Pokemon Blue Or Red?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Blue or Red?

Blue
47%
Red
53%

Total votes: 30
VR7

wartortle ftw

I don't think there's any difference between any of the versions other than the Pokémon you can catch, so I would just pick whatever. Pokémon Yellow was the only exception though, since the game was altered with similarities to the anime in mind. Other than that, if you want to make a careful choice, I would probably suggest choosing a version fewer people have, so you don't have to worry about trading for Pokémon that other people are even less likely to have.

I went with Red when I was a kid, I currently play LeafGreen now. Back then, I had a Charizard as my starter and main, but in LeafGreen i went with a Wartortle.

Though trying to keep it from evolving to Blastoise is rather annoying... :P
-noel
RedBlitz

I choose my version by the pokemon on the cover.

And yeah the only difference between the versions is the pokemon you can catch.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Ravager

Same here..i go by the pokemon on the cover even though i started with blue, i pick Red
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Lans

Destroy Gundam wrote:
lans* wrote:I started with Red, but even now I don't know how much is the difference between red and blue.
Other than a handful of Pokémon that you can capture? The in-game color. There really wasn't much of a difference between the two versions.
Yeah, I mean about that "handful" of Pokemon. I continue with Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire, and Fire Red.
Marek

i always played red :) i liked (and still like) the color a lot more ^^
Mecha series currently watching: Zeta Gundam, Gundam Wing (ON-HOLD BECAUSE ITS BORING)