Episode 13 - Decisions, Decisions [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 13 - Decisions, Decisions [4th]

((All AEUG players please continue posting in this thread.))
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- Salamis Kai-class Gela -
- Bridge -

Praying for some down-time to get some things done, Bernard walks in wearing his last clean uniform. This is not part of the ship he would like to be in at the moment but it's the only place to get some information.

He has never visited the bridge before nor met it's crew and captain. Bernard spots SCPO. Jackson talking with another captain on the view screen.

Is that the big cheese? And why is he asking the bridge crew for an opinion. What exactly is going on around here?

Without disturbing the scene, Bernard takes a side step away from the crew and stands near the corner waiting for any news about returning back to Von Braun.
Last edited by wonton bob on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Goose

"Okay Boss, see you in the mess hall," says Jack. "I'm gonna check on my Rick Dias." He floats off towards the mechanics nearby, and quickly gets a rundown of the damage; it looks as if they can have him back to 100% soon. He also explains to the mechanics what he has in mind for his custom low-vis colors; the crew chief listens, and then gives him his reply.

"Well, Sir, I can understand your point," he says, looking up at the Rick Dias. "Red ain't the best color in space if you wanna stay hidden. We'll fix up the suit first, but it'll take a day or so to repaint your suit. What about authorisation?"

"I'll worry about that, Chief," says Jack. "I'm the designated marksman on this tin can, so I'll get the authorisation. You just go ahead and fix 'er up and do the painting. I'll take the flak." Conversation completed, he floats back to Team Three.

"Celeste, can I talk to you for a moment?"
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
Psyden

First, Clute lets Marakado off easily after disobeying a direct order, which means he effectively negates anything she could have said. Now, Jack wants to talk. There has been friction between them over a particular subject, which this conversation will likely be about. She brings her left arm across her chest and supports her right elbow while bring her fist to her forehead. Celeste only holds this position for a few seconds before looking back towards Jack.

“Alright. Fine. Let’s talk.”

She shows no sign of moving from her current position.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Goose

"Alright. Let's talk."

Jack nods to Celeste, and says softly, "What's going on between you, that reporter girl, that captured Titans pilot and the tigerstripe Titans suit? Does he have some sort of hold over you and your parents?"

It's a shot in the dark, but historically, the reason people act weird is often due to their family....

Sensing the need for slight privacy, Clute pulls Jacob away from Jack and Celeste, and then, where there's less people around, says, "Alright, Jacob. Care to explain what you were thinking, going off half-cocked like that? I want to hear what you have to say first. My style isn't a public examination. You're free to talk, Jacob, and I suggest that you give me a good explanation for your actions. We aren't on Captain Loweno's ship anymore."
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Hangar--

Wes floated over to Michiko, curious as to what was going exactly as he saw a frustrated Fritz float over to the Zeke. He had a bone to pick with MacAlpin as well, but he'll save that for later. Slim Jim will pay for being a coward and ditching him when they were behind enemy lines.

But now onto the question: what was up with Fritz? Perhaps Michiko would know, since she's pretty much the closest with him since she is his wingman/woman.

"Hey, Michiko. What's up with Fritz...?" Curren asks, "He doesnt look to be in the best mood..."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Psyden

Celeste merely looks Jack in the face for moment before answer. Had he asked that question before they arrived at Von Braun, he’d’ve hit the nail on the head. As it stands now, the situation has changed.

“My parents have nothing to do with it,” anymore, “and as for Ed, Nick, and Celeine, you’ll have to take that up with Lt.Cmdr. Ashyln. He’s the intelligence officer.”

After saying this, Celeste crosses her arms, as if daring Jack to continue…

Goose

Jack raises an eyebrow at Celeste, and cocks his head to the side, almost seeing a short pause between statements...

So her parents were threatened but not anymore? Hmmm. That's a hunch. I suppose I'll raise the possibility with Clute and Lt. Commander Ashlyn. Something was bugging her...

"I just wanted to know if there was anyhting I could do to help," he says simply. "You weren't really doing so well a few days ago. Furthermore, I've been thinking, and I think there is some sort of connection between you and Nick the tigerstriped - if anything, your knowledge of his name. I won't hold it against you, and I don't want to pry too much, Celeste, but I would like you to know that if you wish, I am always willing to listen to your problems." He smiles depreciatingly, and adds, "Well, I'm f***ed up in the head myself, so it'll be the blind leading the blind, but two heads are better than one, no?"

Taking another look at the Rick Diases of Team Three, Jack sighs and looks sadly at Celeste.

"Look, we're all in this together, Celeste. It doesn't matter that you're an ace, that you're the Pearl of the Shoal and all that. What matters is the here and now, and here and now, you're Celeste of Team Three, and if there's anything wrong, please don't hesitate to come to me or Clute. That's what we're all here for: to help each other to grow through our struggles. Don't try to handle it all on your own; you'll just bottle up the pressure until you burst, like what I did."

He put all the sincerity he has into his words, willing her to listen to him.
Gambit01

Celeine removed herself from the bridge, not wanting to get in the middle of some contest between the captain and the beuracrat. Besides, she needed to first, check and see if Celeste was okay. Second, see if either she or Fritz found Nick. A long shot, to be sure, but Fritz did say it was the same Taskforce...

This whole trip's been a shot in the dark, Celeine laughed bitterly as she made her way to the hanger.

So obsorbed in thought, she almost didn't realize that she made it...

Wait a minute, who the hell is that?

...only to see Celeste being acousted by some other pilot.

"What's going on between you, that reporter girl, that captured Titans pilot and the tigerstripe Titans suit? Does he have some sort of hold over you and your parents?"

“My parents have nothing to do with it,” anymore, “and as for Ed, Nick, and Celeine, you’ll have to take that up with Lt.Cmdr. Ashyln. He’s the intelligence officer.” Celeste replied, crossing her arms in an easily readable 'this-is-not-a-topic-open-for-discussion.

You go girl...wait, did Nick...do something about her parents? No, he wouldn't.....would he?

"I just wanted to know if there was anyhting I could do to help," he says simply. "You weren't really doing so well a few days ago. Furthermore, I've been thinking, and I think there is some sort of connection between you and Nick the tigerstriped - if anything, your knowledge of his name. I won't hold it against you, and I don't want to pry too much, Celeste, but I would like you to know that if you wish, I am always willing to listen to your problems." He smiles depreciatingly, and adds, "Well, I'm f***ed up in the head myself, so it'll be the blind leading the blind, but two heads are better than one, no?"

"Look, we're all in this together, Celeste. It doesn't matter that you're an ace, that you're the Pearl of the Shoal and all that. What matters is the here and now, and here and now, you're Celeste of Team Three, and if there's anything wrong, please don't hesitate to come to me or Clute. That's what we're all here for: to help each other to grow through our struggles. Don't try to handle it all on your own; you'll just bottle up the pressure until you burst, like what I did."

What am I, chopped liver?! Where was he when she was on the verge of a nervous break-down!!!?!

"There are five things," Celeine announced with a lot of self-importance, "That women hate more then anything. You sir, are obviously all of them wrapped in one."

Snaking an arm around Celeine's, she motioned to pull the other woman away, though not with quite the force that it would take to tug her along. Celeste would come if she wanted, or settle this now; her choice.
Last edited by Gambit01 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Eddie strolled onto the bridge of his ship with his usual grin on his face, which promptly faded as he saw Gates, remembering that the 4th's sponsor was still around. Although Eckardy had never actually met the man personally, he'd seem him around a few times, he disliked the overly rich man for a number of reasons, both serious and silly. Eckardy recovered almost instantly, his grin returning, as he walked over to Carl Abbey's command chair. Along the way, he winked at Jane, who smiled and shook her head, and ignored Maximillian.

Eddie came to the right of the command chair and gave the Captain an informal, two-fingered salute. "Hey sir, I got some stuff to report. My team is all fine, we didn't take any damage, but we did spot something interesting when we hit the Titan formation. They had some Musai type ships with'em." Eckardy reported quickly.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
King Monkey

Jacob watches Jack and Celeste draw away with furrowed brow. He knows there's more going on around here than he understands. For a bit, he wonders if perhaps Jack and Celeste's relationship goes deeper than just teammates. Before Celeine arrives, however, his attention goes fully to his commanding officer.

The furrow on his usually smooth brow doesn't fade though and he cocks his head to the side. "I'm afraid I don't understand sir. I know I should have waited for you to give the command to go forward, but I don't feel that I went off half-cocked.

"Our orders were to defend the fleet and I saw one of the ships of the fleet being attacked. I won't claim to be an expert on tactics, far from it, I know I'm just a toddler when it comes to that sort of thing, but from what I could see, no one was doing anything to stop that Mobile Suit Team.

"If we have to wait for direct orders to tell us exactly what to do, and don't expect any independent thought from us, they might as well fill the cockpits with computers...or Titan pilots."
The Big Zabowski

"Barrique, you loose, yet again. Royal flush! Looks like I cleaned you out.. Why don't you go back to those books and scriptures and...see where ya went wrong."

"Yeah Rich, give us a break and come back when you CAN play decent poker. You may be the smarter of us..but you still can bluff in front of a blind man."

"Rrg.."

Richard let out a grunt as he shifted slightly in the bed he was..confined to, at least for the duration of this craptastic recovery. He had bandages galore about his face, eyes, and other places that he couldn't make out with his still blurred vision. "That konk to the noggin must've knocked something loose", he mused to himself as he tried to look to his sides to better make out his surroundings.

And then there was that stabbing pain thing..yeah.

"Shhhheeee..AH! ....damnit."

He sucked in heavily as the shooting pain from his collar bone registered in his brain, and soon found another pain registering from the broken ribs, as they flexed slightly with the rise and fall of his chest.

He could only furrow his brows, eyes squinting as he mulled over his condition..this was going to be a long recovery indeed.

-----

Norman and Al floated down the hall, one after the other on the customary grippers toward the sick bay, hoping to get a glimpse of their battered "Fearless Leader". With a clicking noise, the brakes on the grippers activated to slow them down as they reached their destination..obviously those gripers were one more thing that the techs would have to inspect. Maybe on the next overhaul..

Norman didn't think twice and floated in on his own, touching down onto the floor of the sickbay with a scuffing noise. Arms at his hips, he cocked a brow at his commanding officer who, for all intents and purposes was awake and responsive, though having a hell of a time with his injuries.

Pansy.

"Well, now I told you that going up against the Death Star with a flying cardboard box wasn't going to do you any good...but nooooo, you didn't listen to old Norman."

Al could only chuckle as he poked his head in the doorway, slightly jittery and nervous at seeing Richard in the condition he was in. Things like these brought back terrible memories..

Speaking of which, the thought of those memories soon brought a somber look to his face as he pulled his head from the room and leaned against the outer wall, fists clenched and eyes directed to the floor. The notion of going in there and facing Richard in that condition was really tough for the kid..but he did tell Richard that he was over that stuff.

Was he? It'd been 7 years now.. Bernie..Chris..

"Humph" huffed Al as he spun around and pushed himself quite quickly into the sickbay, only to hurtle into a cart that had been inexplicably placed in his path. The subsequent crash did well enough, though, to announce the rookie pilot's entrance.

"GAK!"

Norman, of course, face palmed at the sight of Al crashing into the cart and kicked over to his side to hoist him back into an upright and manageable position.

Richard, hearing the young pilots voice and that of his XO did well enough to raise the commander's spirits, causing a weak chuckle to escape his lips.

Norman could only konk the younger pilot on the head with a vertical pound of the fist to his head, causing Al to falter once more.

"Al, and what did I tell you about trying to ride the carts down the hall. You need to strap JATO's to those things for full effect..idjit"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Goose

"If we have to wait for direct orders to tell us exactly what to do, and don't expect any independent thought from us, they might as well fill the cockpits with computers...or Titan pilots."

Clute raises an eyebrow at that statement, but doesn't say anything for a moment, collecting his thoughts. Then he begins his quiet chewing out of Jacob.

"Ever since the days of fighter pilots on 20th century Earth, pilots have always been on the sharp end of the stick," he begins. "It's been our role since history to be the attack dogs of a fleet, the people who sweep clear a path. We have the greatest discretion awarded to any member of a military force... after our leashes have been released.

"Jacob, whether we did the right thing or not, we listen to orders for a reason. What if the Dervish was going to fire at those suits, and you rushed into the path of her beams and missiles? The reason we deploy with orders is so that the combat controllers can organise everybody - because in a mass furball, the better-coordinated side has a better chance of victory.

"Furthermore, Jacob, there is another reason we have orders. Do you know why each mobile suit team has a leader?" Clute goes on, without stopping: "It's because in these situations, it's not your call. It's the leader's call. My call. Jacob, what if they'd turned the tables on us? What if Jack and Celeste had gotten killed? Could you handle their deaths? Could you handle the burden of their lost lives?

"Jacob, this is why I wanted you to wait. Whether we should have gone out or not was my call, because I'm the team leader, and I'm the guy who takes the flak when the shit hits the fan. And even though you'll probably be reprimanded for this, the brass will chew me out even more. Why? Because I'm responsible for all of us in Team Three."

He takes a deep breath, and says, "Think about that, Jacob. Are you ready to accept the responsibility that comes with every decision that you make? Are you ready to accept the responsibility to your subordinates? Are you willing to accept the fact that with each sortie, someone may die? Can you sit in your office and write letters of condolence to the families of pilots who've died following your commands?"

He pauses, and waits for Jacob's reply.
Wedge14

Why in sam hell did he put his cigarettes in his quarters? Why not in his locker in the ready room?

Pan was getting irritable. It had been a while since he caught a quick break and managed to sneak one during the fight, but now he found himself frantically wishing the grippers on these things where faster.

Eventually he made it to his quarters...grabbing his smokes off his desk, he pulled his zippo from his pocket.

It was a nice lighter...it was a commemorative one that was given to him when he was discharged. It was kind of an insult in a way, but he liked it. It had the classic EFF logo engraved into the side. It was pretty much the only thing he kept from his military career.

That was a damn shame too, had he kept his rank badges...perhaps it would of been more incentive of the AEUG to let him serve as a full LT. Nah that sounded like too much work.

He couldn't help but grin as he put his feet up on his table as he sat in his chair.

But it faded when his thoughts turned to how good a cigar would be right now.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
King Monkey

Though Jacob's jaw is set pugnaciously and he doesn't look Clute in the eye, he listens quietly to everything his commanding officer has to say. His eyes remain somewhere on the wall behind the man's legs.

"I'm pretty sure I'm far more likely to be the one who's killed," he says quietly. "But I realize that I could drag the rest of the team into trouble as well.

"I didn't think about the possibility of the Dervish firing and there was plenty of friendly fire damage out there. I guess I did act too rashly.

"The last thing I want to do is get any of my friends killed or watch them die. That's why I went out. I couldn't watch the Hamburg get destroyed when there was a good chance we could save it."

He looks up slowly until he meets Clute's gaze. "I'm sorry I endangered the Team, sir and I'm sorry if I got you in trouble because of it. I'll be more careful in the future."
Goose

Clute exhales and shakes his head.

"Kid, I respect your guts. I was itching to head out there and fight; I have friends on the Hamburg too. But it isn't a matter of carefulness, it's a matter of responsibility. I know you meant well, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. All I'm saying is, before you do something like that, ask me first, okay?"

He looks intently at Jacob, and says, "I hope there won't be a next time, Jacob. Please don't act on your own again; clear it with me first, okay?"
Psyden

As Celeste allows Celeine pull her away from Jack, she says one last parting thing to him before focusing on Celeine.

“It doesn’t concern the Team, Jack, or you. If it did, I would have told you already…”

She wants to add more, but to do so would be to reenter the conversation.

As the distance between her and him grows ever wider, she turns towards her companion and asks:

“Hey Celeine… What are those five things you were talking about…?”

Unfortunately, a girl who grows up with only guys doesn’t always know what sort of generalities that other women supposedly share.

Goose

"There are five things," Celeine announced with a lot of self-importance, "That women hate more then anything. You sir, are obviously all of them wrapped in one."

Jack's response was to lean back, and shakes his head with some amusement. "Yeah, that's what my ex told me the first time we met at Solomon, right before she tried to fill my Sniper Custom with 90 milimeter holes." He cocks an eyebrow and pushes off to follow them.

"You must be the reporter. I'm Lieutenant Jack David, XO of Team Three, designated marksman for Dervish. Also semi-famous as the guy who had a bit of a breakdown a few days ago... and the guy who spent the first several days on this ship lost. So, Miss Celeine, may I know what the connection between yourself, Celeste, and Nick is? Because if he has some sort of vendetta against Celeste or my team, I need to know about it... and take steps to ensure the safety of my comrades. Char's feud with Amuro got a lot of people killed, afterall. Our best chances of staying alive will come from having clear heads - and I realise this the hard way after that breakdown I had. Ah, the things years of bottling up regrets, emotions and angst will do to you. 'specially when your girlfriend dumps you for a a meme, a living concept."

Turning to Celeste, he says, "It does concern me, Celeste. My breakdown and deliberate ignoring of my mental state left us in a less than ideal position... especially since we'll have to deal with Sato and her friends here. I don't know what's going on, Celeste, but it's affecting you. And that means that it will affect the team." Raising his hand, and opening and closing his fist, he says, "We're like the fingers of a fist, seperate entities that form a coherent whole. What affects one entity affects all others. It's a corollary to the 'Stand Alone Complex'."
Cardi Doorl

- Salamis Kai-class Chuikov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

It could've been worse, supposed Lt. Jonas Anderson.

Chuikov Team hadn't exactly been stunning out there; even with support from three other Nemos (Jonas shuddered once again when remembering how that hammer-and-sickle Marasai slaughtered them, but didn't dewll on it) they'd been stalled indefinitely by just two Titan mobile suits, both of which were able to retreat alive. Not to mention one member of the team took a beating and even lost his beam rifle in the process.

Important, though, was that despite the hardship everybody had made it through the team's first sortie alive, even the greenhorns. On a team's first mission, that was most important, especially when half the team was seeing combat for its first time. Next time they sortied, they would surely acheive more tangible results.

Still in his pilot suit, though unhelmeted, Jonas entered the pilot break room. He needed a quick breather before getting back into the routine of duty. Probably needed to check up on the two rookies as soon as possible and see how a taste of real combat had affected them.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
King Monkey

Jacob draws up to attention, the military training still strong in the young man. There is a glint of pride in his eyes at Lt. Tideland's praise. "Yes sir. From now on, I will ensure that I have proper permission from the chain of command before acting in a combat situation."

Coming out of someone else's mouth the words probably would have sounded sarcastic. Coming from Jacob, they were honest, if a little ridiculous.

"I really didn't mean to put anyone in more danger, Sir."