The unofficial Ace Combat/Gundam combined force squadron.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
RedShirt0909

Thanks for the vote of confidence, sir. I don't know much about UC mecha. I request that someone who knows UC Mecha work out a basic flow chart for grunt models , starting with the ZAKU II, then branching to the GM and Zeon's next mass-production type, etc, etc. I know CE mecha well, and am handling that part. Colonel, are we allowing CE GUNDAM-type mecha on the chart or not? I already have a flow in place that would allow it, and they would cost a ridiculous amount of upgrade points, especially at the later SEED Destiny suits. Again, get me xbox live gamertags, people.

/R,
OPS
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
razgriz

there is a great thread in the tech section that shows a huge ms development chart. i recommend taking a quick peek at that. as for ce-gundams, as with any gundam units they will pretty much be the ultimate ms we will work our way to. when we have transcended beyond being aces but being legends 8) so for now get cozy with your grunt types and continue to dream about piloting a gundam
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
RedShirt0909

There are different tech levels of CE GUNDAMs, though. Remember how easily the Strike Rouge was KO'd by ZAKUs/GOUFs. The setup I have is essentially a 'tech level' setup, with the GINN and CGUE at 1, Strike Dagger/GuAIZ/Astray at 2, Dagger/ZAKU at 3, Windam/GOUF/Murasame at 4, and the super gundams beyond that. My plan was for you to have to reach one tech level above your desired gundam class before you could buy one, and even then the cost would be nuts. Also, you could use points to buy an awakened SEED/CE newtype powers. You'd need to be at tech 3 to buy a first-gen gundam(Duel family and Aegis), tech 4 for a second-gen (Druggie trio/Freedom/Justice) and from there you'd have nothing but GUNDAMs/variants to buy. Also, the better the GUNDAM, the higher the cost. I'll check out that thread on UC too, boss. Also, any upgrade points you apply to an MS(Upping a GINN to a high-maneuver type, buying wizard packs for a ZAKU, etc...) would get 1/3 trade in value when upping to a whole new MS.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
razgriz

wow im extremely impressed at your system capt. since we are going for simplicity and technical equivilency with our real world military counterparts i'm tempted at this point to have the strike level of gundam be the highest point at this time.
(setsuna giggling)
RedShirt0909

Hooyah, Colonel. Should I allow the upgraded Duel family as well (Blu Duel, Verde Buster, Strike Noir, Rosso Aegis, Nero Blitz) as the current limit, or cap it at the original SEED gundams?
ZeonfromHell

RedShirt0909 wrote:Guys, the only things named are the flights. Elements are members of that flight. As leader of Pamarius Flight, ZeonFromHell would be Pamarius 1. As his wing, Xanatos11 would be Pamarius 2. As the second element leader, Zeta Gelgoog would be Pamarius 3. As his wing, Solid Snake would be Parmarius 4. Similarly, Razgriz would be Sword Lead, I would be Sword 3, Wing Zero Alpha would be Sword 5.
I know they do that in the Ace Combat games, but that doesn't mean the Callsign Police will come over to your house at night and put you in a concentration camp because you don't follow that convention. US Navy pilots don't go by that pattern: Colonel Randall Cunningham went by the callsign "Duke" for his agressive nature (as that was his nickname before he was a qualified fighter pilot), and his RIO was Lieutenant William Driscoll who went by the name "Irish." They were part of the F-4 Phantom squadron VF-96, the Fighting Falcons, during the Vietnam War. The name of their particular jet was Showtime. Even if we aren't using Navy conventions, there is still no reason to slave the pilots to the name of their flight and a number tacked on. In my case, if I'm unleashing hell on a group of arrogant punk kids on Xbox Live, I dont want to yell into my headset "Pamparius four! Break! He's on guns!" That just sounds like a mouthful. I would rather say "Duke" because I can refer to my squadmates with easy-to-remember names, not numbers.

Also, I'm not fan of anything relating to SEED, so If you don't mind I'm going to stay out of the mobilesuits and just stick to fighters.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
RedShirt0909

Zeon, you go by callsigns in combat, this is true. Callsings can be Top Gun style, like Duke, but those have to be earned through skill, not randomly assigned. The numbers/flights are more for organization than combat use. You'd certainly call out "Saint, break left, missile inboud from 4 o'clock low" rather than "Fenris Lead, [same]." This only applies to situations where there is only one flight, though. If there are multiple flights, you'd call "Fenris flight on me! Pamarius Flight, clear out the fighters so we can get to the bombers! Neptune flight (my future flight), flak suppression!." and then within individual flights you'd use callsigns. It's planning ahead for when we have the numbers to support a fuller command structure, XO. Also, Cunningham was a Captain, NOT a Colonel, we don't use that Air Force trash in our service. And I will be developing MS progression charts for both CE and UC units, I just know a good bit about CE from memory while I have to research the UC stuff.

OPS
RGM-79G GM Command

The problem is that the only Gundam game that is going to be using Xbox-live does not have any SEED MS at all so unless this turns into an RPG (Like the G-Gundam or Zeta RPGs.) there is no reason to start talking about them unless a game with SEED MS is made and at the moment there isn't one. Well since the other one is a no I'll pick the next one I was thinking of, I would like my call to be Maniac from Wing Commander IV if you must know, and if anyone else played it I am sure you know what my first choice was. :P Choosing MS is probably going to be the hardest part for this, since planes should be easy. Also is this going to be the type of thing where everyone does what they want or will we have certian roles and the members of the flights need to stay with each other? (I would prefer it to be the latter but I am sure at least some people want the former.)
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
RedShirt0909

This will be a semi-military clan, so you will have assigned roles, and stick with them. MS/Jet selection is just for fun, and has no bearing on what you fight with in games - you WILL use the best available tools for the job to kill the enemy. It's just what you're assigned to in the 'club' style, more for bragging rights than anything else. And why Maniac - he was a pain in the ***. I know you can't take Blair, but you can do better than that POS. Take someone who actually belonged in the service, like Hawk, Vagabond, Hunter, or Paladin instead of that arrogant little ****. Sucker could fly though.
RGM-79G GM Command

Well because personality wise (Except for the womanising.) I am a lot like him even more when compared to any of the other pilots from Wing Commander IV, except maybe Catscratch but I liked Maniac a lot more than him so that is why.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
solid snake

I'm Guyver 182. Right now I have Halo 2, GRAW, Battlefield 2:Modern Combat, Call of Duty 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Guyver+182

If we do end up having individual callsigns, I'd like Phoenix

EDIT: My Xbox Live is back up. :D
Last edited by solid snake on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
razgriz

maniac and phoenix, callsigns approved. thank you for your input.

lt.col. zeon your request for aircraft only ops is approved for the moment however i give you the option to continue to stick with uc only ms. i realize that this is a touchy subject as their are those who were raised on uc, those like myself who got introduced to gundam through wing and eventually got into the uc, and those like redshirt who were introduced by uc. i want to stress the importance of unity and a mutual understanding as to our interests. like myself for example, if i were to choose the greatest fighter plane ever in terms of performance and durability i would choose the f-15 eagle. but obviously not everyone would agree with me but thats fine i accept opinions and i accept criticism. so long as that i know that the team i have gathered together has my back in the long run.

compromise is key to any organized unit, especially one with noble and lofty goals such as ours so at this point since redshirt is more knowledgable about ce-units he can go to battle in ce units until a time that he feels more comfortable with utilizing uc tech. as for the rest of you i would like you each to be able to select a unit of your choice so that we can vote on our starter ms. so that we may have a choice of uc, ac, and ce units. i must reiterate that i would really like us to favor aircraft over ms since for the most part we will be an aerial squadron which utilizes ms support and not full time infantry. the ms will mainly be for our use in space combat conditions but we are flyers first.

now that i have that is out of the way i am submitting my proposals for our starter aircraft: 2nd gen english electric lightning, mig-21, and f-8 crusader and 3rd gen f-4 phantom ii, f-5 freedom fighter, mirage iii although admittedly we will have a little more choice when it comes to ms i really want to get a solid set of aircraft voted on so that we can advance with that.
(setsuna giggling)
RedShirt0909

I'll start on the F8 Crusader; it was my favorite 'Nam era jet. As for MS, I have the CE chart pretty much worked out in terms of MS/upgrade progression, just need to assign point values to them. Currently runs through grunt suits seen in the anime with a few MSVs in there as upgrades (Dagger to Long Dagger/Buster Dagger, etc...), and you can buy SEED/newtype abilities as well, but those are $$$. After next Monday, when classes at CMU wind down for Carnival (the one time of the year when CMU is a normal college - don't ask), I'll start working on a UC MS flow chart, but that'll be more complicated. And Saint, I was raised on CE, and still hold SEED as my favorite series, despite the fact that I know Zeta had a better plot and that Fukada copied the original for the first half of the series, and then destroyed Destiny through neglect. I'd like to see him booted out and then have Lord Tomino give the CE a series worthy of the name Gundam, but that'll never happen. As for my MS, everyone in the CE mechas starts on a GINN, with an undetermined amount of upgrade points available. I know they're expensive, but if this is an xbox live clan, then the membership will need xboxs. Come on, its the best current option out there - PS3 has no library yet, and Wii relies on gimmicks.
razgriz

excellent then you're vote is for the crusader. so thats 2 for the venerable gunfighter including myself.

like i said earlier regarding ms we will have more freedom to go inter-universe with ms but with aircraft we will be more strict to whats out there now. which means no falkens and no valkyries as i stated before. everyone has their particular favorites on their grunts so if you choose to be a ginn pilot while others choose zaku then that is fine by me. so long as the squadron remains united.

i will be away from the computer for a couple days so please continue your good work redshirt as well as all the other proud members of the 1001st. lets continue to see this group grow and thrive, recruitment is key so please try to see about getting more members to enlist. my ultimate goal is for this group to grow to a large and impressive force.
(setsuna giggling)
ZeonfromHell

RedShirt0909 wrote:Also, Cunningham was a Captain, NOT a Colonel, we don't use that Air Force trash in our service. And I will be developing MS progression charts for both CE and UC units, I just know a good bit about CE from memory while I have to research the UC stuff.
:sighs, slaps forehead: Yeah, I know he's a Captain. I can't believe I made that mistake. It was simply a typing error, and not a means to insult a US Navy flying ace. However, when refering to my flight members, they will go by their callsigns, and the term "Pamparius" will only apply to the flight as a whole, not its members individually.

Well then if we need UC organization, I could construct a system of tech-levels since you've already did the SEED ones. I would really like to do the UC.

If my flight memebers ever reach a consensus (or even talk to me! come on guys, PM me :x !!) on whether they want Eastern or Western bloc aircraft, then I will decide on my aircraft. So Xanatos11, Solid Snake, and Zeta Gelgoog: PM me on your callsign and your preference of East or West bloc aircraft (majority rules). This will onyly work if you guys cooperate (Solid Snake: youre doing well, just PM me next time).
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
RedShirt0909

Hey, Zeon, you've got rank, go ahead with the UC development chart. You'll do a better job than I will, since I only know the ZAKU, GM line, Nemo, and Jegan for grunts. I will switch to developing a points system for tying it all together. For now, I'd suggest leaving gundam-type suits out of your chart, since you have to earn those, according to our CO.

EDIT: Gentlemen, the lack of response to my request for xbox live tags was appalling. I only got 1 response. As such the Halo 2 session this weekend is cancelled. If you don't have an Xbox w/live, let me know, please. We need to get online so we can get a working rapport going before Ace Combat releases. If you have no current-gen system, I'd suggest a 360 - its a good, middle of the road choice.

OPS
razgriz

hello gentlemen, i'm back. hmm looks like its been quiet the past couple days but oh well hopefully that will change soon enough. lt. col. zeon thank you for volunteering for tha uc progress chart. also good idea in the consideration for eastern bloc aircraft. their earlier efforts were so under the radar besides the mig-15 and mig-21, although i think i would still consider the EE lightning and f-8 to be my aircraft of choice. although i do have my eye on the venerable mig-21. you cant help but love a plane that as crude as it is, is bullet fast and has amazing combat capabilities that it proved when it went toe to toe against my beloved f-4 phantom.

lets try to keep up the progress and remember recruit recruit RECRUIT!! i'm really hoping to get a formidable ms/air force going here.

also i would like your thoughts on what would look like a good tail insignia and colors for our jets. as tempting as the vf-84 color scheme and skull and crossbones on the tail is id like us to try with someone a little more original suiting our independent and honorable nature.
(setsuna giggling)
VR7

I think you could recruit more if you made yourselves active in the flightsim community as well. At this point, I'll be honest--this seems more like a Gundam/Ace Combat oriented clan than an actual virtual squadron, like say, the FreeBirds VFW.
-noel
razgriz

every great entity has its humble beginnings but ill take your suggestion into account thank you vr7. :D
(setsuna giggling)
solid snake

Well the game has been released.

So is this squadron still active?
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.