MS Gundam: Zeonic Front

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mendou

MS Gundam: Zeonic Front

Fun as hell game no? A little too short i thought but it was still good fun.

Too bad i acted like an idiot and always charged in head on and not consider using smoke grenades or any real tatics for that matter.

Anyone else play it before?
manslayer101

i played a bit, and it really wasn't my type of mech game, i prefer an arcade feel, but it is very interesting.
Mendou

manslayer101 wrote:i played a bit, and it really wasn't my type of mech game, i prefer an arcade feel, but it is very interesting.
So you prefer something like Gundam vs Zeta gundam?
Phantomexe87

I enjoyed the visuals, and attempt to be original. I however hated the gameplay myself, would have preferred something along the lines of Jaburo. The game really makes you wonder why they even bothered making 'Mobile' (nothing very mobile about them in the game) Suits, since tanks can take them out in a single shot.
mcred23

I enjoyed the game. The oft-used comparison of "Rainbow Six with MS" works fairly well for the game, and it's different enough from most of the other Gundam games that it was fun. The game had, IMO, some balance issues with the MS and I thought it could have been better, and I would loved to have seen that kind of concept expanded on further with a sequel. Too bad that never happened
Phantomexe87 wrote:since tanks can take them out in a single shot.
Of course, those tanks do have twin 150mm cannons. :mrgreen:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
manslayer101

Mendou wrote:
manslayer101 wrote:i played a bit, and it really wasn't my type of mech game, i prefer an arcade feel, but it is very interesting.
Yep, i love that game, i'm also about to start playing the first seed one, which was apparently the best of the vs games, but my favorite game so far is lost war chronicles, it's like journey to jaburo that's been put through a perfection machine that got out all the bad parts, it so far is the best one by my standards, it combines sim and arcade very well
Scyron

I thought it was easier running around in sandra's dom with a beam rifle(?) and being all rambo later on was the best, the rest of the game without that was very difficult, especially against agar later on. It would have been nice for more health or better movement, felt sluggish mostly as the big fault, it was a good attempt at something new though.
wing zero alpha

I liked the game, if only for Agar and the Gundam Mudrock, which were fun to play as. I wasn't so much for the Rainbow Six-esque gameplay however; I think it would have been better if the game followed more with Rise From The Ashes only with Zeon mobile suits. Just my thoughts.
mcred23 wrote:Of course, those tanks do have twin 150mm cannons.
Which are normally useless against MS because of the "Mobile" part that Phantomexe87 mentioned.
AnbuZabuza

Well, those tank cannons are pretty useless if you know how to play.

And even if you don't know what you're doing, tanks are useless against you by the time you get Goufs and Doms.

I really liked the game, it was a breath of fresh air after playing so many Gundam games with useless machine guns, and mobile suits that take 8+ beam rifle shots to the chest to destroy.
Teki

Lol, while still in my collection haven't played it in so many years. It is a great game once you get reallly into it to unlock everything. Can be hard at times, but once thought out was lot of fun and great departure from the normal arcade game.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Mendou wrote:

Yeah I perfer an arcade feel type of game like Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (one of my favorite Gundam game)

I thought Zeonic Front was a bit hard since the Mobile Suits wernt very Mobile

The story mode was a bit short but overall I liked it
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Apache

This is one of my favorite Gundam games, the thing that bugged me the most was the firing system the game would be a ton better if you could fire when you wanted to. The hardest parts of the game was the levels witht he guncannons and the one where you have to do recon on the Whitebase, the Gun Tank just sat on the hill and wouldn't let me get close enough to throw a smoke bomb or some other type of devision.
goufx

loved the game, that is, until i had to return it because it died within the first 3 days of playin' it, :lol:.
CharGP02A

I'm a Zeon lover but I don't like this game. I didn't like the gameplay really. The story and "feel" was nice since it was Zeon-based and I liked the unlockables but I didn't like the gameplay. Like the other guy said..if they used Rise from the Ashes gameplay then I'd pretty much guarantee this woulda been my favorite Gundam game.
"My Expectations Always Tempt Me To Exceed Them" - Milliardo Peacecraft
fullupneon

I LOVE Zeonic Front! That is DEFINATELY one of my favorite Gundam games!

I don't use smoke grenades either. Instead I use what I like to call "stealth routes", in which I use whatever route possible to sneak up on the enemy, whether it be flanking, pincer assault, using cover while moving to the flank, or even on occasion decoy operation. For example, on the Odessa mission, I simply took my team of Zaku IIs and went on the right flank route of the map, which allowed me to completely take the Big Tray by surprise.

Eeeerrrr, sorry aboot that, I'm just saying that its a VERY GREAT game. The music is by far the BEST Gundam music EVER! I LOVE the Zeon point of view. The game, in my opinion, could turn a Gundam Wing fan into a One Year War fanatic.

By the by, at first I didn't like the fact that the mobile suits really weren't mobile at all. However, for a military strategy freak like me, it really made me enjoy it even more.

So, in conclusion, in my opinion the game's quality is right up thea with Encounters in Space and Gundam vs Zeta Gundam.
Glory to the Brodie Empire!

Jun Jion!