battle in sheer rage... or would that still be considered an accident?

Letting out a sigh, he checked the time. He had been sleeping for a few hours. It was sufficient enough for now.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Cardi Doorl

- Salamis Kai-class Chuikov -
- Break Room -

Caroline's playfully patronizing tone irked Jonas only mildly. Christ, he wasn't expecting shellshock or anything. He just wanted to see how the rookies felt after fighting for real for their first time. Maybe he'd worded it the wrong way. Kids these days, they eat you alive over anything and everything.

But then Vantz spoke. He was shaken for some reason, and seemed to struggle to find the right words. Then he made a passing remark about "cockpit phobia" (of which Jonas had never heard and wondered what universe Vantz was living in to adopt such odd terminology) and finished with a tellingly self-conscious line about how he wasn't dead weight.

Now there was a surprise. Caroline, whom Jonas had pegged as being in most danger, being that she didn't seem to be soldiering material, was entirely unperturbed by her (admittedly brief) first taste of combat. Vantz, whom Jonas thought would adjust more or less normally (though probably unremarkably), appeared shaken, though he tried valiantly to hide it.

"You didn't do too bad out there for a first-timer," intoned Jonas, "You have some promis. But I won't lie to you: that fight was pretty light compared to what we're likely to face in the future. The war will only get harder before it gets easier, and I want you to understand that. Think hard about it. Too many people sign up on either side without being seriously committed, without understanding what it means to fight. Vantz, before you ever go out there and risk your life ever again, think hard about how serious you are about all this. Think real hard. Once you find your answer, you will be emboldened, though what you'll be emboldened to do depends on what the answer is."

He didn't say any of this like a sermon or lecture, but rather as friendly, though crucial, advice from a senior brother, all the while making his way across the room to vend a small snack. He remembered the advice from back when he was still just a clueless greenhorn among other greenhorns. It had saved them all from being scared rookies and quickened their transition to real soldiers. Hopefully, he'd done it right so it would work for Vantz.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
jim1899

-The Hamburg-
-Mess Hall-

Jimmy was eating a hamburger and having a drink of Cola, he was very hungry after twitching his Nemo, he notice no one was at the mess hall, probally all busy doing some stuff. He quickly finish his food and quickly go to his next location.

-Simulator Room-
At the simulator room, Jimmy trained a bit, using some scenario from the OYW which is one of the most famous war to current date, but he do wonder how famous will the current war he is in will be in the future.

-Pilot Rooms-

Jimmy was fast in turning on his laptop, he save all his simulator data into the computer and see how he do compare to his last simulator result. It seem he have increase a little bit. He quickly turn on the music player in his laptop and put on his headphone and enjoy the time he currently have.[/u]