Why certain series didn't get in SRW?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Gelmax

I see Code Geass appearing in at least three SRW games, maybe more.
AmuroNT1

ExhileVoid wrote:I was just about to mention the Garland. When I played D, it was practically useless although the only redeeming quality it had was it can dodge pretty well when you max out its mobility. Except Megazone 23 and Escaflowne were featured only in one game and then forgotten about in future games. Just out of curiosity, do you people see Code Geass being featured only in one single future SRW game like Megazone 23, Escaflowne, Big O, ect. or more than one future SRW games with the series favorites like Macross, Dunbine, Gundam, Nadesico, etc.?
SRWD isn't exactly the best example to draw from, given how messed up its system was.

The big difference between Geass and the shows you mentioned as one-timers is that...well...it's MUCH more popular in Japan. The setting is honestly not as much a problem as people seem to think; all that's really needed is the standard Oppressive Earth Government, and half the Real Robot shows have those anyway (Titans? Earth Alliance?) As for the conquest of Japan, it either has to be nixed or worked around, because as my friends pointed out, it's unlikely that anyone with half a brain would conquer a nation then allow it to build weapons like Mazinger Z and Getter Robo.

Gurren Lagann, I think, has a much harder time of getting in. Sure, it's popular, but the setting requires some major caveats. It would probably require a dedicated game, and I don't think BP wants to overdo that concept. Beyond that there's the issue of power (there's no way TTGL will be playable) as well as You-Know-Who's death, which about half the fans will want to subvert and the other half will want to retain because of plot importance.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mark064

ExhileVoid wrote:Except Megazone 23 and Escaflowne were featured only in one game and then forgotten about in future games. Just out of curiosity, do you people see Code Geass being featured only in one single future SRW game like Megazone 23, Escaflowne, Big O, ect. or more than one future SRW games with the series favorites like Macross, Dunbine, Gundam, Nadesico, etc.?
It's a silly question honestly. As there is no reason that certain series like Megazone 32, Escaflowne, Big O and so on won't appear in another game. Look at Braiger it appeared in a single SRW game Alpha Gaiden and then reappeared later in GC/XO. Unless we hear a problem like in the case of Giant Robo there is a chance that the series will appear again.
ExhileVoid

AmuroNT1 wrote:The big difference between Geass and the shows you mentioned as one-timers is that...well...it's MUCH more popular in Japan. The setting is honestly not as much a problem as people seem to think; all that's really needed is the standard Oppressive Earth Government, and half the Real Robot shows have those anyway (Titans? Earth Alliance?) As for the conquest of Japan, it either has to be nixed or worked around, because as my friends pointed out, it's unlikely that anyone with half a brain would conquer a nation then allow it to build weapons like Mazinger Z and Getter Robo.
Well, they can always just say the Mazingers were "secretly built" to combat a mad scientist's army from further destroying Area 11 which the occupying forces simply ignore it. It worked for SRW J where the Photoatomic Research Laboratory Group never sided with the Earth Alliance. Come to think of it, Code Geass storyline would go very well with Gundam 00:

Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations + Japan (Special Economic Jurisdiction) = Holy Empire of Britannia + Japan (Area 11)

Advance European Union = European Union

Human Reform League = Chinese Federation

The AEU and HRL works just fine. I'm just wondering how are they going to combine the Union and Britania Empire together into one government.
AU_Gundam MK II

It would also work well with Tekkaman Blade. Nations having problems due to the possibility of the Radam taking over the Ring that provides Solar Energy.

Seriously, though, Geass' inclusion may more or less stem from poularity than from anything else about the show. If anything, it stands more of a chance in Sunrise Eiyuutan and games that would probably have similar engines as ACE rather than SRW. As the only ASs I found actually useful were the Arbalest and the only reason I'd send the Gernsbacks out is JUST to give the triple team.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Kuruni

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:As the only ASs I found actually useful were the Arbalest
What? Bonta-kun (also Boss Borot) is great to keep you wake up when playing late! Eapecially when it get rid of something like Providence Gundam!
My girlfriend was a loli.
AU_Gundam MK II

There's a difference between being useful and fun to use. The Wing Gundams? Useful and fun to use. Bonta-kun? Just fun to use. Freedom? Useful in a sense, but I ain't touching him!
AmuroNT1

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:Seriously, though, Geass' inclusion may more or less stem from poularity than from anything else about the show. If anything, it stands more of a chance in Sunrise Eiyuutan and games that would probably have similar engines as ACE rather than SRW.
I'd probably feel better about that if Sunrise Eiyuutan didn't stink and if they hadn't ended the ACE series at 3. :P
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AU_Gundam MK II

I meant a game with some gameplay similarities with ACE and not an ACE 4.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Celestial Gundam

Probably due to liscensing (SP?) issues that can happen or they just didn't want certain series in the game.
ZGMF-X291A Celestial Gundam
ARMsMaster

Licensing is the reason why any non-OG SRW game didn't make it to the US. The main reason why some series didn't get put into SRW is that their storylines might not mesh well with other series' storyline.
"It takes more than muscles to win a fight." - Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
hitokirigarou

YazanGable wrote:In regards to Dagwon, as it stands, that, and the majority of the Yuusha series are currently stuck in the same hole as VOTOMS, Dougram, and Panzer World Galient.
Their marketing rights (including gaming) are held by the Takara company (who, in turn, released their own pseudo-SRW game series, Brave Saga)
Granted, GaoGaiGar and GaoGaiGar FINAL were a rare exception here, but in that case, Bandai was partially getting a cut, so they had some say on it. The rest of the Yuusha series are pretty far out of their hands.
Takara-Tomy also has the rights to the Eldran series, Zoids, and Transformers.