Good news for Ace Combat

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Scyron

Good news for Ace Combat

With a large amount of people saying over G fighters as a flub, I'm proud to present this treat I read this morning, also includes insight on two other namco titles.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/kotaku-mag ... 245466.php

I'm excited I wont have to wait to own a PS3 in order to play the next installment, as great as these games look on PS2, I'm sure this will be mindblowingly good visually.

edit: links

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774129p1.html
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158102
Last edited by Scyron on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solid snake

Sweet. Ace Combat is one of my favorite franchises and I always look forward to a new installment.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Duo

meh.. I hope AC6 isn't 360 only.. that would really make me mad...

I love AC, but hate Xbox... Microsoft does not need more money, and I won't support them by buying a Xbox... now if I was given one.. I might buy one or two games... but I just hate Microsoft that much...

They already got Windows XP outta me... they don't need anything else...

Go Go Ace Combat 6 on PS3!!
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Scyron

Duo wrote:meh.. I hope AC6 isn't 360 only.. that would really make me mad...

I love AC, but hate Xbox... Microsoft does not need more money, and I won't support them by buying a Xbox... now if I was given one.. I might buy one or two games... but I just hate Microsoft that much...

They already got Windows XP outta me... they don't need anything else...

Go Go Ace Combat 6 on PS3!!
it will be on PS3, I'm almost100% positive of that, it just seems a lot of companies are going multiplatform that used to be third party exclusives.
mcred23

Re: Good news for ace combat

Scyron wrote:With a large amount of people saying over G fighters as a flub, I'm proud to present this treat I read this morning, also includes insight on two other namco titles.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/kotaku-mag ... 245466.php

I'm excited I wont have to wait to own a ps3 in order to play the next installment, as great as these games look on ps2, I'm sure this will be mindblowingly good visually.
Well, I don't think Over G Fighters is as bad as it is usually made out to be. It's alright, but it's more of a flight-sim type game than the likes of the Ace Combat series of Blazing Angels.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that AC6 is making it's way to the 360. I'll be getting a copy of that when it comes out...
Scyron wrote:it will be on PS3, I'm almost100% positive of that, it just seems a lot of companies are going multiplatform that used to be third party exclusives.
Well, that site claims the article points to AC6 being a 360 exclusive. If that's true, that will probably be confirmed by some source eventually (I expect OXM will have a blurb about the game in their next issue, so that may shed some light on this).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Mwulf

Re: Good news for ace combat

mcred23 wrote:Well, that site claims the article points to AC6 being a 360 exclusive. If that's true, that will probably be confirmed by some source eventually (I expect OXM will have a blurb about the game in their next issue, so that may shed some light on this).
Not... exactly.
Eds Note: As far as we can tell from the above article, Ace Combat 6 is an Xbox 360 exclusive, which it may or may not be. Don't have confirmation on this, so stay tuned for official announcements!
I have a very strong feeling it will be multiplatform. IIRC microsoft didn't sell very well in japan, and the Wii won't be able to handle it... so there's a very good chance namco will make it for PS3 too. They can sell more games that way.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
mcred23

I think I worded it a bit badly. I know of that editors note that AC6 being a 360 exclusive isn't confirmed, which is I why I said if that is true, we'll get some word on it. Like I said, Official Xbox Magazine will probably mention that Ace Combat 6 is going to be on the 360 in it's next issue, and if it's going to be 360 exclusive, they'll say it (Of course, we may find out whether it is or not before that comes out anyway).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
J-Lead

Geez, seems like every company seems nervous about making a PS3 exclusive. I have both systems, and like them equally, but I REALLY don't want one of them to become a dust collector while the other steals the show. One of the reasons I bought them both was to get the best out of both worlds, so PS3 better shape up and get some friggin' excusives soon, or it's gonna be the next dreamcast, and I will have wasted $600.

That said, I am at least happy that there is a Ace Combat 6 at all, despite that I will have to use my unfamiliar 360 controller with a game that I am so used to using the dualshock to play. *sigh* Honestly, I friggin' hope that it goes multiplat.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
AmuroNT1

Personally, I think it's funny that every time a 360-exclusive game comes out, people all over start saying "Well, that's it, PS3 is finished."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
RGM-79 GM

Personally as long as the games I'm interested are still coming out(regardless of systems) I don't mind what happens. Ace combay 6 is no exception.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Mwulf

RGM-79 GM wrote:Personally as long as the games I'm interested are still coming out(regardless of systems) I don't mind what happens. Ace combay 6 is no exception.
Bah. That is foolishness. It is much better when the games you want are all availible on the same console. That is why I love my PS2. No way in hell am I going to buy two next-gen systems for the games I want.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
razgriz

ah my namesake game :D im just happy that we are finally getting word of AC6. i'm hoping for a game along the lines of AC5 combined with the futuristic elements of AC3. not overly futuristic but the world of ace combat is set in the late 2010s/early 2020s anyway. oh well so long as the falken or something like it is in the game.

if i and when i get a PS3 i think the only games that i would ever need would be ace combat, gundam musou, GTA, and whatever need for speed comes out with. ah i can see the lost hours now.

really though, y would namco/bandai which is such a sony intensive company only release the game to microsoft. i wouldve thought they wouldnt turn their back on their homeland, not for the sake of process because denying an outlet to sony would be ummm whats the word...nuts.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Zeta Gelgoog

I haven't committed to a new system yet, and prolly won't until prices come down a couple of notches, but Ace Combat is one of my favorite frachises, so this could be what leads me to get a 360 when the time comes. If Idolmaster would ever get a US release that would seal the deal, but that will never happen, but a man can dream.
This Space For Rent.
Scyron

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/ace-co ... 246161.php

Some new screens incase some of you don't visit kotaku or joystiq daily.
RGM-79 GM

Mwulf wrote:
RGM-79 GM wrote:Personally as long as the games I'm interested are still coming out(regardless of systems) I don't mind what happens. Ace combay 6 is no exception.
Bah. That is foolishness. It is much better when the games you want are all availible on the same console. That is why I love my PS2. No way in hell am I going to buy two next-gen systems for the games I want.
It might be foolish to you but not to me.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
razgriz

one word about those AC6 screenshots...awesome! the pic with the f-15 just blew me away. i think i got a new wallpaper now. funny how i jus read an article about how the f-15s are basically starting to fall apart because they are getting up there in years. oh well at least their legacy as well as the f-14 lives on in AC skies.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Zeta Gelgoog

funny how i jus read an article about how the f-15s are basically starting to fall apart because they are getting up there in years.
I have a buddy stationed at Kadena that told me some thing along the same lines about the 15s there. The US really does need to upgrade the air fleet with new models.

Back to AC6, have they said anything about the story yet? The planes are fun and stuff but the story is what makes an AC game more then just another airplane game.
This Space For Rent.
Scyron

I haven't seen any articles about the story yet, but to be honest I just like the arcady feel ot a flight game, no blackouts or having to worry about Gs. I really liked that F-15 shot as well, did it great justice!

I'm hoping the setting is around ocean forces vs somebody featuring a lot of AC0 stuff like the aces for specific path and a lot of aerial battles.

new links- edit

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774129p1.html
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158102
Last edited by Scyron on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeta Gelgoog

The Ace system is what really made AC0 for me, along with the MSV like ace pilot encyclopedia thing.
This Space For Rent.
VR7

I really need to get an x360.

Ace Combat is my favorite videogame series ever, next to the Metal Gear franchise. With this and the risk of games that were previously PS3-exclusive moving over or going multi-platform, that's all more the reason to snag a 360.
-noel