Good news for Ace Combat

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ZeonfromHell

ARGH! That's just great. A semi-near release date, and I can't afford a 360 or any new games now since I've spent hundred of dollars on college books and stuff! Oh well, I will get it some day.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
razgriz

dont worry my friend ill fill you in on all the details whenever this possible masterpiece comes out. all i kno is that 10/1/07 is 360day for me :). til then maybe u can help me with my AC fan fic
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
wing zero alpha

You're not the only one who's upset by this Zeek. I chose to get a PS3 instead of a 360 in anticipation for Metal Gear Solid 3's release (since it's not available for the 360), and what happens? The thing gets delayed til 2008, along with all the other games I've been waiting for, while the one game I want but don't have the system for (AC6) still remains on schedule.

Hopefully this is only a timed exclusive and a PS3 version will come out later, otherwise I'm going to have to win the lottery or something.
Scyron

wing zero alpha wrote:You're not the only one who's upset by this Zeek. I chose to get a PS3 instead of a 360 in anticipation for Metal Gear Solid 3's release (since it's not available for the 360), and what happens? The thing gets delayed til 2008, along with all the other games I've been waiting for, while the one game I want but don't have the system for (AC6) still remains on schedule.

Hopefully this is only a timed exclusive and a PS3 version will come out later, otherwise I'm going to have to win the lottery or something.
metal gear 4 :p

also it has already been said to be a timed exclusive so I'm sure they are hard at work on a ps3 version. If at all maybe they will have 7 as ps3 exclusive or special edition with bonus stuff?
razgriz

giggity giggity dont get me thinking about about AC7 when i'm still trying to figure out how the hell ill be able to beat AC6. that game looks like its gonna be a challenge
(setsuna giggling)
Scyron

I'm more worried about maintaining a score that lands a special emblem considering I have school and other stuff. :(
razgriz

you guys notice that most of the latest AC games have like zero cheat codes in them? those guys were pretty strict about not f-ing around to much on these games unlike games like say GTA which is just cheathappydrunkhigh.
(setsuna giggling)
V2

yeah.

but in one installment (the 5th one i think) you can skip the hardest-as-hell part of the last stage - instead of flying in towards the opening of that mountain (wherein have to take slow-fast maneuvers before the doors close on you, etc), you can fly over it and you dont have to go through that hard part.
razgriz

believe it or not i tried it, its harder than going through the tunnel because its darn near impossible to locate the exit on the other end. and you have to sorta skim by the exit in order to actually complete the level.
(setsuna giggling)
V2

yeah. had a helluva time with that part - slowing yourself down to stalling to make sharp maneuvers then afterburning yourself like hell to make sure you dont get "closed" by the doors...
Scyron

V2 wrote:yeah. had a helluva time with that part - slowing yourself down to stalling to make sharp maneuvers then afterburning yourself like hell to make sure you dont get "closed" by the doors...
I just thought having someone have a lock on me the entire length was bad enough, I mean if he did fire a missile I would be screwed, nevermind the deathstar's trench doors/crane arms
razgriz

it was always that stupid uneven bar looking structure near the very end where you pretty much have to scrape ur fins against the ceiling in order to avoid it. plus a lot of times you dont see it coming since your usually screaming full throttle near that part and then BOOM. game over man game over! :cry:
(setsuna giggling)
wing zero alpha

Scyron wrote:metal gear 4 :p
Crap, I thought I corrected that.
also it has already been said to be a timed exclusive so I'm sure they are hard at work on a ps3 version. If at all maybe they will have 7 as ps3 exclusive or special edition with bonus stuff?
It'll still take a while before a PS3 version is released, which is angering because it seems like every good PS game out there is being delayed to 2008 one way or another.
ZeonfromHell

razgriz wrote:it was always that stupid uneven bar looking structure near the very end where you pretty much have to scrape ur fins against the ceiling in order to avoid it. plus a lot of times you dont see it coming since your usually screaming full throttle near that part and then BOOM. game over man game over! :cry:
Ah yes. I have thoroughly proclaimed my expletive vocabulary in those situations. And what makes it even harder is when you're really burning deep inside for that S rank (or just don't want to get instantly pwn'd if you're playing Expert or Ace mode) so you kills the two oncoming Su-27s and the yellow Su-37. Then you can't see those damned "hurdles" (as I call them) through the fireball of the exploding fighters, so you crash into them! ARGH! That is one of those so-utterly-frustrating-it-makes-you-want-to-break-things moments in interactive gaming. :x
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Mwulf

Waitaminute... when was it confirmed that Ace6 would be going multiplatform?
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
J-Lead

Mwulf wrote:Waitaminute... when was it confirmed that Ace6 would be going multiplatform?
It hasn't been, as far as I know, but I sincerely hope it does. I've played Ace Combat with a dual shock for years now, and I don't feel like re-adjusting.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Scyron

When it was mentioned as timed exclusive, meaning at some point it will return home. I'd really like to have sixaxis work well, but whatever. Bandainamco seems to keep dropping PS3 titles as development is getting touch this time around.

[offtopic] I kind of hope they release katamari as well on ps3 for sixaxis, I'd imagine it would be really nice control over the analog sticks.
razgriz

hmm after handling a 360 controller im a little iffy on having the rocker switch on the lower left of the controller where the joystick normally is on the ps controller. it just seems awkward for AC since left is default the stick and right is the camera but ill adapt im sure.
(setsuna giggling)
Scyron

I just don't like the triggers and yaw switched, I hardly ever keep my fingers on the bumper buttons for turning.
VR7

-noel