For those who play Imported PS2 Games...

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
J-Lead

For those who play Imported PS2 Games...

...I seem to be having a serious problem with Swap Magic 3.6. Awhile ago, I ordered Swap Magic 3.6 along with a slide card (took a ridiculous amount of time to come in the mail.) I went through the process of loading it up, unlocking the tray, replacing the disc, and relocking the tray, but when I press X at "Load Program" to play SD Gundam: G Generation Spirits, it gives me a message in blue "Not a valid PS2 disc." I've tried this with some of my western games, and it displays the same message. I've looked across the interwebs, and found out that there are plenty of people who have this problem, but it seems to be mostly a problem with backup discs rather than imports. Has anyone else ever had this problem with their Swap Magic? If so, what did you do to get it working? What is it that I'm doing wrong?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
wonton bob

Not sure if it helps but I find a similar topic here.

http://forums.megagames.com/forums/show ... hp?t=49492
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
manslayer101

j-lead, don't press x press square, it has to load as an alternate rather than a regular load...
J-Lead

Yeah, I figured it out. It's because it's one of those "Ultimate Collection" discs that features Swap Magic 3.6 as one of the programs. I have another step to go through for my disk. Basically, I got conned by PS2cover, like many other people. :evil:

I guess someone can lock this now.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."