Halo 3: Believe

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Vash

Halo 3: Believe

http://halo3.com/believe/

Website devoted to the Believe advertising campaign. Probably the best series of advertisements I've ever seen. Most games (especially Halo 2) take the "bombastic hollywood movie trailer" approach, but this is more quiet, somber and personal. The website is a flash-based look at a giant diorama of the battle of New Mombasa, and even cooler is that you can take a wallpaper sized screencap at any time. It's also got a few videos, my favorite is the "Making Of" video, that shows how the diorama was constructed, but it's narrated so that they're talking about how it was built 50 years after the battle, and they looked back at records to get it as close to the "real thing" as possible. It sounds kind of corny, but its actually really cool.

In 10 more days, we will finally Finish the Fight.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Blade of the Red Comet

7 days...the waiting is...killing..me. Must...freeze...myself or the wait might kill me... ARRRGUARRGHGHGAHRG!!!

Awesome website though. I've been really pleased with Bungie's whole campaign for Halo 3. Alot of really cool video but yet holding back...alot.
Scyron

Blade of the Red Comet wrote:7 days...the waiting is...killing..me. Must...freeze...myself or the wait might kill me... ARRRGUARRGHGHGAHRG!!!

Awesome website though. I've been really pleased with Bungie's whole campaign for Halo 3. Alot of really cool video but yet holding back...alot.
You could ask someone that got a copy. There was a store that broke street date, I think in norway or sweden?. Bunch of images floating around, I'm sure there are youtubes as well.

I can't enjoy it till 26th or 27th, more than likely 26th though. Luckily I'm getting school off that tursday till like beginning of october, so it'll be worth it.
OpMegs

*blinks as he gets to the end*

Ohhhhh dear. I'd wondered what they meant in the first video clip about "when Master Chief primed the grenade"...
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
solid snake

My god, that's a huge and incredibly detailed diorama. I'd love to actually see it in person.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
yukikaze

7 days........
the diorama is FREAKIN huge. 1200 square feet.
the beleive avertising campain is very good, you can barely tell its for a video game. it the only commercial ive ever been inspired by. but they need to do more actual avertising to regular people to make them buy it, but this is deffinatly a new technique when it comes to a video game.
Still waiting on that MG V2 Bandai...
Blade of the Red Comet

yukikaze wrote:7 days........
but they need to do more actual avertising to regular people to make them buy it, but this is deffinatly a new technique when it comes to a video game.
A game on the scale of Halo advertises itself...that's why this "minimalist" ad campaign is so effective...it keeps people frothing at the bit to get anything Halo related. I say "minimalist" only because there's only been a handfull of commercials so far and I have this feeling that Halo 2 was hyped up and advertised alot more via TV spots and commercials. Although I have been seeing alot of newpaper articles about Halo 3 this week. My guess, though, is that by the end of the week...especially over the weekend we'll be seeing alot more commercials and stuff. Shoot, Morgan Webb (HOT :D ) is having a 5 hour pre-release mini-marathon Monday night before the release at midnight on G4.
Its weird though, cause all of the commercials have kind of this sad, melancholy feel to them. Especially that shot of Master Chief at the end of the E3 trailer where he's looming over that blue consol and the piano is playing that sad tune....makes me wonder if the Chief will die at the end.
Nagato21

This all thing reinforce the believe we are loosing the war.
I've read the 1st Halo comic book and it shows how devastating the Covenant invasion is; not to mention the Brute got upgraded, you wonder if we really are gonna win.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Blade of the Red Comet

Nagato21 wrote:This all thing reinforce the believe we are loosing the war.
I've read the 1st Halo comic book and it shows how devastating the Covenant invasion is; not to mention the Brute got upgraded, you wonder if we really are gonna win.
They kinda give that away, sadly. If there's a "Museum of Humanity" with tales of those who survived...then Humanity does, in fact, survive in some way. And seriously....do you really expect the Chief to lose?? That's not in his nature!

Food for thought:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/200 ... htm?csp=34

"The epic tradition that gave us The Aeneid, The Illiad, and The Odyssey is being reawakened."
-Roger Travis, Classics Professor. Taken from USA Today
Blue 55

Indeed it was onderful and sad at the same time. :( A job well done, excellent work Bungie I salute you.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
Blade of the Red Comet

14 hours and 40 minutes......
Bright Noa

Blade of the Red Comet wrote:14 hours and 40 minutes......
.....until I will be able to hear both Times Square (Toys 'R Us launch) and Union Square (Circuit City launch) from my apartment......

Not that I'm bad mouthing Halo....but still.....New York is going to be a bit louder tonight than usual.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
SNT1

There's going to be Fanboy Summits in our local Best Buy's and Gamestops tonight...

Again, my only hope is that Halo 3 will be so good that Gears of War 2 sometime in the future can up the ante.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
J-Lead

Which is why I'm waiting till the day after... :|
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Blade of the Red Comet

^^I have mine pre-ordered at the Gamestop around the corner from my house so I'm gonna do a drive by and see if its just way to crazy to get it tonight. If its not bad I'll grab it, but I'm not about to wait in line for an hour to grab it and go play for 15 min before I have to go to bed in time to not be a crackhead due to lack of sleep at work Tuesday morning.
yukikaze

gah, i ordered mine from EBgames, bt i need to wait for it to come sometime tomarrow afternoon. the wait is killing.....
Still waiting on that MG V2 Bandai...
Nagato21

I know the feeling dude.
I've got to get mine to Blockbuster in about an hour and I my little brother has my car. Can yu believe this?
The greatest war of the century and I am missing it b/c he is busy having a party. :evil:
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Toxicity

I also have mine waiting for me at EbGames. I'm not going to pick it up until later this week though and to tell the truth, I'm all that excited. I picked up DW Gundam a week or two ago I haven't even gotten to play that yet, so even when I do pick up my copy, I'm probably not going to be playing it right away.
Scyron

My xbox died, how convenient. Probably worse possible time, not to mention it took a week and a half to get the box to ship it back. Arg, I should have RRD my xbox back in august when I didn't use it.

Well I guess I can be reinforcements/mopup for the fight, since clearly it will be finished before I even get started.

all my plans crushed. :(
Blade of the Red Comet

^^ :shock: Oooo...lets all pause in a moment of silence for our fallen comrade.....

My most sincere apologies, Scyron. If it makes you feel any better 2 of my friends had their 360's die right before release too. I'm starting to think its a conspiracy.