Super Robot Wars: OG Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Sulendil Zeta

... And he said he probably won't live to see the completion of Project TD. Guess we're going to get Iblis' Alpha 2 storyline in the next game.

BTW, just because Masaki said he won't need people's help in Langran, doesn't mean someone else share the same mind set with him... *Feil-lord, I'm looking at you*
Destiny_Gundam

I remember reading somewhere that Thomas wound up in La Guias. How did that happen?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Homeless

I believe it was the same as everyone else; randomly teleported.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Destiny_Gundam

Bleh, been watching too much Cybuster. I spelt it La Guias instead of La Gias.

The whole concept of La Gias was taken from Aura Battler Dunbine wasn't it? It's way too similar to Byston Well to be a coincidence.

So I hear in the final stages everyone's going on about how strange it is that all these alien races and weird events are being drawn together. I personally think is this more 4th wall breakage and they're refering to Banpresto itself as the 'higher power' causing all these events (for profit naturally).

I believe one of the Brave series ended in a similar fashion...

Oh, I just remembered. Did Nibhal do anything in this game? I think that dude's the biggest mystery of the OGverse.
Homeless

He talks mysteriously two or three times in the game.

And yeah, among other things Axel remarks that there have been too many coincidences for it to be a coincidence.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Destiny_Gundam

So after watching this vid, I have to wonder, why the hell is Masaki crying? Is he lamenting on how he won't have anyone to run around screaming after anymore? Also, I thought Shu was supposed to go out with a smile on his face because he was content that it was his time to die.

This is Duminas's ultimate form right?

Also, were those rumors about Kai dying true?

And sorry for firing off all these questions. That's just how I learn.

EDIT: Never thought I'd see the day...
Kuruni

Is it's same as in SRW3, he really sad about Shu. He really wish Shu truly help them without hidden motive for once (so he can set aside his grudge? Scary, but it fuel those Yaoi fan...).

About everything is too coincidences, it explain in SRW4 and F. The Sovog tech used in Granzon include devious system that manipulate possibility. It alway cause bad event to occur wherever Granzon is (Shu manage to reverse it effect in both games).

Either that, or Keisar manage to partial manipulate Akashic Record in OG...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Homeless

In the end, Masaki is basically going "What was the point of it all?!". Mindless revenge never has a happy conclusion, especially since Shuu had helped you save earth a few times.

Yes, that is Duminas final form, Triton(?). We don't get to fight Proton, and Deuteron never appears.

Kai survives; in fact he's really not plot relevant again after stages 4~6. >>;
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

One thing's for sure..

OG Gaiden's giving me a whole new liking for the Gespenst
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Bright Noa

ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Destiny_Gundam

Vaisaga is still cooler, even if Angelg has the Storm Falken... I mean Phantom Pheonix.

So how do you decide what mech Lamia gets when she rejoins you?
Homeless

You get both of them, apparently by default. If you're asking how do we pick which one we use in particular; I don't use her at all.

For Gespenst fun, compare the maxed stats (w/o any FUB) of the top three variants in OGG:

Gespenst RV
HP: 6450
EN: 306
Mobility: 156
Armor: 2250
Move: 7

Gespenst MK-II S
HP: 6600
EN: 400
Mobility: 147
Armor: 2550
Move: 6

Gespenst MK-II Kai
HP: 7350
EN: 320
Mobility: 187
Armor: 2400
Move: 6
Kuruni

Wha...Gespenst Kai beat RV in agility?! What are they thinking?
My girlfriend was a loli.

Kuruni wrote:Wha...Gespenst Kai beat RV in agility?! What are they thinking?
Even when unupgraded, the thing can still dodge everything thrown at it. It's practically a Super Robot.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Destiny_Gundam

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Even when unupgraded, the thing can still dodge everything thrown at it. It's practically a Super Robot.
Isn't it ususally Super Robots that can't dodge anything but make up for it with strong defenses?

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Even when unupgraded, the thing can still dodge everything thrown at it. It's practically a Super Robot.
Isn't it ususally Super Robots that can't dodge anything but make up for it with strong defenses?

Tell that to GaoGaiGar/Genesic GaoGaiGar

Homeless

In SRW, Super Robots are traditionally better at armor with lower mobility but we do get exceptions. For example, as I mentioned earlier with its FUB Apotheosized Ialdabaoth hits 202 mobility.

It you want bizarre stats though, look at the obtainable Mironga. 10,050 HP and 200 mobility when fully upgraded, and that's not counting whatever its FUB might be.

Ooooh, so is the mironga a secret unit or something?

Homeless

Works about the same as it did in OG2.5, its just Earth Route only in OGG. Lune and Kyle need to have a battle encounter during the attack on TLI, and then Lune has to be the one to kill him in the following stage. I think it was determined you do not need to get the skill points on those stages to get the Mironga.

The Mironga itself is about the same as it was in OG2.5, but they slapped an EN cost on End Breaker so its not as much of a killing machine anymore.
Destiny_Gundam

Forgive my ignorance, but what does FUB mean?