Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

Well, Capcom lost their license for Marvel games some time ago, and just recently Midway announced Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. So what's Cappy supposed to do in return? Apparently, join forces with a legendary anime studio.

Scan: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/ ... ers/01.jpg

As a quick refresher, Tatsunoko is a pretty big name in anime, just one people know more for its works than its name. Some of the shows to its credit include Speed Racer, Gatchaman, Yatterman, Gold Lightan, Southern Cross, Mospedia, Samurai Pizza Cats, Tekkaman Blade, Generator Gawl, Soultaker, and Karas.

The game is 2D, with brand-new graphics. So far the only confirmed characters are Street Fighter's Ryu and Chun Li, Gatchaman's Eagle Ken, and Casshen from the series of the same name. The game uses the Striker System like Marvel vs Capcom, but exactly how it's implemented we don't know yet.

More info to come as it becomes available.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Hyakushiki

Sounds good to me! I just wonder how broken Blade's Voltekka would be? I how hope Joe the Condor will be on the roster just so I can have that epic Ken vs. Joe beatdown!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Kuruni

I wonder if Volter from PS1's Tatsunoko Fight will appear. Actually, I expect original Tekkaman to appear more than Blade. Because it will be more fair to other fighter :wink: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wedge14

I'm really curious what sprites good ol' lazy capcom will pull out for their characters on this one. 8)

The only shows i've heard of this company has done is samurai pizza cats and speed racer. But i'll still be down for a good fight.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

...Speed Racer?! How would he work in a fighting game O_o
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Turinu

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:...Speed Racer?! How would he work in a fighting game O_o
His attacks would involve throwing a candy-frenzied monkey at his opponents, and summoning his Mach 5 as a special to run over and/or use its special features on an opponent?

It'd be different if it was a Tron Bonne scenario where he could actually ride in it and fight in it while in battle, but it's a car and not a mecha. D: It'll be interesting to see how they do do that, though.
Phantomexe87

Surprised they didn't say Mega Man, he is their mascot, probably saving him for later or something. Capcom sure likes these company crossover games, Capcom X Namco, X Edge, now this.

Didn't Tatsunoko have a hand in Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Hyakushiki

Looks like they did, I did not know that.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... .php?id=49
I doubt though any Eva characters would be in the game since the series itself belongs to Gainax.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Turinu

Hyakushiki wrote:I doubt though any Eva characters would be in the game since the series itself belongs to Gainax.
If they were though... Pen Pen would be the ultimate fighter. I couldn't see any other character really kicking as much rear as a Penguin could.
raijinz

I didn't know they were responsible for Karas! It would be totally awesome if he was in the game, even if it was only as a secret character or something.

He'd really give Strider Hiryu a run for his money on the "Super Powered Ninja" stakes!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Shori wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:...Speed Racer?! How would he work in a fighting game O_o
His attacks would involve throwing a candy-frenzied monkey at his opponents, and summoning his Mach 5 as a special to run over and/or use its special features on an opponent?
Why do I picture that one special Megaman has? Where he summons that Duck Plane? :lol:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
VR7

-noel
Bright Noa

Interesting news. Although, Ryu and Chun Li are not quite enough to reel me in. I gonna guess that Ken Masters is going show up, as he and Ryu are like....never apart from each other in terms of game appearances.

I wonder if Orgun might pop up as a secret character, given his connection to the Tekkaman Blade universe.

[EDIT]
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html
Some early screenshots (only featuring Ryu, Chun Li, Ken, and Casshan), and some attacks.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Phantomexe87

So we have Servebots and other Bonne machines, seems to be a safe bet that Mega Man Trigger from Mega Man Legends will be in this.
Ramba_Ral

Tobe, tobe, tobe Gatchaman! Yuke, yuke, yuke Gatchaman!

I am so excited about this.
HIKARI NI NARE!!