Warhammer 40K Advice

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Zangetsu

Warhammer 40K Advice

Just wondering if the 40K plyers would mind helping a battle brother out. Please advise to me anything I could do to make this list better?

Terra's Halo 6th Configuration

List Limit-1750
ADV-Honor your Wargear
DAV-Have Faith in Suspicion

HQ- Master Commander, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol=91

Elites-
Devastator Squad- 7 Man, 4 Lascannons, Infriltrate=263
Devastator Squad- 7 Man, 4 Lascannons, Infriltrate=263
Devastator Squad- 7 Man, 4 Heavy Bolters, Infriltrate=183

Troops-
Scout Squad, 6 Man, 6 Sniper Rifles=110
Tactical Squad, 6 Man, Heavy Bolter=95

Fast Attack-
Lanspeeder Tornado=80
Two Lanspeeder Tornados=160
Assualt Squad- 5 Man=110

Heavy Support-
Predator Anihilator, Side Sponsons Heavy Bolters=130

Is this good or does it need improvement?

I typicly fight a Nidzilla swarm (link below)
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/ ... p?t=105117

and a necron list which comprises of....
1 Lord Destroyer- Veil of Darkness, Phase Shifter
20 Warriors
20 Flayed Ones
9 Wraiths
8 Heavyy Destroyers
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
RedShirt0909

I can't tell you how important having at least 1 Terminator squad in the Elites section is. Things are invulnerable, and pack one heckuva wallop, especially if you can get them into close combat. Last game I was in the GD things went through half my Tau Crisis suits, plus killing one of my Hammerhead Tanks while taking massed fire from everything I had short of my railguns. They are walking tanks. You should also have 1 Land Raider in heavy support for the same reason - they can't be killed without massed antitank fire. If I recall properly, also, Devastators are a heavy support option, not an Elite, unless that was changed since I sold my marines and went to Tau a few years back. Against that Tyranid army, you'll definitely want more Tactical squads with the number of troops that the 'Nids use; consider dropping a Land Speeder or two for this. Tornadoes pack a decent punch, but die VERY fast against antitank weapons.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Zangetsu

Due to the Honour your Wargear Advantage I can run Devastators as elites if I give them tank hunters of infriltrate.

Also I'm very hesitant about using LRCs because in the first game I used it, it died from one genestealer. ONE!

And I have to keep my list at or below 1750 pts.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
[BAWOO]

Wow, this list will be quite expensive...

I think the Assault squad is quite useless, though, even if you just use it to tie up things in close combat. I would take give the Captain jump packs and an iron halo, which in my opinion is better than the 5-man assault squad.

You can also consider a Predator Destructor with Las sponsons- I find people generally ignore it due to it's weird armament.

I agree that an LRC wouldn't be that useful against these two enemies, as you have no strong CC squads and the LRC's close range weapons means it will be torn apart by the necrons.

I hope this helps :)