OddlucK's recolors/frankens/et al--Updated 5-12-10

The place to share your artwork.
OddlucK

Nightwing03 wrote:Honestly, Im loving the Ez8 in amuro colors, you paint better at white than i do (becuas ei have no idea how to xD)
Thanks! White's very annoying to do. I just pick two or three slightly/progressively darker shades to use at the line borders and then just keep selecting the pixels that look out of place and sweep the whole image to replace all of that shade. Pretty tedious to do in Paint, though.

Just a few recolors and simple frankens today.
Black Kampfer
Black Geara Doga
Black Jagd Doga
Jegan Cannon
GP03 Fb*

*After the loss of the Orchis, the GP03 Stamen was refitted to increase its speed.
Last edited by OddlucK on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwing03

Wow! IMO your skills level at frankening mark simmon images are up there with Ezero8 (Not a bad thing, it's an awesome thing)! The GP03 Fb looks totally awesome!
♣♦♠♥
OddlucK

Nightwing03 wrote:Wow! IMO your skills level at frankening mark simmon images are up there with Ezero8 (Not a bad thing, it's an awesome thing)! The GP03 Fb looks totally awesome!
Thanks! :D
Gundam Zero Force

Those are all really awesome! I really like the GP03 Fb one.
EZero8

Wow. I have to say, you're one of the fastest rising Franken artists here, OddlucK. The GP03-Fb is proof of this. Fluidly and expertly put together in your fifth(?) attempt. Not bad at all.

If your stuff is being compared to some of my better Frankens (thanks for that comment there Nightwing :wink:), that has to be good news there. Good job.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
OddlucK

Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm really happy with how the GP03 Fb turned out and really appreciate your remarks! :D

One question: I notice a lot of folks giving specs (really not my bag, though if someone else would like to tackle it, I'll gladly id all the parts) and backstories. I'm not sure I can come up with real stories for them all, but should I share concept remarks (like I did for the GP03 Fb)? What do you guys think?
EZero8

OddlucK wrote:One question: I notice a lot of folks giving specs (really not my bag, though if someone else would like to tackle it, I'll gladly id all the parts) and backstories. I'm not sure I can come up with real stories for them all, but should I share concept remarks (like I did for the GP03 Fb)? What do you guys think?
It's up to you. If you want to post up those design remarks, nobody can stop you since this is your thread.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
OddlucK

Ok. I've been trying to get some inspiration for something to do with the Simmons art (still not quite away from that as I'm still using MSPaint). I've pulled pieces from it and thrown rough machines together. I've stalked this board to see what everyone else is doing. But, everything I can think to do either has already been done (perhaps not exactly, but still...) or involves suits of such varied sizes as to make the proportioning difficult.

So, I'm looking for some inspiration, if you guys would be willing to suggest something, preferrably something using the art at http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/gpimages/mecha/, or something similarly simple to modify in Paint.

In the mean time, I'll keep digging.

OddlucK

YMS-15-2 Gyan 2

An upgrade of the Gyan, with focus placed on speed and armed with two high-output beam sabers.
Silent_Knight_Gundam

OddlucK wrote:YMS-15-2 Gyan 2

An upgrade of the Gyan, with focus placed on speed and armed with two high-output beam sabers.
Very simple, yet very nice, that is what i like about this Gyan. The head could use some work though but the Beam effects on the high output beam sabers, the backpack and the legs just overshadow it. The legs also give off a sort of Zeta era look like the Rick Dias or the Hyaku Shiki and the backpack give off the power of speed it. Nicely Done Oddluck.
OddlucK

Last edited by OddlucK on Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OddlucK

Added Nu Alex.
Nightwing03

1 Word...Wow
The Nu Alex looks aweesome, i especially like how the shoulder armor pieces are different colors, and btw the Freedom Goldframe with the Gerbera Straight looks excellent :D
♣♦♠♥
OddlucK

Nightwing03 wrote:The Nu Alex looks aweesome, i especially like how the shoulder armor pieces are different colors

I wanted the left shoulder to be bigger/better armored as it's the attachment point/charger for the fin funnels. I decided to make it a different color to distinguish the two shoulders further. I rather like the look with the different colors as well.
OddlucK

Last edited by OddlucK on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Personally, I like the red one better. The green for some reason doesn't seem to look all that good to ne.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Draco Starcloud

I liked the green one better myself.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Silent_Knight_Gundam

I like both of them, well done oddluck, It reminds me so much of super mario brothers for some reason and the colors goes well together. :D
OddlucK

Thanks, guys! I'm a little partial to the red one (it was the first I did), but I like them both. I did experiment with replacing the blue with a lighter green on the green machine, but didn't find one that satisfied me.
OddlucK

Added Sazabi 1.5.

As a stop-gap measure to keep up with Amuro's Nu Gundam, Char doubles the number of funnels on his Sazabi and adds propellant tanks to increase its operational time.
Last edited by OddlucK on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.