Another Century's Episode 3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

From the videos, Gainer just looked like a faster Nelly Brain
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Kampfer

Did anyone else know that you can redock with the METEOR
and the G-Falcon after ejecting from them?
Come on everyone do the Carlton dance!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3ANUkOyDNQ
Mark064

Ok now since I've finally gotten my game last Thursday and have played it a bit I can say my comments.

- The game is definetly shorter which is kinda painful especially with the lack of many of the story lines like Turn A which had a perfect setup for it to exist.

- Music ok while vocal songs are nice it's kinda silly too. There are many levels where the music is just over-ridden by default to some BGM. And I don't mean a level like the Macross Plus level in Macross City which Information High played. Also the lack of the ability to change the theme songs is not a favorite feature of mine either especially with some music.

- Units: where is the Upgrade Leopard and Airmaster, seems like a glaring omission. Of course the lack of more EW units is bad too and the story omission units.

- Story: Ok this failed horribly. I totally hated the original characters the story was so boring I tried to go through it but man uhg it was so boring. Well this of course tied in the original characters which I hated. Some things were funny like Gainer pledging his love to Sara like in the series and then Garrod and Renton doing something simulair to confuse that guy.

- Levels: I hate zones. That is all.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Umm...

Should I import this, or no?

I've already gotten ACE2, and enjoyed that reasonably well. Keep in mind, all I got out of it was the gameplay, not being able to read or understand Japanese. (And then you guys come in from wide left talking about the story and characters. The whole time I was thinking...ACE2 had a good story? 3 has a bad one?? Marina and Tak are cool????) How do you guys understand this stuff?

But strictly regarding gameplay value, is ACE3 a worthwhile import?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Heecarl_Reez

Did anyone else know that you can redock with the METEOR
and the G-Falcon after ejecting from them?
i know that.its pretty convenient ,and fills the lack of weapons in dx and freedom(does this one lack?).Multiple lock missiles=done

For me ACE 3 is a bit let down.The launching scenes is no-no(for me).
and it feels short.Sure there's some multiple route,but it doesn't add anything to the ending i think(Unit,yes)...
The BGM vocal music is nice,but sometimes it gets weird because you constantly hear the same lyrics repeated---i prefer no vocals anyway...
Some things were funny like Gainer pledging his love to Sara like in the series and then Garrod and Renton doing something simulair to confuse that guy.
Oh yeahh,that's funny.And i found the ex combination of those three units too....

Most fun unit for me---turn A,Meteor Freedom,Nanajin(plus bilvine,sweet)...
too bad you can't use the moonlight butterfly freely,even after the limiter released...
But strictly regarding gameplay value, is ACE3 a worthwhile import?
uhh,i think the gameplay is rather same to the ACE2,so the other point to buy this game is the units... Decide yourself..
AmuroNT1

Gameplay-wise, ACE3 has some noteworthy changes. Combos are handled differently (pressing X makes your unit do a fly-by slash), the stages are longer but there are fewer of them, there are those annoying particle fields...

Overall, I'd say that if you enjoyed ACE2, you can give 3 a try. Just don't expect it to outdo 2 in any real way.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Has anyone made use of the co-op mode?

Hopefully, it's a real-deal co-op mode, letting a second player join in on the missions, and not some really terrible cop out. Is it split screen? How well does it play out?

I really didn't like the VS mode in ACE2. It was basically "spam the O button" fights. :?

Edit: Hey, I've been promoted to a GM pilot. I kinda liked the idea of piloting a cardboard leo though.... >_>
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
quasadra

i have play the co-op mode with my brother. and its what you from a co-op mode just having a second player join in. the mission is kind of too little having around 9 or 10 mission only(if there are more, tell me how to get it). also since its a horizontal split screen you may have some trouble seeing what in front of you and the mini map is just too small(i just ran straight into a particle field without seeing it).

on a side note, did any anyone know to unlock the sazabi(or it can be play in the first place).
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Mark064

Deploy 60 different mecha. Easiest way to do this is to just repeat a vs stage and try out a bunch of mecha.
RX 93 ZZ

How are the orginal gundams (EX.RX-78-2 or the Full Armor) in the game....i heard instead of floating they can only do thruster assisted jumps?
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Aulon

RX-78-2 can only jump (or fly 6-7 seconds), i don't know about Full Armor - i still haven't used it. Guess i will do that tomorrow
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Aulon wrote:RX-78-2 can only jump (or fly 6-7 seconds), i don't know about Full Armor - i still haven't used it. Guess i will do that tomorrow
Actually, there's a bit of a trick you can use to get it to "fly", or stay in the air. Just use the ascend button (R1), on and off, and it'll stay in the air, it'll just be "wavy". This is the same trick I used for non-flight mechs in Gundam SEED: To the Endless Tomorrow, such as the Aile Strike and Hyperion.
Mark064

The problem still being you can only move for about 5 seconds so if you wanna get anywhere fast well you can't. It was the same with the Perfect Gundam and I'm guessing the FA Gundam would be the same deal. Which makes beating any level with them insanely hard.
Kampfer

You do know after a sircuit point you can upgrade the thrust gauge to increase the Gundams flight time to almost Normal, but you still have to use R1 to keep them up in the air.
Come on everyone do the Carlton dance!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3ANUkOyDNQ
AU_Gundam MK II

AmuroNT1 wrote:And it's been suggested that they included Shin Change Getter because it's on the low end of the power spectrum as far as Getters go. After all, it needs Shin Dragon to do stuff that New Getter can do all by itself, and Neo loses points because it doesn't have Ryo/Hayato/Benkei playable.
Ah, no. Shin was actually downgraded in the game. Shin is an equal to Mazinkaiser. Also, both have only used 10% of their power thus far.

The weakest Shin incarnation was Shin Vs Neo's. Not because of a lack of Ryoma, Hayato, and Benkei, but because of a lack of capabilities. Getter Beam was weaker and he had no Stoner Sunshine. Most of his goodness came from his Blue mode, and that only puts him at New's level. And New cannot possibly compare to Shin. Especially in his SRW versions.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!