PS3 Rumble confirmed

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Vash

PS3 Rumble confirmed

In a move that wont shock (har har) anyone, it's confirmed that sony is making a version of the sixaxis with rumble.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821010p1.html

Personally, I wish they'd ditch the motion control alltogether, as its been my experience that when required to do anything other than simply flail about, the sixaxis as a motion controller completly fails.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Scyron

I guess this makes it a bit above a 360 controller in terms of internal battery, motion control and the rumble, albeit the motion controls aren't fun to use like the wiis. :(

yes, talk like a pirate day to you too. Kind of glad about it, I'll pick it up but I wish it was announce earlier, instead of all the denial about it.
Mwulf

Shouldn't TGS stuff go in the pre-existing TGS thread? You're gonna make SNT1 cry. ~__~
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Deus EpS Machina

rumble in the new controller....

im somewhat reminded of Coca-Cola Classic... :P
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
swordoath

Scyron wrote:I guess this makes it a bit above a 360 controller in terms of internal battery, motion control and the rumble, albeit the motion controls aren't fun to use like the wiis. :(
Obviously you haven't tried the Folklore demo yet. I'm having all sorts of fun ripping monsters' souls from their bodies by flicking the controller.

Adding rumble motors to the Sixaxis seems like a rather useless addition to me. Then again, I don't play my games with rumble on, so whatever. It'll make them pretty heavy though -- heavier than a PS2 controller at least, since you have to account for the internal battery, receiver equipment and motion devices. I wonder if they won't get HUEG like classic Xbox controllers.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
Scyron

Oh I agree the motion control is dumb (I purchased lair, after all) but if the feature is ever improved to be as useful as a wiimote, I'm all for it. Right now it feels real gimmicky, and I can agree rumble wasn't a big loss but whatever, I still need a second official ps3 controller, so by the time of mgs4 I hope I have one.
Vash

swordoath wrote: Adding rumble motors to the Sixaxis seems like a rather useless addition to me. Then again, I don't play my games with rumble on, so whatever. It'll make them pretty heavy though -- heavier than a PS2 controller at least, since you have to account for the internal battery, receiver equipment and motion devices. I wonder if they won't get HUEG like classic Xbox controllers.
The motors will be in the "handle" parts of the controller, just like they were in the dualshock2. Since the sixaxis is semi transparent, you can see by holding it up to the light that there's absolutely nothing in the handles, so it would be pretty easy to fit rumble motors in there. Also weight shouldnt be much of an issue, to be honest the thing is a little too light to begin with, I imagine the final thing should weigh about the same as the dualshock 2. My only fear is that battery life will suck now, which is about the only major detractment I have for the 360 controller.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
ZeonfromHell

I agree. The Six-Axis is a miss, whereas Wii's motions controls are a big hit. Plus, I read that there aren't hardly any games that truly make use of the six-axis feature anyways. I like the vibration function, and have liked it since Starfox64 came with the Rumble Pak(=epic win!!). If I wanted a motion-detecting controller, I'd have picked up a Wii.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
supperrfreek

yeah who wouldn't honestly I don't even think it would be useful with the most complicated games, unless the console is wii, just include a rumble pak not motion sensor controls.
Aegis

Personally, I found the rumble feature to do nothing at best, a distraction at worst. I could care less if rumble was added to the six-axis or not.