Halo 3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Blade of the Red Comet

Nagato21 wrote:There is also the Brute Chopper, its a replacement for the Ghost, its has better armor and you can impale ennemies with its spikes on the front. :twisted:
Honestly I can't wait to face the new Brutes; Imagine yourself against a pack of armored Gorillas with the fire power of tank; only Halo can bring that kind of feeling. But I do feel a little sad of not fighting against the Elites anymore, but it sure is better to have them on your side when you facing the Baby Kongs.
When was it ever said that you'd never have to face the Elites...? :wink: Don't underestimate Bungie and their twisted little plot twists. I've heard rumors that the Arbiter isn't always gonna be....friendly.

As far as the Brutes go...their going to be given a "pack mentality" meaning if their leader tells them to "frag out" ALL of them will start tossing stickies! And the higher class Brutes will be clad in full armor and are able to carry plasma machine guns (the stationary ones from Halo 2)!!
OpMegs

I just hope the Brutes wind up getting a little more balanced. The Elites were smart, whereas the Brutes were just big bullet sponges that wasted your ammo to bother fighting if you didn't have to. Given they're replacing the Elites in Halo 3, they'll have to be a lot more tactical and a lot less grueling to fight.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Blade of the Red Comet

OpMegs wrote:I just hope the Brutes wind up getting a little more balanced. The Elites were smart, whereas the Brutes were just big bullet sponges that wasted your ammo to bother fighting if you didn't have to. Given they're replacing the Elites in Halo 3, they'll have to be a lot more tactical and a lot less grueling to fight.
Methinks Bungie has a video talking about exactly that...on how the Brutes in Halo 2 weren't all that of a threat or even that fun to fight. All they were were bullet sponges. I think those problems will be addressed from what I've seen that they've released.

Also, was just cruising around IGN.com and saw a pic of a Spartan sporting a retooled design of the Flamethrower! TOASTY! :D
solid snake

Zeonic Glory wrote:Well, I just preordered Halo 3 Legendary Edition at my local Best Buy today. Now to play the waiting game...

The waiting game stinks . I wanna shoot stuff... *plays Halo 2 again*
I preordered the Limited Edition myself, there's no way I'm paying $100 for a game.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
DeltasTaii

In Soviet Russia, Delivery Error means Message Posted!
Last edited by DeltasTaii on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeltasTaii

The Flamethrower's another oversize weapon like the missile pod and the gatling gun, which means 3rd person and slow motion.

We're up to 4 kinds of grenades, for 8 total again too-the Firebomb, a sort of Brute Molotov cocktail is in there. Both light stuff on fire rather than just shooting flame, so you can block entrances and crap with flames.

There is a Brute Spike Rifle, which is probably that spike gun (I haven't seen it or what it does yet), and the Gravity Hammer (like Tartarus had) is now a usable weapon, in multiplayer no less. (one of the Bungie updates mentions them using it in an inhouse game with hilarious consequences).

That really is a short clip for the AR though. I think I usually reloaded after 32-42 shots in Halo, which means I'm going to be running out at inconvenient times I suspect.

And given the way Coop is set up, it's pretty unlikely you'll be fighting much in the way of Elites. You need to have MC and the Arbiter together all game, and there needs to be a reason for 2 Elites to be tagging along with them all game too, even if they don't appear in cutscenes. Unless they really want to make us WTF and suddenly change everyone else to other Spartans somehow. Cutscenes are another matter of course.
Blade of the Red Comet

For all your Halo awesomeness, Enjoy!:D
RGM-79G GM Command

Phantomexe87 wrote:There's also a new Brute vehicle, kind of functions like a helicopter. I am personally hoping we'll get to see the surviving SPARTAN IIs, all 4 of them? Course if that fails, the SPARTAN IIIs would be welcome too,.
Sadly that most likely won't happen because of the latest book and because they already have the four co-op characters picked. T_T I wish there were two SPARTAN-IIs and two Elites instead of Master Chief and three Elites. Although I'm not too much of a fan of the SPARTAN-IIIs. And DeltasTaii, I seem to remember reading that you can only do four player co-op on levels you already beat so the other two probably aren't there.

I don't really mind the magazine size for the MA5C being lower then the MA5B's, it should make people think more about how they will be shooting then just firing like crazy. Although unloading all 60 7.62mm rounds from one mag always felt good with the MA5C (Although for a bit of irony it was the weapon that made me start to fire in bursts in video games.). I sort of wish it could get headshots but I do know why it doesn't.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
mcred23

This month's issue of OXM has a cover story about, shockingly, Halo 3. Some intersting things and rumors that were put to rest. Key/Cool things being...

Blade of the Red Comet mentioned a 'Brute SMG'. The article mentions a weapon called the Mauler; a duel-wieldable (And I quote) "Halo equivalent of a sawed-off shotgun, Kyle Reese-in-Terminator-style".

The Pelican will not be flyable.

Swords won't be duel-wieldable but some changes have been made to them (Noted to improve sword-vs-sword battles). Interesting...

A flashbang, deployable weapon called the 'Flare'.

Phantomexe87 mentioned a flyable Brute machine. The article mentiones a machine called the "Prowler", described as "If the Brute Chopper and the Spectre could mate and have vehicle-babies".

The Humans get two more vehicles; the what seems to be multiplayer-only "Elephant" (Basically a mobile base with guns that carries a Mongoose) and the "Hornet" (Described as "A Banshee combined with a Pelican" that packs missiles, a chaingun and can carry people on it's sides).

The game will have an interesting map editor feature. You can't create new maps, but you can take exsisting ones and rearrange and replace everything on it. I already like the sound of this thing...

Also, although they never exactly stated it, they seem to deny that any other Spartans (II or III) will appear in the game.

And the final bit I'll mention; up to four people can play through the single player campaign via online play. The first would be Master Chief, two gets to be the Arbiter and the other two are a pair of Elites (Who have names that I'm far too lazy to copy).

All in all, more greatness. 8)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Halo Wars got mentioned. Gameplay seemed to be similar to C&C 3, only improved on and easier. There will be a pre-release demo for it, although it's release date is still TBD.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Blade of the Red Comet

^^ The sword upgrade, mcred, is that the sword will NOT have an unlimited lifespan as it does in the Halo 2 multiplayer, and that you will be able to "parry" another sword-weilding opponent. The Brute SMG I was talking about is the "Spiker," its a bit better than the human SMG IMO. The Mauler is another new weapon that, well...I mean, c'mon duel wielded semi-auto shotties?! AWWWWSOOOOME!

The Elephant is going to be a very interesting addition as it will be a mobile spawn point and have its own flag capture/defend points as well. However you cannot place it in the Forge map editor.

Here is the main list on Halo 3 that the Halopedia offers. This is everything that is Confirmed and Rumored about Halo 3.
READ WITH CAUTION as there are significant spoilers.
Phantomexe87

So primarily we'll be fighting Brutes, that's a given. But what about the other Covenant critters? I'm guessing we'll fight some Elites who don't want to be all friendly with humans. Then the Hunters seem to be siding with the Elites, the Grunts seem to be going both ways, and then those Jackals and Drones are still on the Brute side.

I actually would like to see more Drone units, little buggers could potentially be quite challlenging. Always thought they'd make good replacement for the Grunts, if beafed up a bit. Bit disapointed we won't get any more SPARTANs, but I guess they could be saving it for a spin off.

I recall in one of the early Halo 3 trailers we see a young John (Master Chief) talking to (what we in all likeliness) is a young Kelly, so that made me think she'd make her big appearance, if as an NPC.
mcred23

Phantomexe87 wrote:I recall in one of the early Halo 3 trailers we see a young John (Master Chief) talking to (what we in all likeliness) is a young Kelly, so that made me think she'd make her big appearance, if as an NPC.
Uh, AFAIK, those were simply two kids and not young versions of John or Kelly or anyone in particular (At least, who they are has never been confirmed).
Last edited by mcred23 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phantomexe87

mcred23 wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:I recall in one of the early Halo 3 trailers we see a young John (Master Chief) talking to (what we in all likeliness) is a young Kelly, so that made me think she'd make her big appearance, if as an NPC.
Uh, AFAIK, those were simply two kids and not young versions of John or Kelly or anyone in particular...
You sure about that? Why would John have the dream then?
mcred23

(Points to edit) It was never confirmed that they are anybody. It's speculated that it's John and Kelly (Or perhaps Linda, or another female Spartan), but that's just that: speculation.

DeltasTaii

Even if there are Elites who don't want to mess around with humans, I doubt there'll be much time to fight them. Unless we get randomly jumped into the middle of some heretics, they'll be busy getting slaughtered by Brutes...

I'd think Halo Wars would have to have some other Spartans, no? Perhaps even multiple kinds, to give the human side some actual strategic depth. There's no real need for Halo 3 to give you any more of them, since you already have 3 varieties to mess around with in MP.
mcred23

DeltasTaii wrote:I'd think Halo Wars would have to have some other Spartans, no?
Halo Wars is set near the start of the Human-Covenant war, some 21 years before Halo: Combat Evolved, so it's in a far better position to show/have multiple Spartans in it (As was shown in it's trailer).
DeltasTaii wrote:Perhaps even multiple kinds, to give the human side some actual strategic depth.
The Spartans aren't the only thing the Human player will have in the game. In fact, in OXM's blurb about it, they aren't even mentioend at all (Remember, it's an RTS like C&C 3, and the UNSC guys are shown using a number of other items).