Episode 13 - Decisions, Decisions [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Goose

- Dervish, Hangar -

"Thanks Chief," says Jack, smiling happily at his Rick Dias and Sager. "If it's not too much trouble, Chief, I'd like a modified version of the old standard colors. Black for armor, dark gray for the the light gray areas, and dark olive drab to replace everything else that's bright and shining, especially the head."

His good mood is halted by Fritz's admonishment and Celeine's scathing words. Jack seethes as he hears Celeine's words, and scowls further at Fritz's instructions to leave her alone. He nods curtly and salutes Fritz. "Yes sir," he grits out. He doesn't trust himself to say anything more. Even while angry, his salute is as crisp as the day he graduated from the Academy, and even though he's wearing a normal suit instead of Full Dress uniform, his back is ramrod straight, eyes level.

"Permission to be dismissed, Sir?"

Behind him, Clute is rubbing the bridge of his nose. His once-calem team is turning into a right bunch of problem children.
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
Psyden

Moving into the hallway is taking way to long. So Celeste pulls Celeine through the door way so it closes behind them, cutting off the scuff between either Celeine or Jack.

“Come, left’s get moving. I always loved the view of Von Braun from above.”

With that, she begins tugging Celeine towards the Observation Deck. With any luck, the other members of Team 3 won’t go looking for her there.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Gela -
- Sick Bay -

Capt. von Gyuden could tell Barrique was in obvious pain as he struggled to keep his breath while he talked. "Well, sir..it was all luck. Luck that I didn't get speared in the 'pit by one of those shots, ... luck that I managed to have a good tech crew under me ... that made my Nemo ‘something short’ of unwreckable, ... and a whole lotta luck that Bernard found me when he did,” Richard wheezed. The captain nodded and Norman added, "Well, Rich... I didn't think lying in bed like you are would be as taxing as running the Boston Marathon. Since that's the case, take a load off for a while, as it looks like I'm in charge by default until you can get your sorry arse into rehab and back into the cockpit of a Nemo."

Yurius smiled and commented, “Indeed. Ltjg. Applegate can handle your duties until you’re back on your feet. Until then your orders are to get some rest,”. As Al left the room behind them, another young man entered and announced, "Excuse me sirs, I hope I'm not interrupting ... Ensign Darren Traubel, sir, from Engineering. I was informed I was placed on emergency pilot status? I just thought I'd come check up on you and introduce myself, sir,”. Norman waved off the kid’s salute and responded, “Yeah, as far as we know you've been bumped to the active duty roster. Good to have you aboard, though I dunno how you expect to fight with a 9mm and a space suit out there against a couple of Hi-zacks and a Ally class. So, from the looks of things you shouldn't be in any hurry to get into combat, at least until we find something for you to blow up Titans with,”. Barrique piped up with some effort, “And, as far as I recall,... we only have one operational MS on this bucket anyhow. Maybe three... once Norman and Al's units get repaired. With you on board, at least that'll... bring us up to full combat capacity... again, when we get MS. Yuri,... any word on the status of the 4th as a whole? We didn't lose anyone did we?"

The captain looked Darren over and nodded in approval. “Yes, ensign, you’re being put on emergency pilot duty. I hate to take an officer out of my engineering section, but we need combat pilots,” von Gyuden said as he folded his hands behind his back, “As I understand it, you should do fine in a mobile suit,”. He turned back to Norman and Richard and frowned slightly. The captain shook his head and continued, “As far as our condition, our three remaining Nemos will be in fine shape with a few hours of hard work. Thankfully, I was told the 4th’s only casualty was a Lt. Dixon from the Hamburg. I believe we’re currently in formation to pursue the enemy,”.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

Capt. Loweno was contemplating taking his jacket off entirely to cool off when a voice from behind his chair announced, “Sir. Good day sir, I’m Ensign Pilot Jim Edwin Davidson sir, is there any order or task I am assign to now sir? Or any duties that I’m suppose to be doing sir? Or is there anything I am able to help out sir? Or should I go check on my mobile suit sir?” Loweno’s eyebrow went up and he settled on rolling his sleeves up as he left his chair to face Davidson. He had met all of the new pilots and was more or less used to his new team, but Ens. Davidson was still a bit of an enigma. “You can start by saying ‘sir’ less,” Loweno sighed as he removed his hat and started fanning himself again. He returned Jim’s salute and properly continued, “Ensign, you’re free to take some downtime until we go back on alert. I don’t want you men getting too rattled by combat, especially after losing Clay... Lt. Dixon so quickly. If you feel like doing something instead of lounging around, you can help the mechanics fix the ship. I’m headed back to the aft section in a few minutes myself,”.

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Michiko realized she was probably making Wes uncomfortable when he went silent. He finally said, "Don’t worry, we'll get the your home colony back... and we'll make the Titans pay. Echo's punishment is long overdue,". Michiko shivered slightly and said, “I just hope I’m there to see it...”.

Meanwhile, Sager was adding a few more chores to his mental list. "Thanks Chief," Jack said, “If it's not too much trouble, Chief, I'd like a modified version of the old standard colors. Black for armor, dark gray for the light gray areas, and dark olive drab to replace everything else that's bright and shining, especially the head,”. Sager rubbed his chin and said, “Eh, yeah. We don’t have any OD green, but I can use some flat gray for that,”. His thoughts were again interrupted when the nearest wall phone began jingling for attention. He floated over and found the captain on the other end. “Sager, we’ve got a job for you.”

- Hallway -

Fritz was still within earshot when Jack grunted “Yes sir. Permission to be dismissed, sir?,”. Fritz waved back at him, “Eh,” and continued on through the door the women had retreated into. He caught a glimpse of the two as they went around a corner headed for the observation deck. Fritz unzipped his normal suit far enough to let the top part trail behind him as he followed along. “I wandered around the Gela with a jacket over an undershirt for a while, what does it matter here? I just don’t have a jacket with me this time,” he grumbled as he began to regret not changing back into his uniform before leaving the hangar. Fritz closed in on the two women before they entered the observation deck. “Celeste, Celeine,” he called out.

- Bridge -

“Captain, Sager’s launch has left for the Hamburg. He’ll be towing that Hizack back on his return trip,” Jane called out from the comm station. “Sir, if they haven’t radically changed course, we’re roughly 2 ½ hours behind Echo,” Wade added his report. Abbey nodded and responded, “We’re close enough to pursue them without major problems. Keep us on course,”.

- The Thunderchild -
- Bridge -

Capt. Coates licked his pointer finger and turned the page of a book as he lounged in his command chair. The Thunderchild was on course and in formation, so the bridge was relatively quiet. “Sir, what is that you’re reading?” the helmsman asked. Coates sheepishly lowered the book and sat up straighter in his chair before answering, “It’s a book on modern tactics. I haven’t been in command of a warship in a while, so I thought I’d brush up,”. He frowned and quickly added, “And if you’re wondering, yes, I have commanded a ship in combat. And no, I’m not counting the battle that just concluded,”. The helmsman just laughed and turned back to his controls.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room -

After sneaking out of the bridge, Eddie had headed down to the sub-bridge with the intent of annoying Alan Roth, and to see what was going on with the ship. However, upon arriving, he found Roth was off duty, and so Eckardy had strolled up to the main ready room semi-intent on doing nothing.

He was still a good few meters from the room when the door opened and out came Cowboy, Ian and Roy. Eckardy grinned and greeted his team mates. "Hey kids, what's shaken'?"

The two former Zeon's grinned, Marvin rubbed his stomach, and Roy spoke. "Oh, not much. We stopped up here to do some quick stuff and we're gonna go get something to eat. Care to join us?"

Eddie nodded. "Why the f*** not." He waved his arm down the hall, "Lead on, ye mighty Zeon ace!"

Ian and Cowboy both chuckled, the former spoke. "Which?" He asked with a grin as they started down the hall. Eddie winced in exaggerated agony and grabbed at his chest. Ian continued to grin. "So I hear you were on Earth back in the day."

Eddie cocked an eyebrow. "So our lil' Cowboy has related some information about his commander?" He smacked the younger man on the back. "Yeah, but I think I was way over in Europe trying to kill your brethren."

Ian shook his head and chuckled again. "Well, those brethern of mine in Europe were idiots." They turned a corner and he turned to Grunwald, "You were closer than me, didn't you get into Europe once or twice?"

The man who once went by the name Greenwood gave a shrug. "Eh, not much. I spent most of the war in Africa. But I did get over there a few times after the war with my daughters. Amalia always loved to visit those places, but Rimia really didn't." His voice became a bit distant at the thought of his daughters.

Eddie nodded. "They back home?" He asked, even though he really didn't know where 'home' might be for Grunwald.

Roy nodded. "Yeah, both are in school back in Mua." He said evenly, using the name of the Side as opposed to it's designation. Once known as Side 4, that cluster of colonies was now known as Side 6, and the renumbering of Side 4, 5 and 6 was something that was still confusing, and annoying. "God, what I wouldn't give to be back there now."

Hamilton shrugged. "You know, we all volunteered to join the AEUG, right?" He said, his voice clearly showing his young age.

Roy patted the younger man on the shoulder. "Kid, it was no choice for me, or Ian, and I doubt either of you had much of a choice." Ian and Eddie both nodded in agreement. "The Titans became more active in my colony and you know how schools always have kids doing anti-government s***, and that got my daughters roped up in it. It was never that bad before, even when the Zabi's ran Side 3, and I can't stand by and let that crap happen."

They turned to approch the mess hall's doors and Ian took over. "And with those guys in the Republic siding with the Titan, an organization that's anti-Zeon..." He shook his head. "I mean... Jesus, they're basically giving those black and blue morons and extra disposable army. And even you Federation goons were never half as bad as they are." The doors opened and a man walked out. Eddie grinned.

"Hey Rothy, why'd you join the AEUG?"

Roth's eyes went wide. "F***, I don't remember. I just got sick of what the Titans were doing, and this offered a hell of a lot more money than I was making then. They just didn't tell me I might get killed or have to lead people." He said as he went past them and turned down another hall.

Eddie paused for a moment and shook his head. "I think he used to be on a freighter." He said with a grin as the entered the mess hall and went to get some food.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
jim1899

-The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

Capt. Loweno was contemplating taking his jacket off entirely to cool off when a voice from behind his chair announced, “Sir. Good day sir, I’m Ensign Pilot Jim Edwin Davidson sir, is there any order or task I am assign to now sir? Or any duties that I’m suppose to be doing sir? Or is there anything I am able to help out sir? Or should I go check on my mobile suit sir?” Loweno’s eyebrow went up and he settled on rolling his sleeves up as he left his chair to face Davidson. He had met all of the new pilots and was more or less used to his new team, but Ens. Davidson was still a bit of an enigma. “You can start by saying ‘sir’ less,” Loweno sighed as he removed his hat and started fanning himself again. He returned Jim’s salute and properly continued, “Ensign, you’re free to take some downtime until we go back on alert. I don’t want you men getting too rattled by combat, especially after losing Clay... Lt. Dixon so quickly. If you feel like doing something instead of lounging around, you can help the mechanics fix the ship. I’m headed back to the aft section in a few minutes myself,”.

“Yes Captain, ya the loss of Lt. Dixon really have send shock throughout the team, even if I haven’t been under his command for a long time, but he has been a great team leader. Sir, I will be at the aft section helping the mechanic fixing the ship. Thank for your conversation captain, I be excusing myself.” With that Jimmy salute the captain once again and leave the bridge and head toward where most mechanic are repairing the Hamburg due to the last battle. “Maybe after this, I better go check on my Nemo, just in case any damage is done to it.” With that Jimmy continue moving to the aft section.

-The Hamburg-
-Damage Section-

Jimmy arrives at the area, he was actually shock to see even with that kind of damage, the ship still function without much problem, he feels extra comfort to know this. He saw a mechanic was repairing one of the damage sectors, so he float to the mechanic and ask “Mechanic do you need hand in repairing?” Mechanic: “Will it be a trouble? I sure don’t want to get in trouble with the captain, he throw me of the ship if he find out I let one of his pilot do this sorts of heavy duty job and tired out his pilot? And even if I dare to do it, will you know how to do this sort of job.” Jimmy: “No problem pal, the captain have given me permission, and I also want to be useful around this ship, it no fun hanging around doing nothing, and I have also been trained to do this sort of job too, so I don’t see any problem in helping.” Mechanic: “Than I guess there nothing wrong in you helping out, than go grab some tools and join us, be happy having you around to help.” With that Jimmy instantly grabs some tools and start to do his job.
Wedge14

-The New Yark-
-Pan's Quarters-

Easily popping the back off the picture fram, Pan removed the picture of his sister's far from attractive kids. Tossing the old photo to where it would land on the floor. He slid in the picture of the Hizack Custom. He grinned at it. Admiring his handiwork, all the while he reached into his night table and pulled out a 26 oz bottle of bourbon.

Holding the two item's in his hand. He left his quarters stepping on the photograph inadvertently that lay upon his floor.

Pan made his way to wherever on a Sally K they deal with the shipping of small items.

"Hey kid....you think you could get these sent to the Gela....to ah uh Lt. Richard Barrique??......Yeah tell em Lt. Jay gee Heyden sent it over....Yep yep thank you!"

Pan smirked as he left. In a way it was a nice gesture, which it truly was. Given the current situation Pan wouldn't have any time to drink that stuff...and just having it there lying around would just tempt him....

The picture of the hizack getting away? That was just Pan trying to balance everything out.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Hangar--

It took awhile for her to respond after when Curren said. But after a few moments Michiko shivered slightly and said, "I just hope I’m there to see it..."

"Oh man... I probably said something wrong to make her even sadder..." Wes thought to himself. He didnt have this problem back in the EF military; the women in his squad were often very strong-willed and confident. Unfortunately, he just remembered that the AEUG wasnt quite a full-fledged military faction, but just a ragtag group of resistance fighters.

"You'll be there to see it... dont worry about it." Wes says to Michiko. He really wasnt having much luck with comforting women. That's why he usually tried to avoid such cases like these.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Big Zabowski

Von Guyden's account of the situation, to Richard's surprise, was better than he had previously surmised..

“As far as our condition, our three remaining Nemos will be in fine shape with a few hours of hard work. Thankfully, I was told the 4th’s only casualty was a Lt. Dixon from the Hamburg. I believe we’re currently in formation to pursue the enemy,”.

Again, Norman fit his new command position well by beating Richard to the punch.

"Hmm, so Clay Dixon kicked it like a bad habit? Sucks to be him, that's for sure. But then again, sucks for the Hamburg as well.. But hey, at least Ol' Richie here didn't end up like that, Right LT?"

As the interim CO spoke, Richard furrowed his brow, knowing well that Norman's status would take some getting used to, for the time being.. But on the bright side, Richard had rank..whatever that amounted to in this outfit.

"So..we have three operational Nemo for our ship. ....should work, and make things easier for old tasteless-bland-joke Applegate here.."

Richard paused a moment to catch his breath and get a handle on the stabbing pains that formed with each breath and word he spoke.

"Any word on a replacement Nemo for Darren..he's gonna need one in a pinch if he's to be of any use in the pilot roster.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Saosin

- Salamis Kai-class Gela -
- Sick Bay -

Darren listened intently to Captain Von Gyuden as he recounted the status of the Gela and the 4th as a whole. Lt. Barrique chimed in, taking a moment to poke fun at his quick-mouthed Ltjg.

"So..we have three operational Nemo for our ship. ....should work, and make things easier for old tasteless-bland-joke Applegate here... ...Any word on a replacement Nemo for Darren..he's gonna need one in a pinch if he's to be of any use in the pilot roster.."

The group's nonchalance towards Darren's earlier salute had given him the distinct impression that rank didn't exactly matter as much among pilots as it did in Engineering, where a strict hierarchy was needed to keep the section in check. Still, Darren was careful to allow a slight pause after the Lieutenant finished his question before he added his own.

"Also Captain, if the 4th is in formation to go after the enemy, do you know how long it will be til we begin pursuit?" Darren asked Von Gyuden, fighting the urge to finish each sentence with 'Sir'.
Last edited by Saosin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonton bob

- Hanger-

With the Gela being more or less "patched up" Bernard is perched on top of a crate watching the whirlwind of activity caused by the techs as they repair Norm and Al's Nemos. Since the simple problems were done long ago the techs have delved into areas beyond Bernard's knowledge of mobile suits and all he can do now is watch.
Once in awhile his eyes wonder over to Barrique's Nemo. It lies in a corner like a child's discarded toy. Bernard has seen wrecks like this after a battle but instead of a Nemo lying there an image seared in his mind of Zakus and Doms littering the battleground appear. Old ghosts have come back to haunt him it seems. Old ghosts that were once kept away with alcohol have now returned since being sober, war seems to have also brought back the nightmares and he knows this war will only get worse. Without realizing it, Bernard's left hand starts rubbing his neck.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Big Zabowski

-Sally Kai 'Gela'-
-Hangar-

Al floated down the hall, coming to an archway labled "Hangar: Deck 6". He paused momentarily, sticking what was left of his sandwich in his mouth before looking down and brushing the crumbs and wrinkles out of his AEUG vest. With a clearly audible 'gulp', he swallowed the bit of sandwich whole, causing a bit of a choking reflex and subsequent banging of his fist to his upper chest. Some random techs floated by, chuckling at the mishap that had befallen the young ensign. As they passed, Al gave a slight glare, before straightening up and heading through the archway.

With both hands on the railing, Al leaned out over the catwalk and watched as the technicians "buzzed", for lack of a better analogy" about his and Norman's Nemos. For the most part, Al's suit was an easy fix, as the shoulder's motor controls still functioning even with the appendage missing when he brought it aboard the Gelalabeled. By the time he had arrived in the hangar, they were already at work repainting the arm and shoulder.

For a moment, he pondered bugging the technicians into adding a variation of the patch he wore on his jacket, but decided against it for the time being. Scanning the rest of the deck, brought up the fammiliar form of Bernard Korbel, who was perched atop a cargo crate on the hangar floor. With a smile, Al vaulted over the railing and floated down toward Bernard's position. With a wave, he called out to the other Ensign.

"Hey, Bernie! How's it going!"

Al manged to grab ahold of a nearby crate and swing himself down to the floor level, before floating up to Bernard.

"The LT is awake, ya know. I was just popping in to check up on the Nemos whefamiliarn I saw you lounging around in here.. Why didn't you pay Rich a visit yet?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
wonton bob

- Hanger-

Unable to keep the horrifying images out, Bernard shuts his eyes to concentrate on memories of his brothers. It always brought him a certain peace in the past.

"Hey, Bernie! How's it going!" Al manged to grab a hold of a nearby crate and swing himself down to the floor level, before floating up to Bernard.

"Matthew?"

Oh, it's Al .. he'd be just a little older than you.

"The LT is awake, ya know. I was just popping in to check up on the Nemos whefamiliarn I saw you lounging around in here.. Why didn't you pay Rich a visit yet?"

"Don't like the way the infirmary smells. Besides I saw him after the Doc stabilized him. He doesn't seem to be the kind who talks a lot so I guess I didn't miss much."

you're too young to understand about the horrors of war, kid.

Bernard's eyes lock on Al's zeon rank badge pinned to his chest.

"Where'd you get the charm?"

Before Al could respond a crewman bounces over and hands a package to Bernard for Lt. Barrique. He explains it's from the New Yark's MS pilot Lt.jg. Heyden.

"Guess I'm destined to see him after all." Bernard muses as he kicks off toward the upper doors. "Later Al. Get some rest while you can, I don't think we're headed back to Von Braun."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Wedge14

Pan ducked into the hangar, and was greeted by Tibby. The kid was helping the mechanics with some routine maintenance. The New yark Nemo's came out quite clean from the recent battle so the mechanics had little work to do which they appreciated.

Pan gave the kid a sloppy wave and he fired back a text book salute. Pan just sighed as he walked past him. Thibault was hot on Pan's heels tho.

"Sir wait up a minute...."

Pan quickly pulled a 180. "Whats up kid? Lady troubles?"

"Uhhh no...I was wondering if you'd like to take part in a simulation with me...."

Pan's lips contorted to a tight smirk his face grew red as the energy inside him suddenly burst.

"GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!?!?" His powerful laugh rung out through the hangar. Catching a lot of stares from the mechanical crew.

The totally weirded out/embarrassed Thibault stood there in what may of been awe...or maybe it was fear.

"No time for games....Y'know the controls you get how the Nemo works....all the sims will do is ingrain bad habits and patters..."

Thibault just cocked his head to the left. He was formally under the idea that Pan was one of the saner individuals on board....but suddenly the man was dipping down to Ramon's level's of outrageousness, but he kinda made sense.

"You need to be organic...unpredictable..." Pan continued to add.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Psyden

Celeste spin around immediately, and is about to salute her superior officer when how he called her finally registered. Lt. Cdr. Ashyln addressed her by her first name and without rank, so this will probably be informal.

“Yes, sir? What may we do for you?”

She really hopes this doesn’t take too long, since it would be a shame to miss the view of Von Braun from the air. Hopefully, it didn’t take too much damage in the attack.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Wes took a moment to answer before saying, "You'll be there to see it... don’t worry about it,”. Michiko nodded. Not because she was sure he was right, but because it felt like the right response. She started to feel like she was making him uncomfortable, and somehow that made her smile slightly. She bobbed in place slightly thanks to the zero-G and said with a sly smile, “Thanks... You don’t talk to regular girls a lot, do you? Everyone told me I was too fragile during boot camp,”.

- Observation Deck -

“Yes, sir? What may we do for you?”.

Fritz came to a stop and his helmet bumped into the small of his back. His hands balled into fists as he simply admitted, “We’ll have plenty of time to discuss it later, but I wanted both of you to know that I found Nick, and for a moment it sounded like he wanted to listen to me. I was forced to pull back before I could accomplish anything. I’m sorry,”. For some reason accepting his failure to sway Nick or figure anything out on Celeste’s behalf stung more when he said it out loud. He wanted nothing more than a shower, a clean uniform and a cigarette.

- The Hamburg -
- Hangar -

When Sager landed the Dervish’s cargo launch on the Hamburg, he realized Capt. Loweno wasn’t joking about getting rid of the Titan mobile suit. As soon as his maneuvering jets shut off, the gutshot Hizack’s head slowly emerged from the Salamis Kai’s hangar. One of the ship’s Nemos, piloted by a mechanic no doubt, carefully carried the Hizack out of the ship and held it in place until the crew could secure it to tow lines on the launch. Sager pressed his helmet against one of the mechanics’ and said, “You guys work quick. Somebody tell the Gela I’ll be coming for Lt. Barrique’s Nemo in 15 minutes or so,”.

- The Gela -
- Sick Bay -

Norman was quick to respond to von Gyuden’s summary, "Hmm, so Clay Dixon kicked it like a bad habit? Sucks to be him, that's for sure. But then again, sucks for the Hamburg as well.. But hey, at least Ol' Richie here didn't end up like that, Right LT?". Richard frowned slightly and rasped, "So..we have three operational Nemo for our ship. ....should work, and make things easier for old tasteless-bland-joke Applegate here... Any word on a replacement Nemo for Darren? ...He's gonna need one in a pinch if he's to be of any use in the pilot roster,".

The captain nodded as he considered Barrique’s question, and Darren himself chimed in, "Also Captain, if the 4th is in formation to go after the enemy, do you know how long it will be til we begin pursuit?". The captain cracked his knuckles behind his back and answered, “Replacement Nemo? Not that I know of. Yours was quite thoroughly mangled, lieutenant. I caught a quick look and I can’t say I’m confident they can do anything with it other than strip what’s left for spare parts,”. He glanced over to Darren and continued, “You may be a pilot in title only until we come up with something for you to use. And,” he paused, looking down at his boots, “if I remember what a Salamis feels like, then that tremor in the deck means we’re already moving at something approaching pursuit speed,”. He straightened up and glanced at his wristwatch.

Before he could excuse himself, one of the junior medical techs stepped through the sick bay entrance holding his hand over the mouthpiece of a wall phone. “Captain, Chief Bergsel needs you,” he said, holding the phone out. Von Gyuden nodded politely to the group of pilots clustered around their injured leader and said, “If you’ll excuse me, gentlemen,” before turning crisply away and taking the phone.

“Go ahead, Jackson,” he answered. The surly helmsman’s voice wrestled its way through the line, “Captain, Chief Polk has contacted us and says he can take Lt. Barrique’s Nemo and give us back a useable mobile suit,”. That certainly raised an eyebrow. Von Gyuden responded, “By all means, Mr. Bergsel, give him what he wants. If half of what I’ve heard about Sager is true, he’s going to take that hulk of wreckage and give us back a Gundam,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Hangar--

Michiko seemed to be brightening up a bit after a little awhile, much to Curren's relief. Before long, she was bobbing up and down slightly and said, "Thanks... You don’t talk to regular girls a lot, do you? Everyone told me I was too fragile during boot camp." Her demeanor was cheery now... evident on her sly smile.

Wes chuckled a bit, reminiscing on his younger days chasing mini-skirts and pretty faces back in high school. The good days... when war had been almost nonexistent and he was bored with life and seeking things to make it more interesting. As if on cue, this brought about a lot of old memories before and during the OYW in a quick flash.

He thought about it a bit before replying, "You're right. I've had much better luck back in school. But after graduating, I enlisted and was shuffled into a world where the women are usually tough-as-nails so that they can prove themselves capable of fighting a war.

"When they broke down, though, I couldnt do anything. I never did anything, since my CO would handle that so we didnt have to deal with them personally. I guess you can blame that fact as to why I'm uncomfortable when talking to regular girls.

"But I guess all I can say really is that it's not bad if you're fragile, and it's not good to repress your thoughts or feelings." he then finished.

OOC: Well.... I guess that's the last post before I'm off for about 10 days.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
jim1899

- The Hamburg -
- Damage Section-

Jimmy was working on the repairs of the ship with the other mechanics when one mechanic come in and say to me, “We need your help to pilot the Nemo to place the Hi Zack onto the ship that going to transfer it to the Gela and wait for us to secure it, our normal mechanic who are responsible for moving cargo with Nemo are currently unavailable, will you help us?” Jimmy hear what the mechanic are saying and think for a while than “Sure, it make me happy to be able to provide service to you.” With that Jimmy tell the mechanic crew that he is helping about he needed to go to the hanger than quickly follow the other mechanic to the hanger.

- The Hamburg -
- Hanger-

Mechanic: “Ok, you can use your own Nemo for this job, your job are to move the Hi Zack and place it on Dervish’s cargo launch, and wait for us to secure it. Jimmy: “Ok, I do my best.” With that Jimmy jump into his Nemo and activate the Nemo system “Ok, I on this and this and activate this thing over here and I’m done I guess, now I should move my Nemo near the Hi Zack I guess and hold it on the shoulder and move it.” With that the Nemo became online and slowly move toward the badly damage HiZack, Jimmy first place his Nemo hand and grip on the shoulder pad of the Hi Zack that are secure for the Nemo to move it. He slowly move to the cargo launch of the Dervish’s and place it on the pad and wait for the mechanic to secure it. Than he heard someone shouting “You guys work quick. Somebody tell the Gela I’ll be coming for Lt. Barrique’s Nemo in 15 minutes or so,” Jimmy wonder why they need to bring in the broken Nemo, that could use it to repair the HiZack but who is he to complain, it his officer decision. He waited for the sign from the mechanic that the HiZack is secure, than he move toward the pad where his Nemo are originally place. “Maybe I should stay in here for a while, tweak my Nemo to see if it possible to increase it movement or performance, like that I stand a better chance of surviving in the battlefield.
Folken Fanel

Vantz wandered the halls of the Chuikov, wondering why he hadn't seen any of the other pilots in awhile. He needed someone to talk to about his...problem.

Ever since the battle, Vantz hadn't been able to get back into a mobile suit, even a simulator. The very thought of piloting a Nemo made him vomit. Needless to say, this made Vantz nothing more than useless waste. Hence why he hadn't told anyone. Still, he thought that if he could talk to another pilot, they might be able to help him.

He walked into the pilot's lounge, and nobody was there. He slumped down on the couch and tried to fix the problem himself. Several minutes and a new garbage bag later, he was trying to keep his hands from shaking long enough to open a bottle of water to get the taste of vomit out of his mouth.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Gambit01

Celeine gripped tightened once again on Celeste (she would really need to apologize later) and sighed.

"If he seemed like he would listen, then maybe next time you will get him," she tried to sound up-beat even as disapointment betrayed her voice.

"Thank you, Fritz," Celeine said, meaning it.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
The Big Zabowski

Yuri cracked his knuckles behind his back, an audible "ker-pop" broke the silence before Yuri followed up with his own, “Replacement Nemo? Not that I know of. Yours was quite thoroughly mangled, lieutenant. I caught a quick look and I can’t say I’m confident they can do anything with it other than strip what’s left for spare parts,”.

He glanced over to Darren and continued, “You may be a pilot in title only until we come up with something for you to use. And,” he paused, looking down at his boots, “if I remember what a Salamis feels like, then that tremor in the deck means we’re already moving at something approaching pursuit speed,”. He straightened up and glanced at his wristwatch.

Richard sighed weakly, knowing full well that his stunt now left the Gela with three usable pilots. Somehow he had a feeling that it was going to be a long time before he saw the inside of a Nemo, and it could be the same for young Darren. Little did he know that his thought about the inside of a Nemo, couldn't be further from the truth.

As Yuri turned to leave, a junior medical techs poked half a body though the sick bay entrance, while holding his hand over the mouthpiece of a wall phone situtated just outside the door. “Captain, Chief Bergsel needs you,” he said, holding the phone out. Von Gyuden nodded politely to the group of pilots clustered around their injured leader and said, “If you’ll excuse me, gentlemen,” before turning crisply away and taking the phone.

“Go ahead, Jackson,” Yuri answered.

“Captain, Chief Polk has contacted us and says he can take Lt. Barrique’s Nemo and give us back a useable mobile suit,”.

Yuri's eyebrows gave some indication to the pilots that something vastly surprising had overcome the captain, who responded, “By all means, Mr. Bergsel, give him what he wants. If half of what I’ve heard about Sager is true, he’s going to take that hulk of wreckage and give us back a Gundam,”.

Richard practically mimiced the captain's face when he heard the words "Wreckage" and "Gundam". Norman simply quirked a somewhat jealous brow. Was Yuri being serious? The Cheif on the Dervish was going to build a Gundam Class MS?

Yeah..Right.. not in a million years. But, it didn't hurt to ask the captain, which Norman, who seemed to now be getting better at his interim job, did before Richard could open his dry mouth.

"Captain, did we hear you right, or are am I going deaf from all of Richard's incessant whining? Polk on the Dervish is going to build us a Gundam class? You're kidding right? I mean..."

Richard didn't want to interupt the new CO, because, for once in the short time he had known the man, Norman was actually speechless..either from jealousy..or something else..

But probably jealousy. And the rare squirming he was doing right now, made Richard's day.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)