General Gaming Help. (possible spoilers)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Folken Fanel

General Gaming Help. (possible spoilers)

In Final Fantasy x, I got a time of 0:0.0 racing the Chocobo trainer in the Calm Lands. But, I didn't get the Sun Sigil/Crest. Could some one tell me what I did wrong?

I renamed the thread to appeal to all games, not just one thread per game title. -Scyron
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
HiZaku

You have to get a score of below 00:00. This means that the math of the ballons and what not works out so that you have a better time.

Try using the sidequests guide on GameFAQs, it has some good tips on achiving a below 00:00 score. Other than that, it all comes down to skill and luck.
Last edited by HiZaku on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEARKA: (Interrupts with a laugh) Calm down, Yzak.
YZAK: (Angry) That’s what you always **** say!
DEARKA: (Laughs) I guess I do always say that.
Folken Fanel

Oh God damn it! It took me 229 times to get triple zeros!
Random_GM_Pilot

Folken Fanel wrote:Oh God damn it! It took me 229 times to get triple zeros!
This is why I didn't bother with everyone's ultimate weapons. Sure, they're useful, but it's not worth all the crap you have to go through to get them.
Anonymous

Unless you're a completist.
Folken Fanel

Those Ulitimate weapons really help out in the Omega ruins. And against Seymour Flux. And against Yunalesca. And Ultima Weapon. And you get the idea.
Random_GM_Pilot

Folken Fanel wrote:Those Ulitimate weapons really help out in the Omega ruins. And against Seymour Flux. And against Yunalesca. And Ultima Weapon. And you get the idea.
The only one of those I finished was Auron's Masmune since he's my favorite character. I would've done it for the others, but I'm no completist, and I leveled so much that I didn't really need the weapons against those bosses anyway.
Folken Fanel

Hey, I leveled up a lot two, but I want the satisfaction of wiping that smirk of the Chimeralogist with the legendary bosses. I need something to occupy my time.
SNT1

shooot, I just did a ghetto copy of Tidus (and Lulu's) ultimate weapons; I beat Neslug, Shinryu and Nemesis with those, along with the smaller arena monsters.
Folken Fanel

How?
SNT1

I looked at gamefaqs...what Tidus' ultimate weapon stats are.

Triple Overdrive
Evade Counter
Break Damage Limit
Magic Counter (?)

then just bought from that merchant the weapons with 4 empty slots (100,000 gil I think), then just used syntheses form the crap you win from the arena mobs, or just farm the items.

Granted, they still didnt have that "damage proportional to HP" thing, but It was goodenough for me, saves me the trouble of stupid mini games like that choco-race, or dodging lightning 200 times <.<
Folken Fanel

But the mini-games are a great way to waste time.
SNT1

well, to each his own :D

damn you all, now im picking up my PS2 again to dodge some lightning or what not >.<
Vash

tbh most of the ultimate weapon quests were way too much of a pain in the ass for me. Auron, Yuna and Rikku's were pretty easy so I did those, but I didnt bother with the rest. I got pretty far with the lightning dodger, but I missed after about 20 mins and my eyes were shot, so I figured to hell with that. I still wanted break damage limit for Lulu so I ended up doing monster capturing for the 99 dark matters. Extremely tedious but still less frustrating than dodging lightning for an hour only to mess up and have to start over.

Honestly though, unless you plan on taking on all the monster area creations (or you're a total completist) you really dont need all the ultimate weapons, just level up in the omega ruins for awhile and you'll be able to destroy all the standard story enemies with no sweat.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Folken Fanel

I can already destroy standard enemies with no sweat. It's the Sancutary Keeper I worry about.
Vash

By "standard story enemies" I meant all the bosses you have to face to beat the game. After leveling up in the omega ruins for awhile I was able to kill Ultima weapon in like 2 hits. Didnt realize you weren't that far though, for Sanctuary Keeper you can probably get away with just charging up your Aeon's overdrives beforehand and then just blasting him with all of those to avoid his status attacks. He's only got 40,000 hp so it shouldnt be too hard.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Folken Fanel

Well, that strtegy sounds much simpler and effecient than what the guide says. Let's here it for brute force!
SNT1

yeah also, among other things considering story bosses; Have all Aeon overdrives ready for them. The battle then becomes VERY easy, which I assume at Sanctuary Keeper' point you have 5 or 6 aeons already, thats already 40,000 damage, plus Yojimbo's random attacks and the over 9999 Bahamut Megaflare. And once you get to fight the last few bosses or so, Anima and the Magus Sisters can put the HURT.
Leveling on omega ruins is good, although First Strike Ability doesnt hurt on Ambush mobs like the great malboro.
Folken Fanel

All my characters are at the ends of their section of the Sphere Grid, Kihmari's halfway through Auron's section even, and each of my aeons does over 8000 damage every time they overdrive. I didn't get Yojimbo because I wasted my gil on Capture weapons for some reason.

So why am I having trouble with the Santcuary Keeper? Because I want to evenly level my characters. That incurrs the wrath of photon wings, which I can't protect against.
Scyron

I just want to say I renamed for general gaming, don't let it impeed any discussion of the previously discussed title.

I just ask if you are asking about a game that you make it clear what game title you are talking about to avoid any possible confusion.