Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Destiny_Gundam

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

So I beat this game today. I normally suck at FPSs, but the Wii control system made Prime 3 easy and quite fun. I maybe only died like 5 times during my play through. I only got 60% items, but I don't think that's too bad for my first time and without using guides or anything.

I liked how it had more of an actual plot, with character interaction, and voice acting of all things. Dialouge is the reason why Metroid Fusion is my favourite in the series. Prime 3 easily takes second place.

I like how you use Samus's ship for things other than just saving and you can sit in the pilot seat and punch a bunch of buttons in the cockpit. Fiddle with your comm station enough and you actually get messages from the game developers.

The PED suit looks pretty cool and Samus herself is as badass as ever.

If you have a Wii, definitely get this game.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Vash

I really enjoy it so far, its nice to see someone FINALLY reach the potential of the wiimote. It's not perfect, and tbh I think I still prefer dual analog, but its a hell of a lot better than the control in Prime 1 and 2, and its fun to use just because of how different it is. I also like how things are broken up into smaller sections, so if you need to backtrack to an area, you just get to your ship, and fly to that section instead of having to travel halfway across the entire game on foot just to get back there. Graphically, they claim its a step up from the previous games, but I just dont see it. Looks like a gamecube game to me. But I'm not complaining! I still think its a pretty game (just as I thought the first two were) and the artwork is great. I just dont think its a step up or an advance at all. Also I liked how to begin, you didnt lose EVERYTHING again. Still gotta find the more advanced stuff, but if I had to go find the morph ball and space jump boots again I was ready to kill someone. Anyway, I think its a must-own for any Wii owner, but unfortunately for me I think its going to be lost in the shuffle, especially with Halo 3 coming out in just over a week. Probably will be awhile before I finish this puppy.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Xenogil

Fantastic game, just finished it. Great gameplay mechanics, I loved the sheer level of interactivity with the wiimote. But strafing didn't seem to be nearly as effective as it was in the first two games. I liked the stackable weapon system, and switching between visors was a lot easier. If there's one thing I couldn't stand about the first two Prime titles, it was using that tiny control pad to constantly switch between visors, especially in the first game's final boss fight. Graphics weren't a noticeable improvement over it's predecessors, but it still looks gorgeous. I was sort of dissapointed by the ending, though; I was hoping for something...deeper.
VR7

The only serious gripe I have about Metroid Prime 3 is Samus' lack of dialogue, despite being played by Jennifer Hale. I don't know Hale's best role, but I do know she played Naomi Hunter in the English version of Metal Gear Solid, (and the upcoming MGS4) where she had a lot of dialogue to spout, as opposed to a bunch of in-game grunts and yells.

That aside, I liked what I saw when I played Prime 3, and I also like how it actually pushes some of the Wii's hardware capabilities while retaining that full 60 frames per second, in comparison to what Zelda did.

And being a Metroid game, it takes me quite a while to figure out each puzzle I stumble upon. :P
-noel