FF12: Revent Wings

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

FF12: Revent Wings

Suprised there isn't a thread for this yet. Someone other then me has to have gotten this game.

Anyways, I rather like this game better then I did FF12. It feels a bit...more light hearted then the first game, but I do like the whole create Espers things they added in
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Phantomexe87

I really don't get Square's logic. They make FFXII on the Sony PS2, why not release the sequel on the PSP? Why the DS? Are they trying to get back in bed with Nintendo? I just see it as unfair to their fanbase, which is largely Sony-based.
Ascension

I see it more as a bone thrown to the Nintendo fanboys like me who practically never get to play a FF game... :lol:

I haven't really read much about the game, but I'm probably going to be getting it eventually. I've loved everything FF I've played (except for *shudder* Crystal Chronicles). Right now I've got my hands full with DS games... (although I just finished Portrait of Ruin and I'm about to finish Phantom Hourglass).

As for why it's being released on DS, the real reason is probably that the DS has sold much better than the PSP. The game will be available to a wider audience this way. Hardcore Sony fanboys will just have to hope for some sort of port.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
bluemax151

Ascension wrote:As for why it's being released on DS, the real reason is probably that the DS has sold much better than the PSP. The game will be available to a wider audience this way. Hardcore Sony fanboys will just have to hope for some sort of port.
Not likely as they just released tactics on PSP. More than likely it's to get every console owner some kind of FF game to get the name out there. Every sales figure I have seen so far has shown the DS to only sell 10-20% more units than the PSP. Now that the new slim line PSP has a line out and the fact there have been a lot of really good releases for the system lately probably have something to do with that.

I don't like my DS much myself (ergonomics) but I do plan on buying this game as a I habitually buy all the FF games.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010