The unofficial Ace Combat/Gundam combined force squadron.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
razgriz

The unofficial Ace Combat/Gundam combined force squadron.

okay gentlemen here it is. we have touched on it in the ace combat thread in the gaming section but obviously this is a more appropriate place to continue this.

there are those out there who are equal parts ace combat and gundam fans or just fans of combat aviation all together well myself not being one to shy away from being a part of a winning team would like to invite you to join me in forming a squadron of jet/ms aces. why? why not 8)

obviously there is nothing set in stone about this yet, not even our squadron's name or if even anyone would want to sign up to my crazy idea. but i dunno i just think it would be cool to be considered someones wingman/squadron mate.

so after hopefully a few brave and crazy volunteers we can come up with a squadron nickname, team insignia, colors, aircraft, ms, etc.

welcome to the 1001st fighter mobile operations squadron. :D
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
RedShirt0909

If you need faceless cannon fodder to die to show that its serious, I'm in. Of course, I'd prefer to live if that can be arranged :lol:. As for a squadron name, my 2 cents vote for the Flying Tigers after the WWII volunteer squadron.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
VR7

Cunae Squadron. :P

I'm pretty sure this thread fits better in the Gaming section though.
-noel
razgriz

welcome aboard gentlemen. like i said earlier, once we get a few more volunteers then we can debate/decide on a squadron name and all that good stuff. dont worry about volunteering to be cannon fodder. at this point we are all cannon fodder until we can prove the enemy otherwise :lol:
(setsuna giggling)
solid snake

You can count me in.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
ZZ Gundam

What exactly is this, an rp of some sorts? I'm not sure I follow your intentions.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
VR7

You could join me in one of the following sims:
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
    Lock On: Flaming Cliffs
    Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
    FalconSP
    FreeFalcon/Red Viper
    YSflight
A real virtual squadron tends to play at least one of those or another unlisted multiplayer flight sim.
-noel
Duo

I'll join in as well. Probably not the best pilot, but I'll go out defending my squad.

I'm rather partial to the S-37A Berkut or the F-22 if i have to go with something else.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
razgriz

welcome gentlemen. well to be honest we dont really have anything solid for this crew yet its not really a roleplay situation thus far. i want to build a kick *** squadron and just go the whole 9 yards in really forming a tight group of flyers. eventually we will get the ranks figured out 8) for now just consider me Squad Capt. Razgriz
(setsuna giggling)
Zeta Gelgoog

I have no clue where this is going, other then maybe a Club of some sort, but...

It takes more then pilots to do anything. If you guys need a smart alec admin guy who loves planes, but finds (some, but not all) pilots annoying, I'm your man. I have 4 years real world experience in that area with PERSCO and MANPER-B experience to boot.

For the record my favorite plane is the F-2A. When I was at Misawa JASDF had a squad of them there, and I used to love watching them, so much more attractive then the F-16CJs (Block 50s) USAF flew out of there.
This Space For Rent.
razgriz

great, a squadron is nothing without technical support :lol: welcome to the 1001st ground crew. hope you know how to repair jets and ms cuz we operate both hehe.
(setsuna giggling)
Zeta Gelgoog

hope you know how to repair jets and ms cuz we operate both hehe
I guess I can do that, if no Human Resources positions are available. I'd hate to see the TO (Technical Order, basically the series of books that tell you how to maintain and repair something) for a Zaku, much less say a Zeta or something like that.
This Space For Rent.
razgriz

dont worry about it we havent received our ms just yet right now we havent graduated from t-38s yet :) as far as the hr position sure why not we are building from the ground up. consider yourself a personnel director.
(setsuna giggling)
RedShirt0909

As long as we're doing postitions, we'll need an XO, an Operations officer, a training officer, an Admin officer, and a logistics officer, not to mention the actual flight leaders and plain pilots. And razgriz, I'd rather be carrier qualified, so I'll start on the t-34 and graduate to the t-45 before I hit the fleet.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
razgriz

like i said we are going to need a lot more volunteers to really get this squad off the ground. hell i dont even know what i am considered yet :lol: dont worry anyone who joins the 1001st will be both sea and space carrier certified :wink:
(setsuna giggling)
RedShirt0909

You're the CO, the boss, the sqaudron commander, the man. I'll throw my name in the hat for any billets you need filled, from XO on down, and can offer descriptions of what they'd do in this setting if anyone so desires.
ZZ Gundam

Well, I guess I had my question answered by committee. If there are any more postions available, I suppose I'll join up as a pilot.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
Zeta Gelgoog

I assumed I was the Admin guy...

Anyways, My thoughts on Rank Structure:

Are we going to do this USAF, USN or EFSF or some other way entirely? Among the key points, Warrant Officers and E-4s as NCOs/POs. USA and USN go down this route, having Warrant Officers and letting E-4s become Non-commisioned Officers (Petty Officers in the Navy), however USAF does not (the rank of Sgt and the Warrant Officer grades being eliminated years ago) I think a simplified rank structure would be best. My opinion below, feel free to modify or disregard:

E-1 Airman Basic (AB)
E-2 Airman (Amn)
E-3 Airman First Class (A1C)
E-4 Sargeant (Sgt)
E-5 Technical Sgt (TSgt)
E-6 Master Sgt (MSgt)
E-7 Chief Master Sgt (CMSgt)

W-1 Warrant Officer (WO)
W-2 Chief WO (CWO)

For the Officer ranks, out of respect to the Space Opera tradition, I recommend keeping USN ranks, except eliminating one of Vice Admiral ranks, for a total of nine officer grades, similar to the Japanese system.

Also, if our numbers are sufficent I beleive that we should create a First Sgt or Sgt Major like position, this individual would be largely in charge of being a bridge between the enlisted (especially the Jr Enlisted) and the Officers. They would also have a large say so in discipline.

Once this thing gets off the gorund, I may be able to come up with a promotion system, but all this is up to the leadership, of course.
This Space For Rent.
RedShirt0909

Sorry I missed you Zeta. ADMIN is clearly your ballpark. Anyway, that still leaves the positions of XO, OPS, TRAINO, and LOGO open. For officer ranks, we have:

O-1 - Ensign
O-2 - LT Junior Grade
O-3 - LT
O-4 - LT Commander
O-5 - Commander
O-6 - Captain
O-7 - Rear Admiral
O-8 - Vice Admiral
O-9 - Admiral

And instead of eliminating Rear Admiral (Lower Half), we could go back to the old school and have the 1-star flag rank be Commodore, with the Admirals following that.

Razgriz, I'd like to be XO if its open and you'll have me.
VR7

What sims are you going to play once this squadron gets off the ground?
-noel