Soul Calibur IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wedge14

I loved the 'random creation' option from the third one. That's pretty much all me and my friends would select in versus mode. Sometimes the game would just make the most outrageous and hilarious characters.

What your character wore did affect their personality and win quotes in some random way.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
razgriz

NO KILIK?!?! what the hell man??? how can you have a soul game without the baddest ass staff fighter ever?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Aegis

Considering the Soul Calibur series has yet to take remove any characters beyond a couple mimics, maybe bosses, and guest characters, I'd be utterly surprised if Kilik and Seung Mina ends up removed. :P

And as far as Yoda and Vader are concerned... at least they look good. >>
razgriz

as imposing as vader is i would be more afraid of yoda, i think he can pwn anyone in the soul universe 5 times over
(setsuna giggling)
Destiny_Gundam

Not to mention light sabers could cut through any sort of physical weaponry the other fighters use.

I bet the story will go that Soul Edge causes a great disturbance in The Force so Yoda and Darth Vader go to check it out.
NO KILIK?!?! what the hell man??? how can you have a soul game without the baddest ass staff fighter ever?
He just hasn't been announced yet. I'm sure he'll be in it.

If not, that just means him and Xianghua finally settled down together.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Saikuba

Aegis wrote:Considering the Soul Calibur series has yet to take remove any characters beyond a couple mimics, maybe bosses, and guest characters, I'd be utterly surprised if Kilik and Seung Mina ends up removed. :P

And as far as Yoda and Vader are concerned... at least they look good. >>
Li Long and Hwang did have an absence from the series so it is possible to lose a character or two between games. I wouldn't think that Kilik would be removed, but I was shocked when Hwang didn't show up in Soul Calibur II so who knows.
Hyakushiki

The inclusion of Yoda and Vader is an interesting choice, and an ironic one since the glowing edges on weapons in Soul Cailbur always reminded me of Lightsabers so maybe that was part of the inspiration behind their choice. As long they don't make them broken like Link or awkward and nearly useless like Heihachi. I really hope they don't bring back Chronicles of the Sword mode, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw my controller against the wall trying to beat some of those missions!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
razgriz

whats worse is knowing that u need to beat those missions in order to unlock goodies, its a fighting game just leave it as a fighting game if we want an rpg we can just get assassins creed :roll:
(setsuna giggling)
Aegis

Saikuba wrote: Li Long and Hwang did have an absence from the series so it is possible to lose a character or two between games. I wouldn't think that Kilik would be removed, but I was shocked when Hwang didn't show up in Soul Calibur II so who knows.
I didn't specify Soul Edge/ Blade and limited to the Soul Calibur series, thus said nothing of Li Long. However, I did forget about Hwang being replaced by Yun-seong in SC2, albeit overall it's pretty much the one noteable exception.
SS42A

As a Star Wars and Soul Calibur fan, I'm very intrigued yet at the same time interested in the inclusion of Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur 4. Also, with the return of the Create-A-Character option, this may just be one of many reasons for me getting a PS3 in the future.

I like the idea of Star Wars characters fighting SC style, but somehow in addition to the reminiscing of SC2 bonus characters, the SC-SW crossover apparently reminds me of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam - insofar as the themes are concerned. Star Wars and Gundam are sci-fi, and SC and DW have similarly situated themes such as swordfights and the like.

What Bandai Namco should have done is they could have developed a Star Wars game using Soul Calibur's gameplay, rather than including Vader and Yoda in SC4. A Star Wars game in Soul Calibur style would seem more appropriate, because it would be easier to include others like Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, Mace Windu, General Grievous, and maybe even Anakin, Luke, or other prominent lightsaber-wielding Star Wars characters.