Call of Duty 4

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Which system are you buying Call of Duty 4 on?

PS3
25%
Xbox360
50%
Other
17%
I'm not Buying Call of Duty 4
8%

Total votes: 24
VentZX

Call of Duty 4

I just picked it up for the PS3. I haven't played yet, but the reviews have been amazing so far.

If anyone else is picking this game up, my PSN name is Amuro1X. We should play sometime. Otherwise, if you have picked up the game and played, what system did you buy it for and what do you think so far?

From what I've read, the PS3 and 360 versions are equal in graphics and framerate, so it really comes down to your preference.
Scyron

I loved the beta, I can't afford it now but I hope to get the 360 version. The multiplayer was just so fun. halo style recharge but CS style total life bar, and the perks :drools:
J-Lead

Dammit! I forgot it was out already! I'll just have to pick it up tommorow or something...

Oh yeah, I'm getting it for PS3. (PC should be on the list, BTW.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Jak Stoller

I'm snaggin it for the 360, mostly cause my little laptop can't play it :P

--Jak
Zeonic Glory

I don't have a PS3 so I'll get it for 360 on the weekend. Looks very promising.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Tafumi

Picked it up for the 360. As I said elsewhere, when given a choice between 360 and PS3, I always go 360 for the time being due to the online interface systems.
J-Lead

Ended up picking it up for the 360, since they were out of PS3 copies (dammit...)

I actually find it interesting to play as the British Special Air Service. :)
mcred23

Although I'm not sure when it will happen, I will be getting this game for the Xbox 360, and then playing it for 29 hours straight. :mrgreen:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
VentZX

J-Lead wrote: (PC should be on the list, BTW.)
d'oh! I'm stupid like that. I did manage to play a bit, and wow. The game is in fact amazing. I'll try multiplayer this weekend.
Zeonic Glory

A quick question. Is the campaign single-player only?
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Scyron

Zeonic Glory wrote:A quick question. Is the campaign single-player only?
Yes and only 5 hours long I hear, but I honestly would buy this game for multiplayer alone.
Vash

I got it, and I love it. This is one of the few games where I like the multiplayer more than the single player. At first I was sucking pretty hard at it, which had me confused since I played the beta and was pretty decent at it. Then, after a match where I missed about 5 knife kills that seem to be a sure thing, I figured out it was my connection. None of the usual problems with lag, people werent randomly teleporting in an out like they do with your typical laggy game, but I just seemed to be a second or two behind. Then after my connection got better, the first round I played my team won and I was overall MVP. So that answers that. One thing that kind of sucks though is it doesnt seem to filter matches by rank at all. So someone just starting out will very likely be going against people level 30 and up. Its not to easy when you have basically no skills and you have to fight people with last stand/martyrdom, unlocked guns w/ all the special scopes, and all the little extra perks. Thankfully you level up pretty quickly, but its an issue that I wish was addressed.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
J-Lead

Scyron wrote:
Zeonic Glory wrote:A quick question. Is the campaign single-player only?
Yes and only 5 hours long I hear, but I honestly would buy this game for multiplayer alone.
For a college student with a part time job, (much like myself,) 5-6 hours can definitely stretch out over a few weeks, so I don't really mind that much.
Tafumi

I would buy the game just for the AC-130 gunship fun.

But the levels aren't too long, but not too terribly short either. I'm digging it.
Jak Stoller

So I picked up the game yesterday, and I gotta say I like it more than Halo 3 on every aspect. Its just so much darn fun. From the campaign mode (which is actually really engaging for a FPS story :P) to the multiplayer (Shucks son, you just got owned by my MP5, whatcha gonna do about i-Gah! He knifed me from behind!), its just a blast. If ya see me on there ( [Ez8] Jak Stoller), say hey.

--Jak
quasadra

got PC edition yesterday and im only at second stage. the first thing i notice is the accuratcy of the rifle, which reminds me im not using 60 years old antics and i can shoot walls(unfortunely the eneny can too). also the container misson really gives me an idea on what its takes to be a special force, the practice i took earlier is almost indentical to the actual mission.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Toxicity

A friend of mine got it for 360 yesterday, and I was over at his house mopping the floor with him and another guy. I don't believe I've never touched a Call of Duty game before this one. That game is awesome!! Next time I get my hands on the money, I'm definetely getting this for the 360.

Close Quarters FTW!! That submachinegun can really tear shit apart!!
Zeonic Glory

When I get it sometime, anyone want to play a game with me? My gamertag is the same as my name.
The Big Zabowski

And yet they put it on the DS, and not the Wii? The hell? :?

*shrugs* Maybe it's for the better, since the setup for the controls on III were just a pain at best. Oh well. Guess I'll stay on the outside looking in. :(

You try doing the hand to hand stuff with those remotes..XP
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Antares

My personal favorite still is Behind Enemy Lines, but enough of that. The short single player campaign (again) is rather disappointing. It's not that I don't have friends to play with (okay, not that many), but I also enjoy shooting by myself at times. Maybe that has some relation to me being a PCer rather than a console-man. All in all it was fairly good though, as CoD usually delivers better and more believable shooters than other similar series in this field (I found this review [discretion advised, harsh language] of MOHAA by ZeroPunctuation summing up quite well some of my problems with that series, if you focus on the gameplay, not the politics :P ).
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.