Banpresto games merges with Bandai Namco

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Kurando

Banpresto games merges with Bandai Namco

Banpresto's game division merges with Bandai Namco...
http://aeug.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_arc ... 3996430758

Do you think this is make things better or worse?
J-Lead

I always liked to think that things couldn't get any worse. Besides, this sorta gives me hope for some action oriented SRW OG games...without the turn based stuff...or the SD look.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Kuruni

Only thing I concern is SRX and Banpreios's Guant Genocider...will it keep same "Ta-dan-da-dan" (Banpresto's logo music)?

Well, I sure miss that music...
J-Lead wrote:some action oriented SRW OG games...without the turn based stuff...or the SD look
What? You really want Scramble Commander OG? :?
My girlfriend was a loli.
J-Lead

Kuruni wrote:Only thing I concern is SRX and Banpreios's Guant Genocider...will it keep same "Ta-dan-da-dan" (Banpresto's logo music)?

Well, I sure miss that music...
J-Lead wrote:some action oriented SRW OG games...without the turn based stuff...or the SD look
What? You really want Scramble Commander OG? :?
No. I'm imagining a little less SC and little more more EIS/VS/ACE. :)
AU_Gundam MK II

I think keeping the B-Presto music won't do anything bad. At least the dev team for SRW is still the same, so I still believe we can still see some quality SRW, albeit with some improvements (Just keep the trend of having a Mazinger series, Getter series, and Gundam series there.)
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Maniaxe

I wonder, would this help our chances of seeing OGS and OGG released outside Japan?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I don't think OG1 and 2 did so well though, did they?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
AU_Gundam MK II

Heard that OG1 and 2's sales were somewhat bad compared to other games. Not part of the top 200 games as I heard.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Ascension

Alright everybody, go out and buy a second copy of each of the games NOW! Give 'em a little encouragement! :lol:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Mark064

Maniaxe wrote:I wonder, would this help our chances of seeing OGS and OGG released outside Japan?
Nope not one bit. The exact same reasons that it has yet to hit American shores remain unchanged.
codename:v

It ain't so bad... Currently the economy was so bad and the best way to survive the storm is to gather all your resources under one house to minimise damages and losses. Better than watching Banpresto going bankrupt, right?
Hey, at least there won't be anymore mecha design copyrights disputes between Bandai and its subsidiaries since everything are under 1 house. Who knows? Maybe we can see a 1/100 MG SRX(fuly combinable and separable) out in the market and I bet all my money on that...
Chris
Administrator

codename:v wrote:It ain't so bad... Currently the economy was so bad and the best way to survive the storm is to gather all your resources under one house to minimise damages and losses. Better than watching Banpresto going bankrupt, right?
Hey, at least there won't be anymore mecha design copyrights disputes between Bandai and its subsidiaries since everything are under 1 house. Who knows? Maybe we can see a 1/100 MG SRX(fuly combinable and separable) out in the market and I bet all my money on that...
I really wish people would stop spreading these rumors about problems with mecha designs between Bandai and Banpresto. Bandai has been a partial owner of Banpresto (hence the name) since BEFORE the SRW series was created, and Banpresto became a wholly-owned subsidiary last year. If Bandai didn't want mecha that look like Gundams in SRW, the Huckebeins would never have been created in the first place, let alone by Hajime Katoki.

Also, I don't think there was ever any threat of Banpresto going bankrupt. Like I said, the company was already wholly-owned by Bandai, so this just places them in the hierarchy of Bandai Namco Games and streamlines management by probably eliminating some duplicate positions.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
VR7

plz be more worried bout the new name

When Bandai and Namco merged, I was more worried about the company name that they were going to use. Figured they would use some weird name like Banco or Namdai, but then they settled for Bandai Namco like Square Enix did.

Now Banpresto... There are a few possibilities.

Banco Presto?
Nampresto Bandai?
Banampresto?

etc. etc. I think Banco Presto sounds cool. :P

On another note, I wonder if we'll be seeing Namco related franchises in the SRW series too, like Xenosaga.
-noel
codename:v

My dear, it would still be called Banpresto even after it merged with Bandai-Namco. Banpresto will be in charge of arcade amusement development.
And I also wish that SRW fans will now be able to differentiate between a Delta Gundam and a Huckebein...
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Re: plz be more worried bout the new name

VR7 wrote:
On another note, I wonder if we'll be seeing Namco related franchises in the SRW series too, like Xenosaga.
It would be interesting to see how it'll work out.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
J-Lead

*shakes fist at Xenosaga*

VR7 wrote:On another note, I wonder if we'll be seeing Namco related franchises in the SRW series too, like Xenosaga.
*sighs, and remembers that Xenogears was made by Square.*

Xenogears...man, there's a franchise that I'd like to see included in SRW, especially since I have no insight into the story of Xenosaga, nor have the patience to play another turn based RPG, much less three of them...
Recon 5

Would be interesting to see KOS- MOS as a unit by herself, without a mech. She doesn't need a mech.
Dygenguard

Re: *shakes fist at Xenosaga*

J-Lead wrote:
VR7 wrote:On another note, I wonder if we'll be seeing Namco related franchises in the SRW series too, like Xenosaga.
*sighs, and remembers that Xenogears was made by Square.*

Xenogears...man, there's a franchise that I'd like to see included in SRW, especially since I have no insight into the story of Xenosaga, nor have the patience to play another turn based RPG, much less three of them...
I don't blame you, after the first episode of XS, I felt like I was just wandering through a poorly written sequel fanfic with the next two games. The second game was a horrible experiment in game design that ended up making it just a playable movie where you avoided combat as much as possible (since you hardly got enough points to make your party truly effective) and rushed from Point A to B to move the story along. I remember the first disc took me less than three hours to complete.

And this is in contrast to XG, which paved the way for a very expansive and truly unique franchise. Too bad Square didn't feel like giving it enough time or money. Then it goes to Namco and turns into an anime that you play...then Tetsuya Takahashi is thrown off his own project...man, it was just a downward spiral from there...

This isn't to say they ruin every game they touch, just Namco probably isn't a good RPG company. Yeah, yeah, they have the Tales series, but just look at how well it's done outside of Japan -- sales have been dismal on every title except Symphonia.

Still, I wouldn't neglect Xeno-gears/saga from SRW. I'll take the Yggdrassil over the Nadesico anyday -- Nadesico needs a break anyway, they've been in umpteen SRW titles.
Ougi: Guren Maengun!!!
J-Lead

Re: *shakes fist at Xenosaga*

Dygenguard wrote:I don't blame you, after the first episode of XS, I felt like I was just wandering through a poorly written sequel fanfic with the next two games. The second game was a horrible experiment in game design that ended up making it just a playable movie where you avoided combat as much as possible (since you hardly got enough points to make your party truly effective) and rushed from Point A to B to move the story along. I remember the first disc took me less than three hours to complete.

And this is in contrast to XG, which paved the way for a very expansive and truly unique franchise. Too bad Square didn't feel like giving it enough time or money. Then it goes to Namco and turns into an anime that you play...then Tetsuya Takahashi is thrown off his own project...man, it was just a downward spiral from there...
See, that's what I really liked about Xenogears. It actually ended! There is no possibility for a sequal, seeing as *spoiler* the gears are no longer operational thanks to the dissapearance of the Zohar engine, their power source. *end spoiler*

I wouldn't have any complaints about Xenosaga...if the two universes were actually connected officially, rather than just "Two completely different universes with a helluva lot of referances to one another."

Despite the obvious problems with ownership, Xenogears would really do well in an SRW title. I mean, it's as if Weltall-Id isn't super robot-ish enough; It caught a huge sand-submarine with one hand, and Id even managed to make a sarcastic retort before retaliating (See signature.) Hell, I wouldn't even hesitate to say that the story would make for a really decent inclusion in the many combined-plots like those seen in the SRW Alpha series.
Kuruni

Ehh...isn't Xenogears take place on alien planet?

On other hand, possibly that we would see Kyosuke and Excellen in whatever non-SRW crossover (similar to Capcom VS Namco). Or Sanger in Soul Calibur? :lol:
My girlfriend was a loli.