Mabinogi

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
VR7

Mabinogi

For those that don't know, Mabinogi was a Korean anime-styled MMORPG based on Celtic mythology, and one of the better MMO's I've played. Primarily because of the art style and character customization options though.

Mabinogi official site

If you want to know how much freedom you get with character customization, a pseudo character simulator is available here. Only works on Internet Explorer though, and is somewhat buggy.

The English open beta is starting up on March 5. Anyone here familiar with the game and/or planning to join?
-noel
Outlaw

I actually have stumbled onto this one but I had no idea the beta was coming so soon. The profuse use of the "C" word definately has me interested, my only other concern is the combat system.

Thanks for posting the pseudo character maker, it should be interesting (once I can figure it out :lol: ).
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I normally get bored of MMOs rather quickly. This one, I'll give a try however
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
quasadra

when i saw that tralier, i just cant help but think it as a cross over between harvest moon and radiata stories. looks like one of the many generic MMO out there.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Outlaw

Well the character maker is fun, I'll keep my eye on this one. Hopefully it will prove to be more... "active" than your average MMO.

Either way thanks for the heads up VR7, otherwise this one would have slipped under my radar.

Game came out early, FYI. EDIT: Nevermind, still gotta wait till tommarow to download the client >_<
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Turinu

Re: Mabinogi

VR7 wrote:The English open beta is starting up on March 5. Anyone here familiar with the game and/or planning to join?
I played for awhile with a character on Closed Beta; unfortunately I deleted the game for space. I won't deny that the game was pretty good when it came to customizations and the variety of work you can do to make money and earn skills and all. The dungeon crawling reminds me of Diablo too, with a mix of WoW Instances.

Also, the fact that your character can age and you can choose his/her age is pretty cool, too. Depending on your age your stats are also different; the lower your age the weaker your stats and the harder it is to level up and all, etc...

I might pick it up again, depending if my friend's going to play as well.

Played the beta last night. I agree, its better then most MMOs I've played tihs one might last a bit longer. The gameplay reminds me more of Ragnarok, rather than Diablo.

Outlaw

Started playing the beta, I have to say I'm having some fun. I like the rock, paper, scissors feel the attacks give the game.