Biggest News of the Decade (Starcraft II Confirmed)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Aegis

Bright Noa wrote: My same thought. But then I looked again and noticed the Ultralisk has a second set of tusks.....an upgrade that can burrow, perhaps?

And....did Kerrigan's infestation evolve or is it just me? (I assume that figure at the end was Kerrigan, unless it was something else...)
Well, the new Ultralisks in general have four kaiser blades regardless. More of a facelift than anything else, whilst the burrow ability would be your typical upgrade that needs to be researched. What can be said of its melee attacks is that it is now an AOE attack.

And that spider-like creature you see in the game and the cinematic is actually SC2's Zerg Queen, a completely different unit from the Queen of the first game. Taken from a website, the abilities are as follows:

Creep Tumor - Creates creep generating node.
Swarm Clutch- Lays eggs that spawn when the Hive is attacked and gains a range bonus from Shriekers.
Deep Tunnel - The Queen tunnels deep underground and surfaces at targeted Zerg buildings.
Regeneration - Targeted Zerg building or unit has a number of its hit points restored.
Swarm Infestation - Makes a Zerg building launch attacks at the enemy in the form of little glowing flies
Toxic Creep - Does damage over time to affected area of creep.

Only one Queen can be produced per player, although the unit isn't a hero or super unit. The unit is supposedly too weak to handle a head-on attack without proper defence from other units, though the demonstration makes it look more powerful than it should. Then again, when it comes to demos, they tend to jack up stats of their units at times in order to better show off their capabilities, so I wouldn't take much stock with what we see now.

As for Kerrigan herself, she will still be the infested Terran we all known, freaky blades on her back and all.

Other things of note is the Infestor and its ability to travel even while burrowed, the addition of an infested barracks (which produces infested marines) and infested supply depot, the new Roach unit who's low hitpoints but incredibly high health regeneration requires concentrated firepower or powerful attacks to kill them, Overlords gaining the ability to attack but requires evolution to Oversser in order to detect burrowed and cloaked units, the jacked up speed of the current build of the Baneling, and the corruptor's ability to freeze enemy units and bring them under Zerg control with its normal attack.
Lans

Aegis wrote:Finally, the Zerg have been revealed.

LIVE FOR THE SWARM!!!!

Number of things to say about the race, and a number of issues that need improving. My first reaction? Ultralisks can burrow. @_@
This is indeed very disturbing. Every trailers about the Zerg seem to grow more and more disturbing. :shock:
Ravager

I've got a question canon-wise. It's been stated repeatedly the Protoss have their own vast empire and they're not just limited to Aiur. So when the Overmind invaded Aiur, why is it just the Aiur Protoss that gets whacked and had to flee to Shakuras? Where the hell are all the other presumably-considerable Protoss forces who should've come to protect their homeworld?
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Aegis

I don't think it's so much a vast empire as much as a colonization or exploration project. Given that the Protoss utilise very advanced forms of warp technology, you can pretty much say that various templars are summoned from all over via those gateways, thus that's the extent of their 'backup', thus what you see coming in to defend Aiur is that 'empire' you speak of.
Ravager

Wow...talking about spreading yourself very thin...

I'm surprised the Thor could be larger than a Battlecruiser. And please bring Clotworthy back as Raynor's VA!
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Ravager

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terr ... marine.xml

Tauren Marines! Azeroth exists within the Starcraft universe! They're definitely Easter Eggs, but they look bad-ass in that demo movie!
Bright Noa

Ravager wrote:http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terr ... marine.xml

Tauren Marines! Azeroth exists within the Starcraft universe! They're definitely Easter Eggs, but they look bad-ass in that demo movie!
I love how on that page, they include this: "There is a cow level."
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Ravager

I thought they only do that to Diablo
Recon 5

Lucky thing they won't be there forever (guess what day it is today, guys :D EDIT: Yesterday... :( ) because I can hear players screaming for a nerf if they make it to the final version...
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Arbiter GUNDAM

The voice in that Zerg video was definitely not Kerrigan's original voice I think, which makes me wonder why they couldn't get the original VA back.

And 'ole Jimmy Raynor better sound exactly as he did in StarCraft or there'll be hell to pay from StarCraft fans everywhere.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Terrace

lans* wrote:
Aegis wrote:Finally, the Zerg have been revealed.

LIVE FOR THE SWARM!!!!

Number of things to say about the race, and a number of issues that need improving. My first reaction? Ultralisks can burrow. @_@
This is indeed very disturbing. Every trailers about the Zerg seem to grow more and more disturbing. :shock:
Zerg... snickers I can't hear that word without thinking of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Ravager

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:The voice in that Zerg video was definitely not Kerrigan's original voice I think, which makes me wonder why they couldn't get the original VA back.

And 'ole Jimmy Raynor better sound exactly as he did in StarCraft or there'll be hell to pay from StarCraft fans everywhere.
Its not just me, but the "new" Raynor sounds just like Duke, complete with that drawl!