Super Robot Wars: OG Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Chris
Administrator

Super Robot Wars: OG Mk III

25 pages, etc etc. You guys know the deal.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Destiny_Gundam

Shame Aqua won't pilot anything until they actually use MX's storyline. If I recall correctly, she was just an engineering student before becoming a mech pilot.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wingnut

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Shame Aqua won't pilot anything until they actually use MX's storyline. If I recall correctly, she was just an engineering student before becoming a mech pilot.
Doesn't mean we still can't have out of the cockpit hilarity with her and Excellen.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Imperial

Wingnut wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Shame Aqua won't pilot anything until they actually use MX's storyline. If I recall correctly, she was just an engineering student before becoming a mech pilot.
Doesn't mean we still can't have out of the cockpit hilarity with her and Excellen.
I'm sure Banpresto won't pass up the possibility. Of course, her rather fetish-y uniform was a piloting suit. I doubt she would wear it around town, so Excellen will have to wait a game before she can rib her about it.
This space for rent
Destiny_Gundam

Imperial wrote:I'm sure Banpresto won't pass up the possibility. Of course, her rather fetish-y uniform was a piloting suit. I doubt she would wear it around town, so Excellen will have to wait a game before she can rib her about it.
Actually, in MX she had to wear that outfit outside of the cockpit (much to her chagrin). It's basically a swimsuit anyways, so she actually wears it into the bath too.
Kuruni

Gah...certain guy at gamer-gate.net take a look at game data and confirm the name of (secret?) last stage.

Ragnarok

Long time SRW fan should known meaning of that name...

On light side, the number of Batoll at Hellgate reduce from 80 in OGs to 50...

Huh?
Wah?
Koero!
There she is!
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

Kuruni wrote:Gah...certain guy at gamer-gate.net take a look at game data and confirm the name of (secret?) last stage.

Ragnarok

Long time SRW fan should known meaning of that name...
That can mean a lot of things. Which specific meaning are you talking about?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Kuruni

In SRW, Ragnarok stage already used twice, once in SRW 3 and again in Alpha Gaiden. Both time they share same aspect, you need to beat "normal" last stage within certain number of turn and it alway feature certain mech as boss...

Most likely, it's time for his death in OG...
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

Kuruni wrote:In SRW, Ragnarok stage already used twice, once in SRW 3 and again in Alpha Gaiden. Both time they share same aspect, you need to beat "normal" last stage within certain number of turn and it alway feature certain mech as boss...

Most likely, it's time for his death in OG...
I figured that's what you meant. I think it's BS though. Why would he be the final boss all of a sudden? He hasn't done anything in the past few games. Why would they throw him in like an afterthought? They've barely even touched his storyline, so I doubt they'd have you fight him just yet. Unless you fight him but he doesn't die.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Kuruni

Thing is that, "that man" doesn't get his story reveal much in SRW3 either, he just say he will lend Lond Bell a hand to defeat alien in 3, at final arc of game (since it's pretty much last branch) and become last boss in right condition. Most of his background reveal afterward in EX and LoE.

I know it's still speculation, but the possibility is there.
Destiny_Gundam

Homeless wrote:There's a video of it too, DG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exqcqju2TIk
Yeah... well... all that proves is that Neo Granzon is in it. That video is clearly just an event kill like Duminas killing Jurgen in 2.5. Until I see a video of your guys actually attacking Neo Granzon, I'll believe it.

I just don't like the idea of facing Duminas/The Shura/whoever for the entire game and then Shu randomly popping up at the end just for lulz.

Oh well, atleast if they do kill him off in this game, he'll just get ressurected later.
Homeless

That's from the unit viewer, actually. Anti-Regression Cannon apparently only appears on his attack list after you cut him down to 1/3rd HP.

Like so:
http://bbs.a9vg.com/ul_img/200712/26//1198657248376.jpg
http://bbs.a9vg.com/ul_img/200712/26//1198657702305.jpg

And The "Ragnarok" event is ALWAYS out of left field, right at the very end after all other threats to earth are dealt with. Shuu's plot is always horribly paced and badly managed when Banpretso implements what little, crappy story LoE possesses.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Destiny_Gundam

Well... poo.

Atleast in Alpha Gaiden, it was Shu's fault your guys get flung into the future and the Earth gets messed up. So having him as a final boss is expected.

I really just think he should be featured more prominantly in the game he's going to be the final boss of. I mean, even in 3, atleast he was actually around before he turns on you.
Homeless

Up to stage 18; its funny how much Cry Wolves can kick ass here.
Imperial

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well... poo.

Atleast in Alpha Gaiden, it was Shu's fault your guys get flung into the future and the Earth gets messed up. So having him as a final boss is expected.

I really just think he should be featured more prominantly in the game he's going to be the final boss of. I mean, even in 3, atleast he was actually around before he turns on you.
According to some friends who are in possession of the game (such as Homeless, appropriately enough), he crops up a few times before the big showdown.

I could see what you're saying if he was the boss of OG2, wherein he appears for all of one stage, but OGG seems to remember he exists long enough to insert him into the game pre-FINAL BATTLE. Not unlike SRW3, he fights you if you unlock a special scenario. I guess the makers didn't want to spend too much time hyping him up in the event the player failed to unlock the Neo Granzon battle. That would be kind of weird.
This space for rent
Destiny_Gundam

I would like it if it turned out Shu was the one pulling the strings behind everything, but seeing as how the main enemies in OGG are The Shura and Duminass, that's not going to be the case.
Imperial wrote:I guess the makers didn't want to spend too much time hyping him up in the event the player failed to unlock the Neo Granzon battle. That would be kind of weird.
Not like they've never done that before. Septuagint is mentioned a number of times in OG1, but you don't actually fight it unless you get enough skill points.