Soul Calibur IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Destiny_Gundam

Soul Calibur IV

"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wedge14

Darth Vader!? Yoda!? This is outrageous. But then again I guess so was Spawn and Link. How cheap is the hit detection gonna be with that lil bugger yoda? I smell Gon from Tekken 3 allover again.

I dunno if this gonna earn a spot in my Ps3 it's got stiff competition with another IV....
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Destroy Gundam

It's going to be slightly wierd to see say, Astaroth, block Vader's lightsaber with a regular axe.

While I can't claim to know about this Gon fellow, I have a feeling that hitting Yoda's going to be a battle in it's own right. But this thing is definately going to earn a place in my collection when it comes out. This looks good.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Destiny_Gundam

No doubt it looks gorgeous (which pisses me off because I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360) but with the addition of Star Wars characters, it doesn't feel like Soul Calibur anymore. They're completely out of place with the setting. Atleast Heihatchi is in Tekken, Link is from a fantasy franchise, I can't comment on Spawn, and I can't say I'm happy to see Lloyd Irving, but atleast his original series has dimensional travel so I can let it slide (even if he always dies whenever I use him).

But Star Wars? For one, it's sci-fi. Sci-fi only fits with fantasy if the sci-fi was already part of the fantasy setting. Also, Star Wars is 'long long ago in a galaxy far far away', how the heck are do they get to Earth? Why would they even go there anyways? I doubt any Soul Edge fragments got flug that far out into space. Lastly, Star Wars is an American franchise. It's out of place in a Japanese game.

So I definitely have distaste for this announcement. It just feels like a cheap gimmick to get more sales.

Of course it doesn't stop me from wanting the game, but still. I'll just have to make due with Soul Calibur Legends for now.
AmuroNT1

Gon is a miniature tyrannosaurus and the main character of a manga of the same name. He was included in Tekken 3 as a bonus character and was very annoying to fight since he was only knee-high to most characters and could spit long-range fireballs.

Personally, I'm surprised by the Star Wars characters, but I'm not too mad. After all, that's what "bonus" means. They don't have to mesh perfectly with the game's world, since they're not there to have any kind of plot impact. They're just there to provide the players with a cute little extra.

As a friend of mine commented, though, I would have sooner expected Kratos from God of War for the PS3 version and Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden for the 360 version (assuming Techmo was cool with that). There's also the fact that apparently Dante from Devil May Cry was supposed to be in SC3, but the deal with Capcom fell through; maybe they'll work out a deal for 4 in order to equalize things.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Nimrod

I'll be curious if this will mean a boost in sales of the PS3 and the 360 as all the star wars nerds rush out to buy the consoles so they can play the games with Vader (Ps3) and Yoda (360).

It looks interesting in any case so I'll probably end up giving it a go when it comes out.
Blade of the Red Comet

"Swish" 2 points! I'm sold on Vader and can only hope Darth Maul will be downloadable content!
Scyron

As a friend of mine commented, though, I would have sooner expected Kratos from God of War for the PS3 version and Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden for the 360 version (assuming Techmo was cool with that). There's also the fact that apparently Dante from Devil May Cry was supposed to be in SC3, but the deal with Capcom fell through; maybe they'll work out a deal for 4 in order to equalize things.
I like this idea a lot more than star wars. I just don't know about star wars being in the game, it feels off. Even as a huge star wars fan this just feels odd.

I plan to play it, I'm sure it will be fun like 2 was.[/quote]
Recon 5

Gon vs. Yoda would be quite a thing to see. They're both smaller- than- average characters so they'd have quite a lot of room to hop around like they do in their original media. Yoda vs. Yoda would be AWESOME tho. I just hope no 360s blow up from awesomeness overload.

I'm also predicting that Vader will be a Live download sooner or later, and Yoda will be available for the PS network too.
Strike Zero

I immediately balked at the idea of Vader and Yoda being in Soul Calibur. It just... doesn't feel right.

But, as long as they're gonna go that route with bonus characters, they might as well include General Grievous. Now, that would be awesome.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
J-Lead

So...these two youngbloods make the roster, but Dante lost out in Soul Caliber III? This is not a happy omen.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Outlaw

I don't care one way or the other about Vader or Yoda, I just want to know if they're going to be putting the character create in this one.
Destiny_Gundam

Outlaw wrote:I don't care one way or the other about Vader or Yoda, I just want to know if they're going to be putting the character create in this one.
They are.
Outlaw

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Outlaw wrote:I don't care one way or the other about Vader or Yoda, I just want to know if they're going to be putting the character create in this one.
They are.
Sweet! That sold me, thank you.
ultimatenewtype

Blade of the Red Comet wrote:"Swish" 2 points! I'm sold on Vader and can only hope Darth Maul will be downloadable content!
probably not very likely. if there is any DLC for the game, it will probably be add ons or different games modes, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma for PS3
Wedge14

Personally i'm sold on the create-a-fighter mode more then anything else. I don't even think i used the normal roster of characters in 3 outside the Arcade mode..
But adding and yoda and darth. The more i think about it, the more i think it was a good move on the designers. The starwars fandom is just huge. My fossil like father, will play games like star wars battlefront and things like that only because there is star wars in it. So by adding some extra coinage in George Lucas' overflowing changepurse, Banco or Nandai or bandai Namco whatever they're calling themselves now will probably sell quite a few more games and garner interest from the legions of Star wars fans out there.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
AmuroNT1

They've said that they're actually making Create-A-Soul a lot more in-depth this time, and what your character wears will actually affect their gameplay. For example, sticking your character in full plate armor will increase his defense, but lower his speed.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
razgriz

yet another great soul game coming down the pipe :D
this definitely makes up for SCIII for ps2 having heihachi as the special guest, i mean cmon iron bracelets?? :shock: xbox got spawn for god's sake also this makes up for a star wars "fighting" game that came out a long time ago in a ga- i'm gonna stop now :(
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Destroy Gundam

AmuroNT1 wrote:They've said that they're actually making Create-A-Soul a lot more in-depth this time, and what your character wears will actually affect their gameplay. For example, sticking your character in full plate armor will increase his defense, but lower his speed.
That's going to make things more interesting, considering before, the armor was just for decoration. I wonder if it will also effect what moves you can do, because it does look kind of wierd for someone in full plate to be doing any of Voldo's moves, for example.

And don't you mean SCII, Razgriz? It definately makes up for the Gamecube version having Link. *Grumbles about cheap elf-thing and his arrow attacks and other cheap moves*
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, special characters and create-a-soul aside, I'm content so long as I get my greek sisters. I also hope the chick-with-a-stick returns too.