Unofficial Gundam Unicorn Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

just found this off of /m/
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
EZero8

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:just found this off of /m/
Me, 2 pages ago wrote:You're talking about this right? 8)
Ninja'd...? :P :P :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Duo

EZero8 wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:just found this off of /m/
Me, 2 pages ago wrote:You're talking about this right? 8)
Ninja'd...? :P :P :P

Actually Yuu's link is the same as this EZero8...
DarkUnicorn, Last Page, 10th post wrote:The technique file of RX-0 Unicorn
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
EZero8

Oh crap... quoted the wrong post... I've posted that image elsewhere and got myself confused. Yeah, DarkUnicorn posted it first in this thread. :? *sits in the corner with a dunce cap on yet again*
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
razgriz

ok seriously the unicorn is a bad*** enough looking suit, not like the most baddest*** but still it had a very simple, elegant, mean look to it. it kinda reminds me of the tallgeese one. i liked the monochromatic-ness of it, but to gundam-ize the face and possibly even more of it, its just not bad*** just bad. :cry: btw that is one light ms, only 23 tons, thats like wing gundam like weight.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ravager

Wow... this is one Katoki Design melikes! Sleek and stylish!
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
toysdream

Here's the description from the new issue of Gundam Ace...
RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
A pure white MS produced by the "UC Project," part of the Federation Space Force's reorganization plan. The entire movable frame of this experimental machine forms a psyco-frame, and its responsiveness is incredibly high. It also incorporates a special "Laplace Program" OS and a system known as "NT-D." When NT-D is activated, the internal frame expands and the entire figure is transformed. In the process, the armor separates along its seams, and slides are released. A red glow can be seen where the internal frame is exposed by the gaps in the armor, and this is believed to be a psyco-frame luminescence phenomenon. The machine's performance, in particular its mobility, is dramatically increased when NT-D is active.
Gosh. Strike Freedom envy, anyone?

-- Mark
Folken Fanel

Seems that way, yeah. This thing is starting to have way too many gimmicks for my taste.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Wingnut

toysdream wrote:Gosh. Strike Freedom envy, anyone?
I was thinking Shining Gundam super mode myself, but it does seem to be getting slightly over the top here.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Its still not too silly as of yet..lets hope it doesnt shoot wings of light from its back or sumin
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Aegis

Pretty much figured that behind its plain appearance that the thing was gonna be stronger than it looks. All things considering, even with its SEED-like qualities, what, with its glowing frame, OS, and that whole reaction profile, or that 'Shining Gundam' transformation, it's still not all that silly or overbearing IMO. Give it some more time and we'll see just how that machine truly performs.
Genocide

The machine does seem pretty loaded to me. Its entire frame forms a Psycoframe, making it basically an upgraded base Nu Gundam on its own. It also has this "Laplace Program", which if its name is to be taken literally, might work like the Zero System. And then there's its Hyper Mode. Of course, the glowing effect is somewhat believable since Nu Gundam and Sazabi were seen with the green luminescence effect from their cockpit areas. Hopefully they'll kick up the machine's competition so it doesn't seem so over powered plotwise. But regardless, a lot of it seems unecessary to me - especially having two specialized support systems.
Ravager

I'm having SF envy here.

Since when does an MS from the UC era have an OS that deserves special mention? That's soooooo SEED!
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Phantomexe87

Ravager wrote:I'm having SF envy here.

Since when does an MS from the UC era have an OS that deserves special mention? That's soooooo SEED!
Look up Gundam Sentinel.
Ravager

That's ALICE, an A.I. which is in the same category as the bio-computer, bio-sensor, psycommu, psycoframe and learning computer. Not the same thing as SEED OS.
J-Lead

Well, seeing as ALICE had artificial personality and skill, and that it pretty much helped make up for Root's lack of skill in combat, I think it deserves more of a mention than most other MS OS/electronic features out there in general, leveling up there with the the Zero System, and surpassed only by the MTS. :P
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
latenlazy

It's because the idea of defining the OS wasn't established until SEED came. I'm sure from this point forth the OS will be mentioned often in many, and possibly every Gundam franchise.
J-Lead

Well, not to stat the obvious, but OS is short for Operating system, and every MS before SEED had to have one, it was just never mentioned, or was always referred to as the "computer," as in, "Let the computer handle all the complicated stuff, you just concentrate on shooting and not getting shot." However, either way, the program that the "computer" itself uses is it's "Operating system."

The only reason SEED wanted to enunciate on the term "OS" is because the wanted to use the G.U.N.D.A.M. acronym to describe the said "OS" in a needlessly complicated machine description (and to show that Kira is uber smart and can reprogram it, but that's just just my anti-kira mentality speaking. :P ) I guess the KISS principal doesn't exist in CE anymore (Keep It Simple Stupid for those who aren't familiar.)
wing zero alpha

Ravager wrote:Since when does an MS from the UC era have an OS that deserves special mention? That's soooooo SEED!
EXAM System anyone?

It even has its own special start up sequence with a flashing red screen and the infamous "EXAM SYS-TEM STAND-BY!"
That's ALICE, an A.I. which is in the same category as the bio-computer, bio-sensor, psycommu, psycoframe and learning computer. Not the same thing as SEED OS.
Not after all the technical spam that's been written up on it.
J-Lead wrote:I guess the KISS principal doesn't exist in CE anymore (Keep It Simple Stupid for those who aren't familiar.)
Since when is anything simple in Gundam tech (UC, CE or otherwise)?
J-Lead

wing zero alpha wrote:EXAM System anyone? It even has its own special start up sequence with a flashing red screen and the infamous "EXAM SYS-TEM STAND-BY!"
I guess it would be, but it's right up there with the Zero system in the "Onboard pilot-enhancing system that is potentially dangerous both to the pilot and his friendly forces" group. ALICE, on the other hand, is totally safe to have onboard. In fact, she'd probably save your life once or twice. :)

wing zero alpha wrote: Since when is anything simple in Gundam tech (UC, CE or otherwise)?
Actually, the cockpit set-up on UC mobile suits (and most AU's as well) is almost always very simple:

- Simple HUD with crosshairs that align when locked on to a target, (it gets even simpler with the introduction of 360 degree cockpit displays, it seems.)

- An OS that doesn't need a genetically enhanced human to be able to comprehend it.

- Simple control setup that a 15 year old can somewhat comprehend by skimming through a manual in the heat of a warzone. (Though some will like to say that "it's because he's a newtype!!!!", when they first got in the cockpits, their newtype powers usually haven't been tapped into yet.)

When it comes to CE, the controls look frighteningly complex: there are a million windows flashing by information so quick that no one can read it correctly, and the OS literally had to be modified so that naturals could even begin to understand it. It's enough to give a person ADD...