Sim City snes/dos+ the others)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Scyron

Sim City snes/dos+ the others)

I started really as focus for SC2000, but I'll allow other sim city games, I mean everyone has played one of them, it is like a staple trying out a sim/god complex game.

Anyhow after having started I got my first city ever that is really good, but not perfect, no arcos. :(

I do think I have a good enough city, I know Lalahsghost was mentioning a bit too much green, but I figured the rest of my city is good, in terms of problems that are in the paper, why not leave a bit of space to work with later.

So Now I'm at year 5872, since I'm using the SC2000 with urban renewal kit that has African swallow speed and is AMAZINGLY fast on current rigs, so I guess that leads me to ask, do you still play sim city games? If so do you have a screen or some form/chart that shows how it is doing? Any good stories like multiple natural disasters or something.

here is a cool pic, thanks for urban renewal kit, unfortunately the resolution is a bit low, especially on current pc's.
here's my one I've gotten almost done.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3257/sdsku8.png

here is my current project. I want to try and minimalize the industry zones. http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4975/sdsxq0.png

I forgot I wanted to bring this up because sim city societies recently came out and wanted to see if anyone got it and how they enjoyed it.
Wedge14

For nostalgia's sake i busted out my old Sim city, for the SNES a while ago. To be honest i only played it when i was young and remember just only being able to spend my initial money and then suffer forever in a sea of debt, lose interest and then click every disaster button at once.

But i popped it in on a whim when my friend jokingly told me to. So I sat there all night as my friends entertained themselves/drank all my beer. And i actually managed to soldier through all the traffic jam warnings and raise a cute metropolis. The crutch known as my impatient youth was defeated. It was 3 am. I was excited, i rose off my couch victoriously claiming myself the victor, and went for a voyage to the fridge. I returned to my den to see Bowser stomping through 'Crunkton' with the mayors house leaving behind a burnt out husk.

I was heartbroken.

Sure i could've just kept soldiering on rebuild after the bowser attack. (or hell even reload) But it was the principle of the matter.

This is to the citizens of 'Crunkton' and also to all those denziens of all those crappy lil scumtowns i made before!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
ZeonfromHell

I absolutely love the SNES version of Sim City. It is my favorite game for that console, bar none. My biggest city reached 375,000. I was, however, never been able to reach that elusive Megalopolis feat. I want to so bad. I want to hear the 16-bit Megalopolis music (and not the Midi version on http://www.vgmusic.com). And I want to see the Dr. Wright window and see how the background art has changed. And I want to build that Mario Statue and see how the Mayor's house improves.

Sim City 2000 is my greatest achievement, where I have built a sixteen-million populated city with dozens of arcologies. I have always wanted to Urban Renewal Kit, but I can't find it anymore since it's probably out of print and nobody wants it. Also, YTMND has a morbid joke using SC2000 about the disaster inNew Orleans.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Outlaw

I remember playing Sim City on the SNES, good fun, but I was never very good at it. I got to try 2000 when I was younger and now that I have my own computer I still can't find a copy, much less the UR kit.
Recon 5

I had 3000, but I couldn't figure out for the life of me how I was supposed to get water and gas from the main pipes to the houses. Managing to build a sizeable (albeit rapidly deteriorating) town regardless was... well, I don't know...
Scyron

I think there is at least one version of sim city that is abandoned ware