PreVa

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

What do you think about PreVa and the recent updates?

Very nice, i'm interested
8%
Nice, way better than the demo
No votes
looks ok, i'd play it
31%
no, i don't want to play it, it looks bad
38%
Show me the results, i'm not voting.
23%

Total votes: 13
manslayer101

updated the first post's screenshots, changed them to the bloom ones
Recon 5

Does the game have running animations? I just watched one of your videos and it seems like there's only walking and boosting.
manslayer101

yes, the animation for going forward is a running animation, but we decided not to make the animation too "human-like", but there is walking, strafing, backing up, backup strafing, boosting, evading, blocking versions of all of them, and 4 land and low-gravity deaths, and 4 space deaths (depending on the mech), firing animations (depending on the mech's weapon)
manslayer101

well, i've got some bad news and some good news, the bad news is that the bloom shader won't make it in the game. The bloom shader won't make it in because there are problems with using the r2t dll in a real project, when the next level is loaded, i can't reset the bloom, so, it's gone, however, bloom will be implemented in our rendered cutscenes.

For the good news, we have a very short teaser for preva:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHP2HTMoh10
manslayer101

Good news, we've finished all the cutscenes and almost all of the voice acting is done, and we've got a new teaser done:

http://www.dailymotion.com/MangaPage/vi ... videogames
manslayer101

Here's another update:

We are planning on releasing later this month, the game will be done soon, but the release will depend on the amount of bugs and other problems, because we will soon be beta testing. Overall the coding/models/images should be done soon, here's an estimated percentage meter:

Menu: 99%
Lod: 99%
Music: 45%
Models: 99%
Levels: 95% (or more)
Sounds: 90% (or more)
Unlockables: 99% (just making sure it's all working)
Loading screens: should be 100% by the end of today, if not this week
Cutscenes: 99% (only a couple to add voices to)
Voice work: 50% (all is recorded, it just has to be coded)

Overall: 90%

I can't promise this is a complete list of features, but:

Cutscenes, music, sounds, you know, the basics :P
12 Story mode levels in which you play as the United Earth Forces to try to stop the Independant Allied Alliance, each story mode level is unlocked in stage select as soon as you finish them
Buy 5 bonus levels in which you play the other side, the IAA, and fight against the UEF
Everything is unlocked using points that you acquire in the story mode as well as bonus levels, the amount of points acquired depends on your ability in each level, the better you play the more points you get
31 mechs to unlock including UEF mechs, Enemy customs and Ace customs as well as 3 special godlike customs
Fight in locations from craters on the moon, to space, to various global locations, each with it's own gravity

I can't promise that that's it, but it should be enough to whet any anime fan's appetite :) . Right now we don't have multiplayer or ladder match modes, sadly. We do however promise that we will have these as patches and more in the future, and we will work on more extras for PreVa even after release, like the aforementioned graphics pack and ladder match modes. Let's just say that even when PreVa is released, we plan on adding more in the future, but I won't reveal too much.
manslayer101

ok, here's another small update, a percentage meter for how much has been done atm:

Menu: 99%
Lod: 100%
Music: 45%
Models: 100%
Levels: 95% (or more)
Sounds: 90% (or more)
Unlockables: 100%
Loading screens: 100%
Cutscenes: 99%
Voice work: 99%

Overall: 98%

overall most things are added, except for music, although the music that has been finished has been added already. All cutscenes, voice lines, unlockables, loading screens, cutscenes have been added during the last week, and generally it's done, just a few bugs to work out, music to be done, and then we will start our beta testing. Remember that Beta testing is still open for others to be added. We can add testers up until the beta is released, because this will be a closed beta. We require that you have some experience in at least c-script or modeling/animating. For anyone who is interested you may contact us by:

Our Forum
Our Website
Personal Message

Also we have added voices to pilots that are on your team, so if you are playing as the UEF you have UEF soldiers talking to you, if you are in the IAA you have IAA soldiers talking to you, it really adds a new dynamic to the game, and it wouldn't be an anime mech game without it.

If anyone here has questions or anything, i'd be happy to answer them.
Areus

Looks like a nice game for 3D game studio. I will give it a go once its out.
Ikaruga-I'm Not Regret...

弾幕 Baby!
manslayer101

nice to know that you are willing to try it. We are planning on being finished soon, but the soundtrack is still being worked on, and some small problems fixed, btw if anyone here wishes to stream the soundtrack, to see the quality of the music it is available here:

http://music.download.com/temporalstati ... L_quickurl

the songs in order go as follows:

Cyberscape Journey
Reclaiming the base
Labran Aftermath
Orbital Engagement
Orbital Sweep
Adrenaline Tap
Ownage Inc
Midnight Calm
Melted Metal
and Kickin Asphalt

this is as close to their in game playlist according to levels and such, so far i myself really enjoy the soundtrack, and as the link says, Temporal Static Studios is doing the music for PreVa, check it out and tell me what you think.

Once again there is no exact release date, it's done when it's done, and that's all i'm saying regarding that, but it will be soon.