Tabula Rasa

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Nagato21

Tabula Rasa

I am surprised no one has started a thread about this new MMO RPG. I still havent brought it but my cousin already has it and I admit its a nice change from the classic dungeon and quest that most rpgs offer.
So people what are your thoughts ?
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
ZeBaron

I was in the beta for the game, and I must say it is a splendid departure from the typical fantasy hack-n-slash of your average MMO. The grind is still most definitely there (to quote Yahtzee Croshaw, the grind is one of the only things that keep people hooked on an MMO); however, you trade in your swords for firearms right at the start: you're given a handgun and then a pretty decent rifle within the first 10 minutes.

The combat is a lot of run-and-gun, you move around a LOT to get up to enemies or drop back to pick them off at range. THe rifles even do more range when you're crouched. The weapons do much more damage than what would be expected (your first rifle hits for about 60 a hit) but enemies have the HP to match. I'm unaware of the presence of mounts of any kind, though.

Basically, imagine WoW set in the far future and it's repetitive, clunky combat system was replaced with a dynamic, fluid TPS style control layout and play style, with quick access to skills. Did I mention you can use spell-like skills that are class-specific and you need to find certain in-game idols to learn how to use properly? Well, you do, and it's a very refreshing experience if you've been jaded by the likes of Warcrack, Eversuck and other fantasy-based MMOs (i.e. damn near all of them).
Well f*** my a**...IT'S A DECEPTACON!!!
Nagato21

What about the AI?
I heard ennemies can surround you or set up ambush and etc?
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!