Episode 13 - Advance to the Rear [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
ORegan

Miller made it into the room about the time when Picard was around the phrase "said, the sortie brought to my attention a few problems." Patrick slowly made his way to his seat near everyone, floating clumsily, and knocking down another chair that was in the corner.

He sat there quietly while the CO gave a talk about who runs the outfit...Patrick thought that Picard was in charge...apparently he was wrong.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
EfreetCustom

"Sir!"

Alex paused to collect his thoughts.

"We moved out like we were supposed to, and everything was going fine.....Lt. Brown then ordered for us to split up so we could hold our own ends seperatly. McMullen and I then went to the right and we then soon encountered enemy Nemos and were overwelmed. My suit lost its right leg in the fight but i still kept going. McMullen, now, was out of my sight and he was engaging the enemy closer to their lines, thats when he was shot.......numerous times, resulting in his death."

Alex, flashes the sight of McMullen being blown up in his own suit through his mind.

"I just caught the end of his suit exploding but I was then engaged by Nemos down below on the rocks. They were pinning down Lt. Brown, and my weapon has just ran out of ammo when I found a machine gun floating in the space which I used to help cover Lt. Brown. I was then engaged in close combat with a Nemo and i could offer no further support to Lt. Brown, which is just about the time he died, I assume from after hearing Pendragon's report..."

Alex glances at Pendragon quickly, as to get affirmation.

"....after the combat I flew my suit back to the Herakles because of its terrible state, I got some muffeled mixed up radio transmissions from Pendragon but nothing conclusive........thats all I know sir....sorry."

Alex looks to the floor, and hangs his head
Last edited by EfreetCustom on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
Gambit01

Nick marched in just behind Gilliarme, and gave a respectful salute to Trent before taking a seat. Unlike Stukov's paranoia or Gilliarme's acceptance, Nick's aura was one of well, confusion, and not JUST for the events concerning him and Fritz, though they more then served their turn. He was determined, however, not to think on them for fear of voicing that confusion out-loud. That might lead to some questions that he had no intention of answering.

So instead he concentrated on why Trent forced him to retreat when all he needed to do was swat two annoying flies piloting Nemos and then go on with Stukov to gut the AEUG ships where they...floated, Nick guessed.

He looked at Gilliarme with raised eyebrows, then turned to Stukov.

"...there a reason you look like you want to kill someone, or are you just being 'typical Stukov'?" Nick asked.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
wonton bob

- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
- Briefing Room -

"Thing is," Picard continued, "There's some confusion over who really runs this outfit. I'd hate for there to be confusion."

Jason's jaw was tightly clenched to keep him from speaking one of the many responses that shouted in his mind. As he looks away, his hands that rested on his lap had balled up into fists. Jason had not forgotten the disregard of his life when Picard fired in his direction nor being hit by the Marasai. It seems that this the way of things in the Titans, far different from the Federation. It was an eye-opener for Jason as he realized he too must strike or be struck down. But not now.

I'll play your game

Jason reestablishes his gaze at Picard.

"Sir, any extra info on those suits your squad encountered?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Kylern

Kyle sat there quietly listening. He hadn't been out there fighting so hearing it from the mouths of obviously shaken up pilots. They must have gone through a lot and it was apparent since two pilots were dead and the ship missing its main bridge. He felt kind of bad since he had been displaced during the time but then again he couldn't have helped anyways... There hadn't been a mobile suit for him. But since he had nothing to say himself, he remained quiet, watched, and listened. If he learned anything from this it was that war was hell and never went the way briefing said it would.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Shin."

The name was uttered with neither malice nor reproach. In the zero-G environment of the Kirov's mobile suit bay, Samantha floated above the pilot she'd addressed, so that her feet were about level with his head.

- Briefing Room -

"...there a reason you look like you want to kill someone, or are you just being 'typical Stukov'?"

Stukov's gaze slid over to the redeye.

"Is there a reason," Stukov began in retort, but Trent cut in: "Don't even start, you two," said the Commander, "Get seated."

Wolf entered just as Trent finished saying this. His eyes swept the room quickly after the saluting formalities with Trent, but otherwise he seated himself nonchalantly.

"We're all here, then," intoned Trent, "I won't waste time. Our mission was a success overall, gentlemen: we received confirmation that the main attack fleet successfully drove AEUG forces out of Von Braun City, thanks in no small part to our successfully diverting the bulk of the rebels' defense forces. It was hardly a job I wanted for this outfit, but we did the job with minimal casualties. Pretty good, considering we had a good deal of new pilots and rookies among our numbers.

"That said, there are some problems to address," in spite of himself, Trent eyed, for the briefest tiny moment, Stukov and Gilliarme as he said it, "Lt. Lasalle, I'll start with you.

"I can't say you failed out there. You were quick to take charge of the situation when the enemy tried to blitz us - you and your team were quick to intercept and slow them down, even if the tactics you employed were dangerous in your attempt to counter-blitz them. That said, you seemed to have trouble controlling your subordinates. From what I gather, Yamamoto repeatedly ignored withdrawal orders, putting himself and his team in a nigh-suicidal position. Fulton seemed to operate entirely on her own. What went wrong out there, Lieutenant?"

Trent couldn't, and wouldn't, place the blame on Gilliarme automatically, even if Gilliarme was technically responsible for everything his direct subordinates did. He did intend to find out what the problem was, starting with this question to Gilliarme. If Delta proved a broken team, he'd have to nip the problem in the bud.

OOC: Efreet, not sure how Alex remembers McMullen's Hizack exploding, considering it never exploded ;) :P. I suppose Alex's memories are mixed up due to the stress, though, eh?

IC:
- Salamis Kai-class Herakles -
- Combat Bridge -

Say what you want of Ltcmdr. Berg, nobody could accuse him of being a fair man.

"So from what I understand, Ens. Lepak, was that you sat back and let your experienced XO get killed right in front of you?" Without giving Alex a chance to respond to the absurd question, Berg raged on, "What kind of outfit am I running here? Was I saddled with the most incompetent mobile suit pilots in the Earth Sphere? We were the only team to take losses out there, you know." - Berg's face was slightly red by this point - "I expect you all to fight seriously when facing the enemy, not like a pack of clueless children!"

"Pendragon," he said suddenly, his tone more authoritative as he stopped suddenly in his pacing to swivel toward the pilot he'd addressed, "You're in charge of Herakles Team until the team receives a real commander to fill the spot. I don't exactly expect you to be a force to be reckoned with out there, but at the very least you can try not to get yourself - or Ens. Lepak - killed in the meantime. Can you manage that?"

- Briefing Room -

M-Hover seemed to miss entirely the meaning behind the stress Jason placed on the word "your". Instead, he moved on gleefully to answer the query.

"Not at the moment, no. I recognized the red one as a Rick Dias, which you rookies might've heard about. They're the AEUG's high-performance models. Deadly as hell; I've had to deal with them before, you know. I'm not sure about the blue one, but other than the color scheme it looked just like a Rick Dias, too. Could be some sort of variant, but for all we know it could be a regular Dias with fancy colors.

"But enough about that. We did a hell of a job out there, men. We went toe-to-toe with the rebels in their Rick Diases. The only problem is that Ens. Drossel took heavy damage on his own mobile suit. Drossel, be more careful out there. That's taxpayer money being wasted, you know. Now, any questions? Comments? Speak up."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Cybaster

"---What went wrong out there, Lieutenant?"

Gilliarme promptly stood up straight as he levelled his eyes towards Trent to answer. I will not place further blame on them, Gilliarme took a deep breath. They have enough to worry about out there without further being reprimanded or worse.

"Lieutenant Yamamoto and Ensign Fulton were behaving as well as they could, and per given orders. The problem in miscommunication was of my sole responsibility, Commodore; We were successful in drawing the AEUG's attention with the assault on the enemy Salamis Kai, Lieutenant Yamamoto moving with me on the main offensive and Ensign Fulton holding the rear as ordered, but during the thick of the fighting I was delayed by the enemy and could not ensure that the orders to withdraw were received properly by Ensign Fulton and Lieutenant Yamamoto for an unacceptable amount of time, hence they were procedurally acting on what was previously ordered. Only afterwards, when the Kirov reiterated their order to withdraw, could I find a proper opening to issue an order to withdraw through the Minovsky Interference under enemy fire, and once I did they obeyed immediately, sir."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
ORegan

Patrick listened carefully to everything Picard was saying....ok no he wasn't. He was trying to though. he got confused somewhere between red rick dais, and taxes. He had a blank stare on his face that he tried to hide with his monstrous hands. He wanted to play it off that he was just having battle fatigue, instead of not listening due to getting side tracked.

When Picard asked if there were questions, he then remembered he wanted to ask something.

"Uhh sir, besides the machinegun and beam saber, what other weapons can I use for Zack?"
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Psyden

“Yes, Sir! I will not fail again!”

There is no joy in Ensign Constantine Pendragon’s voice, for the new acting Commanding Officer of the Herakles’ Mobile Suit team is not happy to be in this position. However, he is relieved, since even though he has brought shame upon himself, his family, and his ship, he has been given a chance to redeem himself, a chance he does not intent to squander.

As much as he dislikes his fellow ensign, one Alex Lepak, Constantine much rise above that and work with the incompetent until he is worthy to be called a mobile suit pilot. Sure, Pendragon is not ace himself, but at least the damage to his suit was minimal, despite all he went through.

And Lepak is not the only one who needs work. Despite holding his own against a pair of Nemo, Pendragon’s skill pales in comparison to that of the pilot Marasai with the hammer and sickle. The young aristocrat has a goal set that is currently above his reach, yes, but one day he hopes to reach the level of the pilot, to dispatch the even with cold efficiency, for that is what the Titans need. And if Lepak is around long enough, he’ll drag that poor excuse for a pilot with him.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
RGM-79G GM Command

After landing his Marasai on the Kirov Ryo walked out of the hanger and went to the pilot's changing room before changing into his uniform and starting to walk to the mess hall. 'The Marasai is a lot different from the GM II, definetly better but I guess I'm just used to the GM II or something. I'll need to fight better next time.' He thinks to himself while walking into the mess hall and getting some food, after he gets a tray he sits down at one of the tables and starts to eat. 'I guess the battle ended up going well, just wish I had ended up doing more this time, if it stays at this rate I'm doing worse in my Marasai then my old GM II.'

Once he was done eating Ryo left the mess and went to his quarters before laying down in his bed, "Well I guess I'll get some rest like the Lieutenant Commander said. Maybe that's why I'm not fighting as welll as before/" He says to himself before starting to go to sleep.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Kirov RP in the works.

IC:
- Briefing Room -

Picard's eyes shot abruptly over to Patrick when the hulking dunce asked his question.

"Good question," Picard dripped sarcastically, "They only supplied the team with one beam rifle, which means you fellas are stuck with the 120s. That's just how it is. Now unless there's something worth hearing I think we've covered everything."

- Combat Bridge -

"You'd better not," responded Berg, "You two are dismissed. Ens. Roberts, remain here."
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kylern

((You mixed to two ships up... Sorry just wanted to point that out))

A shadow feel on Kyle as he sat there and his name was said. He had seen the crap the other two had been given and despite the fact he had nothing to do with the last battle he felt that he was next. So grinding his teeth in nervousness he turned around to the Captain and forced a response. "Yes sir..." He said as his foot tapped the ground in a steady almost rehearsed rhythm. Actually it was rehearsed since it was what he did when he was nervous. But he caught the Captain's eyes and gulped silently as he worked up his nerve for what was going to be said to him. But like a newbie he lost his nerve and did something slightly embarrassing that his mother had smacked him for several times as a child.

"I'm sorry sir that I wasn't a help in that last encounter. I was stuffed away and thus not available for duty. If I had maybe we would still have the main bridge or maybe the other pilots had not been killed..." He said this shifting his eyes down but quickly brought them up when he noticed he had done that. he didn't want to give the impression of weakness and wanted to remain strong but the urge to explain himself was overpowering. It made him feel weak but he couldn't help it. He was green and thus wasn't use to dealing with all this. In due time he would but for now he had no idea what he was really doing and hoped to find out himself before to long.
EfreetCustom

Hearing that the smug Pendragon would now be the team leader, Alex grimaced. Knowing all his new orders were going to be coming from Pendragon makes him question the way the Titans works, just randomly making another ensign with little experience a team leader (even if it is temporarily). Then Alex thinks about the ships captain, how he loathed him:

Berg made me look like I sat there and did nothing as McMullen was being killed, I was engaged, he wasn't there! he doesn't know!

With an angry grunt Alex leaves the bridge and goes to his quarters to cool off.
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
Psyden

Ensign Pendragon salutes Capt. Berg and makes his exit shortly after Ens. Lepak, who seems thoroughly pissed. Not that Constantine cares. Constantine is now technically Lepak’s superior, so he really doesn’t care what his new-found subordinate thinks. Pendragon will make both of them become better, whether Lepak likes it or not.

Minutes later, as the door slides shut behind Constantine and locks, he takes his helmet from behind him and holds it with both hands, staring through the visor, as if he is looking at himself in the eyes, remember the battle, replaying what happened, what he could recall, step-by-step. Then he remembers the conversation with Capt. Berg, how during which the fear which had built up during combat finally burst forth and had gripped him.

“GOD DAMNIT!!!”

He hurls the helmet across the room, shattering the mirror in the process, but that concerns him not. He looks at his hands, still shaking as the fear still runs through him. He balls his hands into fists and clenches them tight until the shaking stops.

This Fear… This Fear that terrorizes me so… I will conquer it!

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Heh, yeah I didn't pay enough attention to where I wasentering text now was I? :oops:

IC:
- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Briefing Room -

"I see," murmured Trent, "I trust you'll find a means to rectify this communication problem. You were lucky, after all, that nobody in your team ended up ensnared by the enemy out there.

"Which brings me to you, Ltcmdr. Stukov,"

When Trent turned to face his new subject, he found the Mad Russian already looking him in the eye. Trent couldn't quite read what the pilot's eyes were saying.

"Stukov," Trent rallied on, "It was like Houston colony again, what with you abandoning your subordinates just to pull some heroics. What the hell were you thinking?"

"I delayed the enemy, Andrewson," answered Stukov, "I neutralized three of their Nemo units and stalled another four. Had I not ordered my team back to the formation ahead of time-"

"First off, don't call me Andrewson," cut in Trent, "But the important matter: I don't want you abandoning your team again, especially not to play hero. Understood?"

"Commander, seven rebel mobile suits were prevented from joining the front lines."

"And two of our pilots - one still relatively inexperienced and the other possibly not fully recovered from his friend's murder - were left to fend for themselves. It's fortunate they were in a relatively quiet zone where they encountered only one AEUG machine, but that kind of luck can't hold forever, Stukov. Keeping our own men alive is as important as killing the enemy's."

"Commander," returned Stukov, "There was a Hizack from one of the Salamis teams out front with me as well. He stood his ground against two Nemos. I do not know who he was, what team he was from, or even if he survived, but if he can be identified I recommend he receive some kind of recognition."

"Don't change the subject, Stukov. Do you understand what I was saying?"

"Yes, sir."

"We'll see. And about this Hizack. From what I understand from reports, our casualties for that sortie included two Hizacks destroyed. We'll look over your flight recorder and see if we can identify the Hizack you saw and if if survived.

"Ltcmdr. Ritter, Lt. Te'litha," Trent directed his attention to the team leaders who, up to now, had remained unaddressed, "Good work out there, you two and your teams. You were quick and efficient in intercepting the enemy, though I am concerned that two rebel mobile suits were able to bog down both your teams plus a Hizack team. I know the two were Rick Dias, which we were hardly expecting, but even with a substantial numerical disadvantage the AEUG machines retreated mostly unscathed. From what I've seen, I can safely say this isn't due to poor skill on your parts or those of your subordinates, nor is it due to shoddy cohesion within teams." Trent's eyes shifted between the two, "I am not a fool. I don't care what bad blood you two have off the battlefield, but if it ever has a negative affect on your battlefield performance again, then so help me I'll recommend you both as test subjects for the Pyongyang Labs, assuming you don't get each other killed first. Do I make myself clear?"

Cardi Doorl

- Combat Bridge -

With the two pilots gone, that left Kyle and Berg.

Almost immediately the young ensign proceeded to babble.

"Quit worrying so much, Roberts. That's all in the past. What matters now is learning to deal with subordinates. You saw what I did there, right? It's important you never give them an inch, especially those rookies annd new pilots, because they always see that as an invitation to take a mile. They're all out to look good and be the next super ace, and they don't care what facts they have to skew or what idiot stunts they have to pull in order to do it. At least in your case, I think you have a chance. Roberts, I get the feeling you're not like those two snotnosed brats; you're not out there for glory or to rack up some huge kill count, now are you? You understand the importance of obeying orders and taking responsibility for any failures you might commit, even though you run the risk of never being Mr. Hero, now don't you?"

Kylern

"My bad Sir... Bad habit." He said keeping his eyes on the Captain in order to not appear weak. Then the Captain began to speak and he realized that he was either being tested or prodded. And that honestly didn't feel to nice, but he would play along honestly since he had to get on the right foot with this guy. After all it was his step forward in the military and even if it was a different motive he wanted to move forward and rise himself.

"Well everyone wants to prove themselves to someone. I honestly think that in the military there is a pulling force between two point. One wants you to excel and out pace your squad to be selected and remembered. The other force is the military's strict rules that keeps you from being an individual, almost like cookie cutted soldiers. But as long as there is that chance to be promoted or have fame shined, it makes it hard to be a faceless member of the masses." He said this completely honest. He wanted the Captain to know where he stood in order to avoid complications later on. He also liked to hear himself sound like he knew what he was talking about.

"If you want to know about myself, I don't believe in endangering those that need me in order to get glory. I believe that in the end I would rather be a hero for protecting the lives of my team than as the guy that ended the lives of others. I hope that was what you were looking for but yes orders are important, but there are moments when survival exists outside the rules of engagement. I believe that if your continued existence is threatened by following orders then their not orders that should be followed. That is why the one giving orders needs the trust of their subordinates. That way the will put their orders above themselves because they believe you have their best interests in mind and would never let them down." He told him this in a cool and collected voice and hoped that it didn't get him in trouble. There were moments in it where he thought he might have gotten slightly out of hand.
Bezerker

((Here goes my first RP in a while, I have caught up though so if its akward....just cattle prod me))

Dante walked out of his room after changing out of his space suit and stared down the hallway

"Why did Nick slow down out there, he was poised for the kill and he just froze, I'm just glad I got through to him so he could defend himself...If those suits would have attacked him....

Dante's thoughts trailed off as he headed for the mobile suit bay. He walked up to a group of mechanics surrounding his suit, they were scratching their heads and looking at the suit.

"Whats wrong guys, sad because I brought her back in one piece?" Dante said as he put his orange lensed glasses on his face and walked up beside them.

"Your repairs were great fellas, I thank all of ya for fixing it after I destroy the poor thing"

One of the Mechanics sighed and looked at him. "I'm just glad you didn't get hurt out there" the mechanic said. "Parts are replaceable, a trained pilot is much harder to replace" he said as he and the rest walked away and started working on another suit.

"You got that right" Dante said as he looked up at his suit.

"Ed...I hope your still alright"
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
wonton bob

- Briefing Room -

Picard dripped sarcastically, "They only supplied the team with one beam rifle, which means you fellas are stuck with the 120s. That's just how it is. Now unless there's something worth hearing I think we've covered everything."

Jason folds his arms, still eager to mix it up with AEUG. " Sir, any word on what our next move is? All I heard was "victory" from the crew but I just didn't see it out there."

How the heck was there victory when the retreat flare went off?
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Gambit01

"Well sir," Te'litha drawled, "There wouldn't be half as many problems if someone knew how to, you know, AIM, I think battle performances wouldn't be effective half as much."

Te'litha shot a glare over to Wolf before springing to his feet and saluting.

"Sir! Permission to speak sir!" He didn't know why he was bothering with formalities; actually, he did. He wanted his proposal to be met with seriousness, not scoffed off. Edward's life might hang in the balance.

And others, Nick thought, unable to glance at Wolf out of the corner of his eye.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza