Bungie Splits (sort of) from Microsoft

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Vash

Bungie Splits (sort of) from Microsoft

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/825/825215p1.html

So it looks like the rumors were true. Bungie will still develop for MS platforms, and MS still owns Halo, but MS no longer owns Bungie completly. I'm kind of sad about it, but it will be interesting to see what new things Bungie comes up with now that they are no longer spending 100% of their time on Halo.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Phantomexe87

Awesome news for anyone who doesn't have an X-Box. Though even before that, Bungie made games for Macs, so, not too big of a change. With the new Wii-Zapper I'd enjoy a Bungie shooter on the Wii.

With Halo (or the main trilogy anyway) over, I am sure Bungie already has something new in the works.
Scyron

Phantomexe87 wrote:Awesome news for anyone who doesn't have an X-Box. Though even before that, Bungie made games for Macs, so, not too big of a change. With the new Wii-Zapper I'd enjoy a Bungie shooter on the Wii.

With Halo (or the main trilogy anyway) over, I am sure Bungie already has something new in the works.
halo wars :p

Well I guess it is time to see what next AAA title they might produce.
Vash

Scyron wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:Awesome news for anyone who doesn't have an X-Box. Though even before that, Bungie made games for Macs, so, not too big of a change. With the new Wii-Zapper I'd enjoy a Bungie shooter on the Wii.

halo wars :p

Well I guess it is time to see what next AAA title they might produce.
Halo Wars is being made by Ensemble Studios, although I think bungie has an advisory role in it or something.
Nimrod

As Vash said, I'll be curious to see what they do that isn't Halo related. Will they stick with first person shooters or try something else?

It will be very interesting to see what their first non-MS Post-halo game turns out to be.
Saikuba

I want to see something done with an Oni-style engine. There hasn't really been great melee along with decent gunplay since then, as far as I can see. F.E.A.R. I guess was kind of close with the crazy kicks and stuff that you could do, but I found them too tedious to execute and overall too unnecessary to really affect anything. Don't really care if the story would be a continuation or not, or if the world would be the same or not, I just want to play that shooting-melee mix type of thing again.

Of course that's if they even have any of the Oni team still in the company, which is probably doubtful.
Vash

Saikuba wrote:I want to see something done with an Oni-style engine. There hasn't really been great melee along with decent gunplay since then, as far as I can see. F.E.A.R. I guess was kind of close with the crazy kicks and stuff that you could do, but I found them too tedious to execute and overall too unnecessary to really affect anything. Don't really care if the story would be a continuation or not, or if the world would be the same or not, I just want to play that shooting-melee mix type of thing again.
Devil May Cry? I've never played Oni, but the Halos are probably the best FPSs I've played when it comes to melee action.