How come Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire for PS3 gets bad.....

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

.....reviews I personally like the game alot but then again im a huge Gundam fan but still as a mech game it is pretty good I hope they make more Gundam games just like Crossfire
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Tafumi

The title was showing great promise in TGS and E3 prior to it's launch. However, due to it's rushed production to get it out there as a launch title, the game was filled with 'quirks' that turned off a lot of players. As well, it made some players (that were looking forward to it's release) feel betrayed in a way. Like qasui-false advertisement without the actual legal implications therein.

Some people say they never experienced the horrific framerate drops and horrid clipping issues that the game had. But the general concensus is that those are two of the largest issues that garnered it such poor reviews.

I played the heck out of the game on both the E.F.F. and Zeon side of the house. But now that I've since officially declared the game as "Beat" I'll probably never pick the title back up again. Will probably end up trading it in for something else. Despite the fact it's collected dust on my shelf for coming up on a year.

At least, that's my observation.
mcred23

Tafumi wrote:Some people say they never experienced the horrific framerate drops and horrid clipping issues that the game had. But the general concensus is that those are two of the largest issues that garnered it such poor reviews.
That is one of the (If not the) biggest point of why Crossfire gets the poor reviews that it does. For the people who have experienced this (I am in that group in my few plays of the game), it is a huge and immediate turn off. Some of the more die-hard otaku my be able to ignore the problem, but even as a Gundam fan, I found it to be a huge annoyance and why I've never expressed further interest in the game.

Now, thats not saying every copy of game has these problems. I've heard (Although never seen) of the game working perfectly, without the major problems and issues most reviews point out, but it seems the vast majority of them suffer from them.

I strongly suggest reading Chris' review of the game. While it is another of the "bad" reviews of the game you mention, it does point out pretty much every single issue that the game is known to have and is more detailed than most other reviews of the game.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

This is from the review "For the most part, the unimpressive graphics and erratic frame rate make this feel like a PS2 game masquerading as a PS3 title. "

I guess since I have been playing games since the NES era those problems mean nothing to me because I think this game looks beautiful
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Mark064

You can't understand because your logic is horribly flawed. By that logic every game is excellent and there should be no bad reviews because it's better then early games like ET for the Atari, in every asspect. If they were to make a game with worse graphics, game play, and controls then we'd have a bad game! You have to base reviews on the current standards and not standards from 1980. These days issues like framerate, clipping, and so on are far more rampant then in the 2D era.
Chris
Administrator

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:This is from the review "For the most part, the unimpressive graphics and erratic frame rate make this feel like a PS2 game masquerading as a PS3 title. "

I guess since I have been playing games since the NES era those problems mean nothing to me because I think this game looks beautiful
I'll agree with Mark that this statement is pointless, especially since *I* have been playing video games since the NES era. I can still enjoy games from those days, especially Super NES games, but as Mark said, you have to judge things by current standards. I stand behind the review, and Crossfire looks worse than all the other PS3 launch titles. You look at a game like Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, and it manages to mix pretty good graphics with loads of enemies on screen, no slowdown, and a stable frame rate. Crossfire is a really bad excuse for a PS3 game.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his

I like to think positive that is why I base games from the NES era because that way I know every game is good but in their own way

J-Lead

Re: How come Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire for PS3 gets bad.

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:How come Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire for PS3 gets bad.....

.....reviews I personally like the game alot but then again im a huge Gundam fan but still as a mech game it is pretty good I hope they make more Gundam games just like Crossfire
What do you care about the reviews? If you like the game, you like the game, pure and simple, and not Gamespot, IGN, Adam Sessler, or Chris have a say in what you like. The whole point of a review is it's one person's objective opinion, that's all. I kinda liked the game, but man, there were some real flaws in it.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Apache

Tafumi wrote:I played the heck out of the game on both the E.F.F. and Zeon side of the house. But now that I've since officially declared the game as "Beat" I'll probably never pick the title back up again. Will probably end up trading it in for something else. Despite the fact it's collected dust on my shelf for coming up on a year.
Thats what I do with almost every Gundam game after a wile its just the same mission with a different suit that handles the exact same. The only games Ive ever played again were Federation Vs Zeon, and encounters in space.

The main reason I think it got such a bad score was because its way to close to being one of the ps2 titles, the suits always act terrible when fighting on bumpy terrain, and a bunch of the bugs were never really worked out. I thought it was a good game tho, I would have given it around a 6 or 7, defiantly not a 2 or 3; whatever it got.
Recon 5

I always say that if you're the only one in the whole world who likes a game (and everyone else wants to flush it down the toilet when they next get the call), the ones who are wrong are those who tell you that you shouldn't like the game.

Really, the only people in this world who are in serious need of some navel- gazing are those who think that a person's opinion should be changed if its different from theirs, whatever the case may be.
Tafumi

I didn't flat-out hate the game. A Gundam game is a Gundam game as far as I'm concerned. I'll play it even if it's SD Gundam Vs Barbie Summertime Adventure Deluxe. It's got Gundam in it, I'll play the heck out of it.

But I have seen better. Far better. I tried to take it for what it was worth, a launch title. And while launch titles are usually dressed to impress as they're all you got on the platform for a while, you win some and you loose some.
Scyron

I thought it was really fun for the 4 days I was hooked on it, at that I got it for $20 off brand new, so I thought it was a good deal. As my first ps3 game it was alright. I just know it isn't a killer title, Vash told me in irc and it was hard for me to stomach for a while but gundam games generally are terrible like most anime based games. I think the whole point is for fanservice, especially in a country that hardly has a community anymore.

I really thought the frame rate issue was terrible, it took me about 2 days to get used to and allow myself to play it, without just getting mad. I mean melee was terrible unless you are a spartan GM or whatever the twin-beam saber one is. I think the game could have been better all around, although it was decent... Knowing gundam games it could have been much worse.

If they were to make a new updated version, I really would just like faster melee combat and better frame rate, other than that I thought it was fine, it entertained me for what it was worth and tided me over until I got Lair a month or so later (that game is actually worse imo)

When I look at games I really try to compare them in two fashions one is against the best title of the time, and another is against similar genre titles such as other gundam games or anime or mech games. I think looking at games this way allows the person to understand, "hey this game is terrible when compared to gears of war" but "Hey this game kicks journey to jaburo's butt megatime!".
bluemax151

Chris wrote:You look at a game like Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, and it manages to mix pretty good graphics with loads of enemies on screen, no slowdown, and a stable frame rate. Crossfire is a really bad excuse for a PS3 game.
Also note the individual unit detail in Gundam Musou is nowhere near that of Gundam Crossfire. Say whatever you will but Musou like all dynasty/samurai warrior games isn't winning any awards in graphics quality.

And BTW we have a thread for this here.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010