VR7's New Artwork Thread

The place to share your artwork.
VR7

VR7's New Artwork Thread

I borked all the links in my old thread, so there's no point in reviving that.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49337608/

Here's my DeviantID as of Feb. 21, 2007.
Last edited by VR7 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-noel
VR7

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50593303/

I thought I'd try my hand at redesigning Ardor again. It isn't much since it's still a WIP, and I'm trying to work out the proportions so that I get an ideal shape before I start filling in all the details. You guys can feel free to make suggestions.

I'll also reiterate, for those that don't know, that this is the main character's personal mecha in my comic.
-noel
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Wow, that machine looks like a cross between a Kamen Rider, and a Gundam. I love it! 8)
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
VR7

That's actually kind of funny, considering I never looked at any Kamen Rider images for reference...
-noel
Medevil_blader

Hm, looks great. I think you could put on some sort of backpack attachment, thrusters, or wings on it.
"I will survive!!!!!" - Heero Yuy
"But if I run straight I'll run into trees!" -Random Federation GM Pilot
"Run around them you idiot!" -Kai Shiden, Guncannon Pilot
VR7

Remake for the Nth time but I thought I'd post it anyway

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/523 ... ort%3Atime

See what happens when you take a University-level drawing class that lasts 2-3 months.
-noel
Josh

Re: Remake for the Nth time but I thought I'd post it anyway

VR7 wrote:See what happens when you take a University-level drawing class that lasts 2-3 months.
A+ quality work that's what happens.
VR7

I think I'm pretty much done.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49337368/

Note that this may look like the link to the original one, but it will most likely be subject to change depending on how much my art improves, etc.

Now I should start getting around to colouring Ardor and drawing some more stuff, (preferably something new) though I have one more exam coming up next week. :P
-noel
VR7

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54368883/

If anyone ever wonders about my comic, no I haven't forgotten about it.

Here's a character design of Geopelia, one of the main characters of the comic. I still have a long way to go though.
-noel
ShadowCell

You win, for doing character designs in a section usually brimming with stats and frankengundams.

Variety ftw kthxbai
Turinu

As usual, your character art is splendid, even if it does look a bit rough in that particular picture. Oddly enough, I was planning on using a similar color scheme for a franken I've been working on, but instead of white it was a darker gray.

I love how you went into details when it came to displaying her outfit and her two personalities (As what I'm guessing from what you wrote in your comment on the image on DA). Can't wait to see the final draft of her, if such a thing ever comes around; knowing you, that might be awhile as you seem to always be changing and improving upon your designs :lol: .
VR7

ShadowCell wrote:You win, for doing character designs in a section usually brimming with stats and frankengundams.

Variety ftw kthxbai
Yeah, I tend to be more fond of actual hand-drawn or otherwise original stuff, as opposed to Frankens.

I'm probably not going to revamp her design, since that was actually what I tried to do with her. I did, however, fix some of the ugly colours she had from older work.
-noel
assault gundam

Love yor artwork!!!!!
I really like the MS you made. It is not as clunky as some designs that are here on this forum....
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
VR7

More of the same character (Snow Hawk) but whatever. My only excuse is that she's the mascot girl so I'll draw her for as long as I like. That and I didn't like how she turned out last time, though so I might as well finish this sketch to define some of the details I keep missing out on whenever I draw her.

I tend to like drawing characters a lot more than mecha. That can clearly be seen in my artwork too, since Ardor has a curvy, organic look to it compared to most of the work that tends to be posted in the Art forums.

On a side note I've also been told by some that Ardor looks like a Gepenst with thinner legs, which is funny because I don't remember using one for reference.
-noel
lalahsghost

Mod Advice: Try to stick to Mecha related submissions in MD&F. If you would like to post these in a thread for your work under Advertisements, Feel more than free to.
Turinu

The only problem I see with the picture is the position of the gun; even if she could draw the gun from it's holster, it'd put her in a odd position to be firing at someone... I think. It's a nice place to hide a gun though, if she was wearing a jacket over it. I'm trying to use your art style as a reference for making my heads right; if I can just get that down I can easily work my way down with body proportion and clothing design, D:.

Also, aren't these characters from your Andromeda System web comic? Cause then even if it's character art, it is related to Mecha as there are plenty of mecha in your story (As shown by the AndromedaWiki).
VR7

Yeah, all my original characters appear in my comic. Snow Hawk is going to too, though she isn't the main character.

But if it's what lalah says, I'm probably going to stick with it and not post character art anymore. Unless, maybe, I accomodate my posts with mecha art.
-noel
Turinu

Lol, maybe you could use that as inspiration to continue refining the Ardor design till you get it to the point you like it, :P.
lalahsghost

VR7 wrote:Yeah, all my original characters appear in my comic. Snow Hawk is going to too, though she isn't the main character.

But if it's what lalah says, I'm probably going to stick with it and not post character art anymore. Unless, maybe, I accomodate my posts with mecha art.
Just make sure it is understandable on this forum that the character designs are related to your mecha comic thing. EX: Hay guys, this is the pilot of the ?XX?.

Also, when are you going to start up the RPG in the blank section here? I'm more than sure the forum buddies would be willing to help you start out, no?
unsc117

Wow, I like your work, but I'm actually not sure why. Even though it's not the best out there, no offense, I still like it. Kinda weird, but yea. You have a nice character design for Snow Hawk and the Ardor looks cool.
My mecha designs, check them out and critique!
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=5036
mostly original artwork, for frankens make me cry
Newest piece: powered exoskeleton