Super Robot Wars: OG Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Recon 5

The Cleaving Man just called. He wants his throne of awesome back.

Seriously, the buffed- up Shura are INSANE.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
hellbore

I've never played an OG game but I have played MX, and I'm wondering which of the two mechs will H(y)ugo and Aqua pilot when their story rolls around?
For those who don't know the choices are the 6th generation real-type Cerberus or the 7th generation super-type Garmraid.
My guess is the Cerberus, but I'm a little biased as thats the mech I chose in MX.
Destiny_Gundam

A potential North American release of Endless Frontier?

I sure hope so.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Re: Super Robot Wars: OG Mk III

Super thread necro for a question. ^^b

So I'm playing into the final stages of OG Gaiden finally and I realize something: I never figured out how to upgrade combo attacks. (HTB Cannon, Tatsumaki Zankantou, Twin Bird Strike, Rampage Ghost, etc.) So how does one do that?

On a side note, I'm loving how even Archaid (however you spell his name in english) and his two-forming total-of-800,000 HP can't last more than one turn per form when you abuse the system. (Armor Breaker, plus Attacker on all damage dealers, plus hot blood, plus 4x support attacking, plus reactivate seishin spam -> HTB Cannon spam :D)
Mu La Flaga

Um for upgrading weapons it should work like this.
In one section you have like upgrades for the other stuff.
Armor, Energy, HP, Mobility ect.

Go down to a section under it there should be one where you can equip or remove weapons to units.
I think it's the 2nd one down, you can upgrade them.

If your a little confused it's like say under data down the bottom got load and save options for instance.

So just play around carefully in there and you will get used to it, if ypu played OG2 on GBA like I did, you kind of get used to that system and all that.
Shinji103

Mu La Flaga wrote:Um for upgrading weapons it should work like this.

Go down to a section under it there should be one where you can equip or remove weapons to units.

If your a little confused it's like say under data down the bottom got load and save options for instance.

So just play around carefully in there and you will get used to it, if ypu played OG2 on GBA like I did, you kind of get used to that system and all that.
Lol, I know how to equip and upgrade weapons. :P I meant which weapons do you upgrade on those combo attack units in order to upgrade their combo attacks. ^^b I.e. do I upgrade the Nendo Bakusai Ken and the High Twin Launcher on the SRX and R-Gun Powered to upgrade the HTB Cannon?
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Um for upgrading weapons it should work like this.

Lol, I know how to equip and upgrade weapons. :P I meant which weapons do you upgrade on those combo attack units in order to upgrade their combo attacks. ^^b I.e. do I upgrade the Nendo Bakusai Ken and the High Twin Launcher on the SRX and R-Gun Powered to upgrade the HTB Cannon?
You can't upgrade combo attacks, their damage is based on the pilot's level, stats and skills. But really, does the HTB Cannon need to be any stronger?, lol
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Mu La Flaga

You know what could be really handy.
Try http://akurasu.net and try having a glance in their sections.
I know for instance Wild Wurger, fairly sure it's tge last move and Wilk Falken its Oxtongue Launcher D Mode, simillar thing applies for Alt Eissen and WeissRitter.
Shinji103

angelwingzero wrote:You can't upgrade combo attacks, their damage is based on the pilot's level, stats and skills. But really, does the HTB Cannon need to be any stronger?, lol
Hmm, actually I went on the net while waiting for replies, looking for anything that might tell me anything and I came across a guide that sugested (I don't knwo why it didn't specifically state) the attacks needed to be upgraded to upgrade combos. I saw your reply and then decided to do a little testing. I cranked up the Nendou Bakusai Ken and the High Twin Launcher on the SRX and R-Gun, the two attacks pointed out on the guide I found, about halfway each ,and very pleasingly I found that the damage rating on the HTB Cannon had been brought up to 10480 from around 9280. :) I'm about to go back and try upgrading the attacks for the other combos that the guide says.

The guide I found is here, and like I said it doesn't specifically say the attacks it lists upgrade the combo attacks, but apparently they do.

EDIT: Yep, tried upgrading the weapons listed under the combo weapons list (hooray for soft reset), and it upgraded the damage ratings and actual damage for their respective combo attacks.
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:
angelwingzero wrote:You can't upgrade combo attacks, their damage is based on the pilot's level, stats and skills. But really, does the HTB Cannon need to be any stronger?, lol
Hmm, actually I went on the net while waiting for replies, looking for anything that might tell me anything and I came across a guide that sugested (I don't knwo why it didn't specifically state) the attacks needed to be upgraded to upgrade combos. I saw your reply and then decided to do a little testing. I cranked up the Nendou Bakusai Ken and the High Twin Launcher on the SRX and R-Gun, the two attacks pointed out on the guide I found, about halfway each ,and very pleasingly I found that the damage rating on the HTB Cannon had been brought up to 10480 from around 9280. :) I'm about to go back and try upgrading the attacks for the other combos that the guide says.

The guide I found is here, and like I said it doesn't specifically say the attacks it lists upgrade the combo attacks, but apparently they do.

EDIT: Yep, tried upgrading the weapons listed under the combo weapons list (hooray for soft reset), and it upgraded the damage ratings and actual damage for their respective combo attacks.
Oh, cool. So If you upgrade Kyosuke's final move and Excellen's Mode X, then Rampage Ghost also gets stronger as a result?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Mu La Flaga

I did say it works to a simillar extent with Seolla and Arado's machines :P
Shinji103

angelwingzero wrote:Oh, cool. So If you upgrade Kyosuke's final move and Excellen's Mode X, then Rampage Ghost also gets stronger as a result?
It's actually the Alt Riese's Revolving Bunker and Rein's Howling Lanucher X, but yeah upgrading those two attacks upgrades the power of their combo attack.
Not sure why, but for the Rampage Ghost and and Twin Bird Strike, you need to upgrade the Bunker and Crusher respectively and not their final attacks like for all the other combo attacks.

By the time I got to the Neo Granzon, my HTB Cannon and Tatsumaki Zankantou damage ratings were above 11,000 each. (max upgrades) :D
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:
angelwingzero wrote:Oh, cool. So If you upgrade Kyosuke's final move and Excellen's Mode X, then Rampage Ghost also gets stronger as a result?
It's actually the Alt Riese's Revolving Bunker and Rein's Howling Lanucher X, but yeah upgrading those two attacks upgrades the power of their combo attack.
Not sure why, but for the Rampage Ghost and and Twin Bird Strike, you need to upgrade the Bunker and Crusher respectively and not their final attacks like for all the other combo attacks.

By the time I got to the Neo Granzon, my HTB Cannon and Tatsumaki Zankantou damage ratings were above 11,000 each. (max upgrades) :D
Wow, you learn something new everyday.