Home Gaming Networks

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Home Gaming Networks

Alright guys, in preparation for the coming PS3 (believe me, I'm trying very hard not to put too much hype into it), I've been wanting to set up a good wireless network to support it. I already have a Linksys Wireless-G, but it has been acting up lately, and I am afraid it will not do much justice for what the PS3 will have to do (process online gameplay for AC4 mostly, haha).

I am wondering if any of you have a good gaming router at home already that you would suggest I invest in. I'm thinking an upgrade to an N generation router would be reasonable rather than staying with G, even though I still don't fully understand the differences between the two.

I will also be concerned about the new router being compatible with my current computer. My wireless card is a Dlink AirPlus G DWL-G510, and my computer is stuck with Windows XP service pack 1 (for reasons I don't want to discuss right now). Sure, it won't be the most efficient thing to do, but I don't want to upgrade the wireless card if I don't have to, since this new router is primarily for the PS3, and also because my current router is dying.

Okay, I think that's all I needed to throw out there. Thanks for the help.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Scyron

linksys wrt54b/g router here, it goes through 1 floor and works just fine for 360 and ps3, though I never tried multiplayer on it for ps3, considering I'm usually the best connection on halo3, also using wireless, I can't imagine it being any different.

I haven't tried the wii through my floor but through the room right next to mine and it works fine, though a bit laggy on smash, though that just may be smash as some games are almost no lag (1v1).