Good news for Ace Combat

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ZeonfromHell

Well, when the Scimfaxi and Hrimfaxi fire one off, it looks like a straditional missile or flare, then splits off into eight or twelve little warheads. As far as detination goes, I agree with ZeBaron and say it is some kind of really small nuclear device with a bunch of EMP. I always noticed that when Stonehenge fired in 04, the impact occurs at 50 or 60 thousand feet, but if youre just five feet over two thousand, you die. I attribue that to an intense EMP.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Mwulf

Aren't most nuclear missiles like that? With the dozens of smaller warheads, and such?

I only have 2 hopes for AC6:

1. PS3 version, sometime. Preferably early enough that I can buy it for <$30 by the time I can afford a PS3.

2. NO MORE DEATH STAR MISSIONS! I hate them... they're absurd and incredibly annoying (even if they are easy).
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
razgriz

makes me wonder if an actual aircraft with one hell of a pilot, im talking ace of aces skills could actually fly down such an absurdly long tunnel. :D sure would be the coolest thing ever assuming he lived
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ZeonfromHell

Yeah, I didn't like Demons of Razgriz or the last mission in Zero. Megalith was ok, since I finally got to pwn a bunch of those damned Yellows (which were plot-shlieded in earlier missions if I recal, since iven if you tagged one with two missiles earlier it wouldnt die). If I wanted to maneuver down a trench while watching for enemy fighters and evading turrets to kill a small thermal exaust port only two meters wide, I would just break out the Rogue Squadron.

Also, I don't want any of those crazy Falkens or Morgans. The Wyvern...I dont mind, as long as I dont have to fight it.
VR7

Mwulf wrote:2. NO MORE DEATH STAR MISSIONS! I hate them... they're absurd and incredibly annoying (even if they are easy).
VR7 wrote:There is always a tunnel flying mission in every Ace Combat game. It's traditional, so Ace Combat 6 isn't going to be any different. :P
Come on, if you've played a Death Star mission at least once, you should be able to handle any of them without problems. You have the airbrakes and rudder control for a reason. :P

Except for Ace Combat 5's trench run though, that was particularly annoying because you are forced to fly at full speed or get missile'd by Hamilton.
ZeonFromHell wrote:Yeah, I didn't like Demons of Razgriz or the last mission in Zero. Megalith was ok, since I finally got to pwn a bunch of those damned Yellows (which were plot-shlieded in earlier missions if I recal, since iven if you tagged one with two missiles earlier it wouldnt die). If I wanted to maneuver down a trench while watching for enemy fighters and evading turrets to kill a small thermal exaust port only two meters wide, I would just break out the Rogue Squadron.

Also, I don't want any of those crazy Falkens or Morgans. The Wyvern...I dont mind, as long as I dont have to fight it.
Ace Combat has always been about suspension of disbelief, so we'll always see gigantic laser cannons, microwave fireballs of death, scifi planes fighting F-15's, and of course, ace pilots that are invincible to everything but other ace pilots. In simpler words: Missions like Ace Combat Zero's final mission aren't ever going to go away.

On the topic of the Ace Combat 6 demo:

Is it possible to lose allied forces in battle? Typically your wingman is invulnerable, but are you aided by named and invincible ground units, or are they nameless units susceptible to death?
-noel
solid snake

VR7 wrote: On the topic of the Ace Combat 6 demo:

Is it possible to lose allied forces in battle? Typically your wingman is invulnerable, but are you aided by named and invincible ground units, or are they nameless units susceptible to death?
I noticed that the ally ships in the harbor got destroyed, and after the first Nimbus attack someone commented that half of your friendly planes were gone.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
razgriz

see now that is the kind of realism, actual non-scripted allied battle losses, that would keep this game head and shoulders above any other semi-real air combat sim. and of course will motivate you to avenge your fallen friends
(setsuna giggling)
ZeonfromHell

razgriz wrote:see now that is the kind of realism, actual non-scripted allied battle losses, that would keep this game head and shoulders above any other semi-real air combat sim. and of course will motivate you to avenge your fallen friends
It will also make the game more difficult, interesting, addicting, and anything else I crave in a good war video game. It would also allow me to express more of my expletive-vocabulary. And I would say "PWNED" a lot more. I would fully enjoy it. I also would like to have the new game not only support Live, but LAN parties as well, so i dont have to tap into the internet to fight alongside my froends while having my own screen.
ZeBaron

VR7 wrote:Come on, if you've played a Death Star mission at least once, you should be able to handle any of them without problems. You have the airbrakes and rudder control for a reason. :P

Except for Ace Combat 5's trench run though, that was particularly annoying because you are forced to fly at full speed or get missile'd by Hamilton.
I have to disagree; my least favorite would have to be the one from AC3, simply because it felt soooo loooong...Anyone else remember that one? (It's the mission where you have to chase down and destroy the X-49 inside Geofront.)
Well f*** my a**...IT'S A DECEPTACON!!!
Scyron

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... ks;title;7

new game play review from gamespot, playing on a new level. might be worth the read for some that are interested.
razgriz

ahh just a couple more months til i get x-boxed. ive sorta decided to forgo the ps3 at this point until either i get a much better paying job or they cut the price even more. :D cant wait for this game

so apparently there are only 15 or so "licensed" aircraft, does that mean that the rest will be non-existant super fighters ie falken, wyvern, etc. or will there just be a few one off prototypes still, you know su-47, yf-23 and what not?
(setsuna giggling)
ZeBaron

razgriz wrote:so apparently there are only 15 or so "licensed" aircraft, does that mean that the rest will be non-existant super fighters ie falken, wyvern, etc. or will there just be a few one off prototypes still, you know su-47, yf-23 and what not?
I hope and pray to God that it's both, and not just the licensed jets. After all, ACX managed to cram in 40 (count 'em) different planes, licensed, experimental, and fantasy, and that was just for a portable game.

And yet I STILL can't get the Leasath colors for the Fenrir...Anyone know the secret?
Last edited by ZeBaron on Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well f*** my a**...IT'S A DECEPTACON!!!
razgriz

i think 5 had the highest count with 53 planes. but this game might go for quality over quantity which from the demos is excelling in.
(setsuna giggling)
Scyron

From what I hear via the intartube the Russian planes don't need to be licensed, so I'm sure some of them will reappear.
razgriz

tis true, i didnt see mikoyan or sukhoi among the logos of the officially licensed sponsors in any of the previous games.
(setsuna giggling)
ZeonfromHell

In that case, there there are 15 Western planes, whereas that doesnt include Sukhois or MiGs. But 15 is a solid number for various American/French/British planes. That leaves room for the three F-15s, one or two Tornadoes, a couple F-16s, a Mirage or two, a Rafale or two (I hope), a Tomcat (I hope), a Hornet and Super Hornet, of course a Phantom, and a Tiger II and Tigershark. That doesnt bother me.
razgriz

tomcat should be in there, watching the various trailers i did catch glimpses of the venerable 'cat in action. but hey dont forget to include the raptor and lightning ii. nostaglia is nice and all but sometimes its nice to have new toys too :wink:
(setsuna giggling)
mcred23

Going from the scans in an issue of OXM about the game, we know it has at least one F-15-type, the A-10, a F/A-18-type (It looked like a Super Hornet to me) and a B-52 among those Western aircraft. I'm sure that watching some of the trailers would probably give more clues as to the Western aircraft in the game...

EDIT: And yet again, post #3333. This is probably the 1111th time I've hit it. :roll:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
razgriz

at this point im about 90% sure for western jet, its f-16 (demo) f-15e strike eagle (all over the freakin place) a-10 (trailer close up) f-18f super hornet (trailer and demo as your wingmen) ef typhoon (trailer close up) and f-22 (not seen yet but would be the stupidest move ever to not include it)
(setsuna giggling)
ZeonfromHell

In looking at screenshots at Gamespot, I have seen a Tornado (a ground attack variant because of the short nose and air-to-ground missiles), a Eurofighter, a Thunderbolt II (Warthog if you're picky), a Rafale, a Mirage (I think), an Su-35/37 model (in the familiar blue camo and in bad-guy ace colors similar to that of Razgriz), a Mitsubishi F-2, along with the familiar F-15E and a C-model F-16 (block 40/42 or 50/52). As far as unplayable craft go, we see a KC-10 Extender, a C-47 Globemaster, a B-52 (for the WIN!!), an E-767 (though I would much rather see the E-3), and an Abrams tank. I also saw a wierd polygonal futuristic railroad-artillery piece. Plus there are these wierd flying carriers that remind me of the OMG-superweapon bomber from Zero. I havent seen any pictures of the Super Hornet yet, but I will have a brain hommorage if they don't have it playable from towards the beginning (I dont want to have to replay the story mode to get it). I also look farward to the Lightning II, since I played the whole game with that in Five and Zero (I simply love that airplane). :mrgreen: