Gundanium

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
markgraf

Gundanium

Hi all! I'm new to these forums and hope to come around at least semi-frequently.
Regarding the title of my thread, I am introducing Gundanium, a pen and paper campaign I did with some friends a few years back. It takes place in UC 0123 and follows a timeline based on a successful conquest of Earth through Operation British in UC 0079. The Zeon are in the middle of a civil war, The Earth Federation has completely changed over to the ideology of the Titans (and use that name), and Char Aznable is the Prime Minister of the Daikun faction, which he founded and whose purpose in the Zeon-Titan-Daikun war was purely defensive. The Daikun are the main focus of the first half of the story, including lots of gundam favorites; Char, Amuro, Lalah, Garma, Kycilia, Kamille, etc. (Garma and Kycilia defected to Daikun after realizing the Zeon civil war, lead by their nephew Nikolai, son of Gihren, wasn't worthwhile) The Daikun also feature the first two main characters in Gundanium; Azure Ahmed and Casey Manford. Azure and Casey are two pilots for the Daikun military and are fighting a war with both the Zeon and the Titans.

Following a cataclysmic battle on Venus (which was colonized at this time), many odd things began happening. A Daikun archeological team on Mars uncovered an ancient ruin and at the center of the ruin, a chamber with 5 deactivated mobile suits. A couple weeks later, The Titans attacked the fleet transporting the mobile suits and other artifacts. At the time, Casey and Azure were speaking to Azure's mother, the head of the excavation. Upon being attacked, Casey and Azure felt inclined to board two of the mobile suits. Miraculously, they responded. The screen flashed in a language they couldn't understand and then flashed the acronym "GUNDAM." Here, Azure set out in the Gundam Andravi and Casey set out in the Gundam Apostle. Their teammate Chloe, an exceptional pilot, had already started piloting the Gundam Exodus a week prior to the attack. She set out, as well as their friend Oscar Campbell, piloting the Daikun MS Blue Destiny. The Gundams reaponded to Azure and Casey with perfect fluidity, allowing them to fight at a higher level with these alien machines. Unbeknownst to the fleet, a new enemy of unknown orign was approaching. This new army was lead by a young girl who identified herself only as "Heart." Everyone fought valiantly, but there were many casualties. Among them; Oscar and Chloe, who were Azure and Casey's close teammates. The most shocking casualty was that of Amuro Ray, who Azure tried desperately to protect.

After this battle, the Daikun court martialed Azure and Casey. Azure's mobile suit went out of control and was the source of a lot of inadvertent friendly fire. She was charged with the death of her squad captain, Amuro Ray. Casey was charged with reckless endangerment through use of unverified equipment. The army soon realized that Azure and Casey were indispensible as the Gundam's would only respond to them.

The Zeon, Titans and Daikun announced a cease fire. They became committed to figuring out and eliminating this new threat called Heart.

One month later, Azure and Casey (along with their Gundams) were sent to the neutral La Vie en Rose to be part of a task force designated to the study of Heart. Also in this taskforce were; Alexis Corolla, a Daikun test pilot; Sora, an Earthian who fought Azure many times under the Titan banner (an Earthian is a genetically enhanced human. Because of the process, Earthians can not reproduce.); and Kesha Markgraf (my character), a Zeon Commander/Scienist and head of the task force. Markgraf, along with Nanai Miguel, were responsible for the Gundam Project, where mobile suits were created based on the designs and technology of the Gundam's. This project was completed by the time Azure and Casey arrived. They produced 3 Gundams; GP-01 Gold Destiny, piloted by Alexis; GP-02 Sky Raven, piloted by Sora; and GP-03 Gouf, piloted by Markgraf. This sets the stage for the second half of the story, which I will post soon.

In the meantime, I have some images I worked up for our game.

The Team (from left; Casey, Markgraf, Azure, Sora, and Alexis)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/ ... anium1.jpg
The Gundams (rear center; GP-03 Gouf)(left to right; Gundam Apostle, Gundam Andravi, GP-02 Sky Raven and GP-01 Gold Destiny)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/ ... /team1.jpg

Mod Edit (EZ8): [img] tags removed. Dont use them here at MT.... ever.
ShadowCell

Um, don't use the [img] tags to put images in your post, please. Use the [url] tags and make it a link.
Wingnut

Seeing as this is more about a game the OP is making more than an art project or anything else that would fit this forum, this thread has been moved to the Gaming section.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.