Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mwulf

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

...and now we can proceed to chart it.

Seriously, though, not a single thread about what is quite possibly the best game of the year? Possibly two? It's insane. If I didn't have class tomorrow, I'd still be playing it.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely hates the whole "games=movies" and "games=realistic" bullcrap that's been rising the past few years.

It is unbelievably awesome.... insanely good. Worth buying a PS3 for, I think (though for the most part going next-gen still isn't worth it... ~__~).

I mean, sure I was having a blast with Ratchet and Assassins, but those are the kind of games that you can, you know, put down whenever and just stop playing. Drake.... it forces you to keep going and going 'till your eyes burn. I haven't experienced something like that since I read Takashi Matsuoka's Autumn Bridge.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Scyron

first ps3 exclusive worth owning in my opinion, all the other games have been huge let downs.

I've been real excited for it, the demo was sweet, I've been hearing a lot though that the game doesn't have nearly as much gunfighting as the demo displays which is fine I guess.

Also a lot of stores broke street date and it is out in the wild as of now. I'll probably get it next week when I try to get RE:UC.
SNT1

The detail is tremendous. Especially pay attention on where you shoot the enemies. (leg-they limp, hand=they switch their weapons to other hand, head=well, boom headshot)

Now, I hope its not a massive letdown like Heavenly Sword (i.e. 5 hours of gameplay)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Scyron

no it is about 12-15, sort of gears time length Dependant on the player's ability to do puzzles easy, not suck at combat and otherwise not die a lot. After beating the demo on hard, I think ultra-hard will be fun, hard was like hardcore for gears and wasn't very difficult since I'm used to run and get cover.

I thought the really great part was clothing getting wet, having a heavy reflection ending in a matte finish when dried. It usually takes a whole 40seconds to get fry but cool effects. The shiny rocks bother me a bit though.
Wedge14

I played the demo of this game. And boy was i bad at it!!

I really sucked at the gunplay.

I'd hide behind cover burst out and unload a clip into the air. And get shot from like 19 different directions. It was brutal. And everytime i thought i killed everyone i'd step out only to get bumrushed by fellas who were hiding.

It was fun as hell. I just wasn't very good at it.

The presentation was amazing, the wet clothes the characters dialogue etc.

What i was really impressed with was the close quarters combat. I figured the only moves i had available were punches. But lo and behold i was running around like an idiot as fellas shot me from like 30 different directions and my guy flat out dropped kicked someone.

I think it was that moment where i was like. "I need to own this game."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
VentZX

I've only played the demo, but I absolutely love it and I will in fact own it soon. I do love the gun play, how it forces you to take cover. I'm pretty sure I was on normal mode and simply running around trying to throw punches WILL get you killed. the Graphics are beyond gorgeous. the rain forest breathes and I do believe my jaded heart cracked a little when I saw that Nate's clothes get partially wet. The few platforming bits I ran into felt smooth and natural. This game is right up there with Ratchet & Clank as PS3 game of the year, and honestly, competitor for game of the year period in my opinion.
SNT1

^Halo fapboys wuld say otherwise, but Drake's will have a good case for PS3 Game of the Year.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Mwulf

VentZX wrote:...simply running around trying to throw punches WILL get you killed.
It all depends on what's going on. I've taken on three guys at a time with little problems, but if an enemy has good cover and a machine gun, you'll get mowed down before you can even take one out.

The coolest thing in the game has to be that "oh ****!" feeling you get. It happens all the time. When you're dangling from a sheer castle wall over a cliff and your handhold crumbles and falls, when a truck explodes and flies through the air and nearly hits you, when you get a grenade tossed at you, or when a really fat guy with a shotgun flanks, or when someone gets in a .50cal machinegun turret and blows your cover to smithereens....

Just damn. Hot damn. :P
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Scyron

I thought the grenades have been very very weak, usually you take a foot step away and are unscathed and not even stunned. I only noticed ringing ears, which wasn't really bad.

I wish they were more powerful or had a larger influence on their surroundings. Seems they work well enough on the NPCs though.

I have a feeling this game is going to be a sleeper hit, or at best overlooked by far too many especially ps3 owners. So far I haven't see any commercials for the game, and hardly any news or much talk/hype from the internet. Still going to be pretty cool.
Randall Miyashiro

I played the first 11-12 levels last night. I got to the level after the second watersled (don't know what you call those things). I got a bit stuck on the level after you blow up the big pile of barrels, so went to bed.

I did buy my PS3 primarily as a Blu-ray player and the last game I bought was Motorstorm back in April which I barely played. I have become extremely addicted to HD-DVD and Blu-ray, and really don't play games besides the occasional RTS.
Scyron

beat the game 1000/1000 achievement points (or whatever sony is calling it), got all 61 treasures.

I have to say this game was great, I played it pretty much every time I wanted to game, and I beat it back to back 3 times. The only games that compare to it, in my opinion, are gears of war and resident evil 4.

I just hope that more games give ingame unlockables for getting all the achievements. Also the cheats are really fun for screwing around after you unlock them. Amazingly enough even on easy the game took like 7 hours, which is only 3 less than it took me on the hardest difficulty on my second time though. (on hard, my first time through, I think it was like 8.5 hours or so)