Video Gaming Injuries: Got a Purple Heart?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ZeBaron

A Wii incident here. I was at a friend's house and playing Wii Sports. I was bowling, and I got into it with the whole arm motion thing...and my hand smacked into his overhead fan. That was spinning very fast. Twice.

Amazingly, it didn't scrape up my hand too badly...
Well f*** my a**...IT'S A DECEPTACON!!!
RX 93 ZZ

got two injuries here for yah:

1) when i was playing gundam battle assault 2 like three years ago i was playing as Gundam Maxter on hard against the dark gundam(whom i had never beaten before) and i spent like 3 hours repetitively trying to beat him.....long story short..... i end up winning with barely any health left,jump up from excitment and slam my head into my basement's low cieling knocking me out for about 20 seconds.....ouch

2)playing that rayman game for the wii.......the one mini game where you have to spin the bull looking thing......all in all......i whacked myself in the face.....VERY painful :roll:
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Recon 5

ZeBaron wrote:A Wii incident here. I was at a friend's house and playing Wii Sports. I was bowling, and I got into it with the whole arm motion thing...and my hand smacked into his overhead fan. That was spinning very fast. Twice.

Amazingly, it didn't scrape up my hand too badly...
I'm surprised you didn't quit and move somewhere else after the first time.

Myself? I've gotten very freaking near close to Carpal Tunnel quite a few times (I blame MMOs) and my hands were actually more callused after my stint with Gundam Battle Assault 2 than they were from the weightlifting and badminton I was also into at the time. Good stuff;
Vash

A permanent blister on my left thumb from Guitar Hero II, and carpaltunnel.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Apache

A few years ago when DBZ was big and the second or third game came out for the Ps2 I rubbed all the skin off of my palm rotating the stick. I couldent close my hand for two or three weeks.
ZeonfromHell

I was playing the 360 version Guitar Hero with my neighbor down the hall. He maxed out his Star Power meter and was going to really wail on a part in The Trooper (on expert no less!). He jerked his guitar really hard, and it went really wide and hit me in the chin. It cut me and I bled. Fortunately it was only a scrape, so it didn't scar.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ZeonfromHell

oops! delete this post
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.